Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-01 01:09:36 AM

Willow

Camp Willow

As a few people are already aware Camp Willow is hopefully making a come back.
I'm away for the week so I can't get on the Muck currently but I thought I'd try to give a little idea of the camp's status for those looking to join or for anyone who is just curious.

For a little history many years ago the old Skipper died. He left behind his wife Hallow and his newborn son Gaheris. As his son was too young to take the title the camp decided that Hallow should be Skipper until Gaheris grew up.

That was the situation for a long time until vikings found the camp a year or so ago. Hallow was badly injured in the initial battle and presumed dead but Gaheris managed to get out some of the camp otters and they went to Redwall for help. While there they heard Hallow was dead and Gaheris officially became Skipper.

The camp was retaken with help from the Abbey however most of the camp had been burnt down in the fighting and many otters had died or been enslaved and taken by the vikings. Hallow was later found but would never fight again.

Today the camp has rebuilt the important things like an infirmary, a place to eat and sleep and the tavern but very few have their own home and instead live in the dormitory with everyone else. There's a lot of orphans and a lot of work for everyone as most of those that were left were injured, weren't fighters or were too young or old to join the battle.

If there's anything anyone wants to know please do ask or if anyone has any ideas for things the camp can do they're always welcome.
-Gaheris

#2 2018-11-01 10:21:47 AM

Lutea
Website

Re: Camp Willow

HYPED!

Also thank you for all of the hard work that you put into re-descing and re-building CW code-wise. That is an insane hassle and a job no one ever wants to do, can't wait to play there again!

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#3 2018-11-01 01:10:33 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

1) Is Camp Willow on the North or South side of the River Moss?  If it's on the North side, I have a vermin-eating eagle I'd be cool bringing into the occasional RP to add some drama and spice big_smile

2) I may, on occasion, be able to spoof baddies or naughty Dibbuns, even though I can't make another char smile

3) I can't code worth spit, so you have my respect and slight awe.  I hope you get lots of RP! <3 smile

#4 2018-11-01 03:14:56 PM

Willow

The exact location of the camp can be found on the map from the Mossflower book which was when the camp was introduced (It's actually older than the abbey! Though none of the buildings have lasted as long). It's east of the abbey and south of the river. The river basically runs west past the camp, turns north past the abbey and the turns west again to cross the road and continue on to the sea.

I'm thinking I'll try to avoid big fights at the camp unless a bunch of people join wanting to be fighters but random small problem vermin are possible! Gaheris would have patrols going around the woods near the camp and as far as the abbey to keep an eye out for trouble so they might bump in to something.

The camp has indeed been updated to update things following them rebuilding everything and to make it a little easier to find things but it really wasn't anything complicated xD If anyone does find anything broken or wrong though let me know! I'll probably have missed something.
Next step is probably updating the website but that will wait until I'm back home.

Last edited by Willow (2018-11-01 03:16:41 PM)

#5 2018-11-01 03:26:29 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#6 2018-11-01 08:02:18 PM

Montamillion

Super glad that CW is poised for a comeback! big_smile I brought my otter Flynn back just for this specific purpose, so this should be a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to it. big_smile

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

#7 2018-11-03 09:55:50 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

So a fighter maybe or guard would be needed most?

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#8 2018-11-04 03:44:47 PM

Dylan Locke

I'm going to bring a bounty hunter of sorts >.>

#9 2018-11-06 05:50:14 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Can my otter char be one of the Lost that was found? Fromn this log= http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=955

My Alts: 
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#10 2018-11-07 01:43:43 AM

Willow

Pretty much everything is needed! Fighters are good but so are builders, fishers, cooks, farmers, dibbuns, merchants and anything else you can think of! Every job is available (except Skipper obviously!).
Yes you can be one of the otters who was enslaved by the vikings and has now been found! They're currently on their way back and I'm not certain when they're getting back, I need to talk to Lutea about it but we'll have a big party when they do!

#11 2018-11-07 07:50:24 AM

Lutea
Website

Rudolfo, as Willow said: of course! I would recommend you sifting through the old log that started it (it's three parts, first part is HERE and the other two are linked from that page) just so you can flesh out the background and know what he's coming from smile

We can have them return ASAP, it will depend on RL for the involved players. I'll talk to Juniper's player about it today, if I can, and touch base with Willow.

#12 2018-11-07 12:57:37 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Jarvis- This is my otter...unlike some otters he has a little trouble swiming, why?..The webbing on his paws,  footpaws also...was cut as he tried to escape twice, his voice is a little messed up also as one time someone sliced his thorat and barely missing the main blood vessel. So he is one of the lost otters returning home.

My Alts: 
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#13 2018-11-08 10:56:46 AM

Dylan Locke

I created Cali:

She is a traveling bard who might become a merchent later on.

She's a bubbly, happy, otter bard who knows how to throw a mean right hook.

#14 2018-11-08 01:05:16 PM

Lutea
Website

I'll jump on this character description bandwagon!

Both of my CW alts, Trinket and Ayita, were killed in the TP, so I present:

Rionach ("Reen-Yah") Reedworthy!

She was a carpenter before the attack, but when the Camp was sacked, she lost her mate and her brother and was subjected to servitude under the Northerners. She was forced to fix their ships and their weapons, and returns home a hollow and haunted beast. Rionach wants to live a peaceful, normal life... But will she ever remember how?

Rion will be resuming her position as a carpenter when she gets back, as well as serving part-time as a sling and javelin beast.

Board footer