Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-09 04:29:46 AM

Milady Scribe

Hello. Newbie here.

We all remember how awkward Zuko was when he tried to join Team Avatar. (If not, here is a fun little reminder.) Well, I'll try to be less awkward than that. Because first impressions are important, right? Right. ....which means I've already blown it. Darn.

Let me start over. Hi there. My name is Anne. (Also known as Milady, Scribe, Milady Scribe, the Border Lass, Lassie, Hey You, etc.) I have been interested in roleplaying games since my big brother first introduced me to D&D. In the ten years since I have also discovered text-based roleplaying and live action roleplaying. Now I've found you guys! smile Since I do happen to be entirely new to the MUCK format, I ask that you be reasonably patient with me as I learn. In return I promise not to be a jerk (if I do inadvertently step on any toes, please let me know right away so I can fix it) and to learn as quickly as possible so you don't have to baby me for too long.

Umm, let's see... If it's not apparent already, I'm a teensy bit of a (HUGE) nerd. I can also get pretty sarcastic, but I don't mean any harm by it; sometimes my snark just overflows a bit. I'm religious but promise not to be pushy about it. I am a Navy brat who's seen just enough of the world to want to explore the rest. But since traveling takes a lot of money, until I win the lottery I'll be doing most of my adventuring via roleplay. My character is Gwin: spurred on by her shadowed past, the good-hearted grey fox is driven to complete a mysterious quest.

All right, intro over. Pleased to meet you all, and I look forward to RPing together!

Last edited by Milady Scribe (2018-10-09 04:33:42 AM)

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are made for.  -- John A. Shedd

#2 2018-10-09 06:51:16 AM

Karth Riverbark

Re: Hello. Newbie here.

Maybe she could visit Ferravale, while Ferravale waan't in the books it is a vermin village but they have a peace treaty with Redwall Abbey.

Also right now she won't be able to go into the abbey icly till sometime on thursday the 11th, its locked...least for now till the current TP is over.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#3 2018-10-09 10:33:06 AM

oz

Ferravale be good just page Blisa for info on Ferravale, if she isnt on there is my OOC alt Scioto you can page but he isnt on too much seeing as I use him mainly for building and logging a role play, he died ICLY and his daughter took over as Chieftain of Ferravale

Also maybe you can make a hare for the Long Patrol when you get a chance they are looking for members and page Jinora or Riley for info on that.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2018-10-09 02:01:19 PM

Milady Scribe

Thank you for the tips! I'll definitely check out Ferravale, and I'm certainly not opposed to making a hare. However, I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. What does TP stand for?
2. How do I page people? (Nevermind, I figured it out.)
3. How do I make another character or alt--that is, do I have to make it under my current character somehow, or do I just create a new character on the MUCK?

Thanks again!

Last edited by Milady Scribe (2018-10-09 02:18:42 PM)

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are made for.  -- John A. Shedd

#5 2018-10-09 03:38:39 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Hi! Welcome to the MUCK.

TP is a TinyPlot. It describes an organized story arc that spans multiple RPs.

To make another character, follow the same steps you used to create the first. There's no limit on alts, but be aware that they purge if not connected at least once every 42 days.

Here's some articles that might help ya' out with various things:

- Basic Commands
- The OOC Guide to IC Life
- RP and IC
- General Help

#6 2018-10-09 06:09:59 PM

Milady Scribe

Ooooookay. Got it now, haha. Thank you! (And I will definitely check out those articles.)

#7 2018-10-10 09:45:00 AM

Lutea
Website

Greetings, m'lady!

Welcome to the game! I will give you my /totally/ unbiased suggestion to go check out the Long Patrol, as well. Totally unbiased. If you're looking around for some RP, or just have a question, feel free to page me as Lutea on the game smile

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#8 2018-10-10 02:53:30 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

...........I would give some newbie advice, but it looks like aeysin beat me to it xD

I am Blisa, DoraRose, LilyMoore, and Felicity.  I am also Lenore, but she is OOC only, and I have her on not very often.  If you wanna contact me, feel free to page #mail TheNameOf1OrMoreOfTheFirst4Characters=YourMessageHere smile

Hope we can RP soon, and that you can get some fun RPs in!  Feel free to ask questions, even if you think they're stupid; also, when I was new, I took lots of notes of MUCK commands.  It'd be more helpful if I hadn't lost all my notes tongue

Board footer