Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-26 10:52:10 AM

Sinway

What's your saddest/happiest moments in all the redwall books

So there are a few sad things happening on the muck right now, mainly with Sinway and zolomon, but soon there will be a little more sadness at the Abbey when Oz passes away. So that got me remembering some of the saddest moments i remember from the books

For me the two moments that stick out to me the most are from Loamhedge and Outcast of redwall

in Loamhedge the saddest moment is two parts, first part is when Bragoon and Sarobando stay behind to let the other three escape while they do battle succeeding in beating the vermin but being fatally wounded, passing away holding paws ending there journey the way they started it holding paws, the part that got me the most was talking about going the quiet streams and silent hills agreeing that who ever gets there first wont go till the other one gets there. the second part is when the other three come home and deliver the the secret to cure Martha paralysis, but Bragoon and Sarobando couldn't find it so instead they write something them self in hopes it helps her and every one can tell it was written by them because the writing is broken and crude as they never learned to read and write properly leaving the abbey as dibbuns. i read this book over 10 years ago and still to this day it makes me sad.

My second one has to be at the end of the Outcast of Redwal, how Sunflash the mace would go up to the top of the mountain and uses a leaf to try to call his best friend Skarlath the Kestrel who was killed, just the way the book describes the moment is what makes me remember it above the others.

As a counter part if you feel like also adding some happy moments you remember that be awesome as well

Sinway Streampike- Brother of Redwall Abbey
Crevan- Good fox kit of Ferravale

#2 2019-02-26 03:31:24 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Re: What's your saddest/happiest moments in all the redwall books

It's been a very long time since I read the books, but Outcast was my first and oh man that Sunflash/Skarlath scene had me bawling!

#3 2019-02-26 03:56:58 PM

Sinway

aeysin wrote:

It's been a very long time since I read the books, but Outcast was my first and oh man that Sunflash/Skarlath scene had me bawling!

right that one hit home, as for reading the books i have recently gone back and started rereading them in chronological order, getting each book on my nook

#4 2019-02-26 05:35:16 PM

Karth Riverbark

1. Rose....then again if she didn't die there never would of been Redwall and lots of beasts would of likely been enslaved or dead in Mossflower cause if she lived you know Martin would of stayed in Noonvale

2. Russa Nodrey died protecting a dibbun and future Badger Lord

Lets see happy

Sunflash getting to see his mother before she died

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#5 2019-02-27 05:58:21 PM

Sinway

Karth Riverbark wrote:

1. Rose....then again if she didn't die there never would of been Redwall and lots of beasts would of likely been enslaved or dead in Mossflower cause if she lived you know Martin would of stayed in Noonvale

2. Russa Nodrey died protecting a dibbun and future Badger Lord

Lets see happy

Sunflash getting to see his mother before she died

Yes rose death, that was a really sad moment especially when the seer explains why she sends martin out to chop wood by him self, it was much sadder in the books then in the cartoon show, though if you imagine the song that is sung by rose during the end of the martin the warrior cartoon while reading the ending of the book it is literally heart breaking, and is moments like this as to why i love the series so much.

As for a happy moment for me would have to be when Deyna from taggerung is reunited with his mother and his sister.

and on a side note i went back to listen to the noonvale song from the show and was scrolling through the comments and found my comment from 9 years ago wow

Last edited by Sinway (2019-02-27 06:08:25 PM)

#6 2019-04-03 11:34:42 AM

Rudolfo And Alts

Sad=

Mara finding  Urthstripe  dead and then calling him father, he never got to hear her say Father and mean it:(

Happy=

Any time the slaves were freed

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#7 2019-04-11 04:38:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Saddest:  Every time my favourite character DIES.  (Like Rose, wah).  And when Brian Jacques died.  I cried.

Happiest: .....I don't know.  There were so many!

Board footer