Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-22 06:09:46 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

And now Ferravale needs a shared Head Guard! :D

So, Karth had to quit running Vojin: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=854 and he mentioned us having a shared Head Guard character, like we now have the Abbot, the Abbey Champion, and the Badger Lord.  I like that idea, to be honest, and I thought it'd be nice to have the character development be open to discussion, like we did with the Champion.  I talked it over with those who help me run things (like the Champion and Ciocan and Ferravale) and they liked that idea, too.

So!  Ideas?  Thoughts?  Even if you don't have a character in Ferravale, all ideas are welcome! big_smile

I was thinking it might be cool to have a female Head Guard, and have her be a more rarely used species.  The list of available vermin, non-bird and species is: Cat, Ermine, Ferret, Frog, Fox, Lizard, Marten, Monitor lizard, Newt, Polecat, Rat, Stoat, Toad, Weasel and Wildcat smile  Ermine are pretty rare, and I can't remember more than 1 female ermine on the MUCK in all of my 6 and a half years on here.  What do you guys think?

She could have a more tragic backstory, seeing as how she's a vermin.  Was she kicked out of her tribe because she refused to enslave someone?  Did she used to be a slave on a pirate galley?  Did her family get eaten by wolverines?  Or did she just wander away some day and have a nice backstory?  Thoughts?  Ideas?  Even if you think they're stupid, I wanna hear them! big_smile

Also, if you don't have a forums account and don't want to make one, feel free to pmail me your reply, and I'll just copy/paste it into a comment on here!  And if you think I edited your personal reply in any way, feel free to email Otter and have him check smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-09-22 06:19:04 PM)

#2 2018-09-22 06:30:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: And now Ferravale needs a shared Head Guard! :D

Xander said, "On the Shared Head Guard..you may not want a toad, frog, lizard type..cold weather would be bad for them.....I know the blacksmith is a lizaard but like he has a forge he will hang out in in winter and thats expected,  head guard staing inside a lot wouldnt be." (*staying inside, he paged me after that.  Typos want us all to die sad )

#3 2018-09-22 06:46:08 PM

Ximena

Well...

Make One.

Maybe a Ferret and female be good. As for backstory I don't know. Maybe she could like clear star filled nights and be a beast that doesnt drink ales and stuff like that.

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#4 2018-09-23 07:58:21 AM

Karth Riverbark

A ferret or maybe a cat.We have already had a fox-Bandit and a wildcat-Well vojin....so not one of those again. I do agree cold blooded cretures would be not as good when its cold out and in winter all but useless outside for too long.

A more tragic backstory would be good for a vermin, take would need to know good up front in your face fighting and long distance fighting, or maybe they are a lot better at in your face fighting than longbow....if they fire an arrow they will likely hit thier own footpaw:P.

Also where did they live? Maybe south as I know a lot pick Northlands....or maybe she comes from the eastern shores.

Here is something to help get ideas flowing...

Name:

Species:

Dislikes:

Where did they live before:

Why did they leave:

Hopes/dreams:

Skills:

Fears:

Streagths:

Weakness:

I aways like to have streagths as well as weakness as no one is 100% perfect and fills the skills bar on all things.....examples below...

Karth-Stregths was his archer skills, his tracking skills, he knew what plants were good and bad for food and even to heal, he had good leadership skills at times

Weakness- Short temper at times, rarely let emtions show to others.....

(Basically if ever seen TMNT..Raphafel, the one in the red mask...thats Karth...hmmms darn he never got a chance to say oh fearless leader...oh well:P)

Ok thats all I got and if I think of ideas I will let you know but I think I will let others figure it out as I usually like to work on a character a while and sometimes, like in real life, a character can change slightly..grow..character develpment after all or maybe things in thier life makes changes happen ect ect...likes and dislikes can change too like Karth trusted very very few,but once he trusted you you were his friend for life....

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-09-25 09:38:41 AM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#5 2018-09-24 11:49:42 AM

KenyaAndJacenta

Here an idea..she was kicked out of her family, her parents never paid her no mid as they wanted a son not a daughter...oh daughters dont make a warrior...a son does...so her younger brother got all the family riches,attention,ect....she tried to say something they banished her fron the village...like no food/water/ nor weapon and the only reason she escaped an assassin is she is an expert swimmer..the assasssin..the assassin was more like a heavy rock so the assasssin sank..drowned...died and the soon to be new head guard of Ferravale..she live smile She is looking for a place that will accpect her and she is friendly to woodlanders...long as they dont swing a blade at her but she will try to calm them and not stab them..unless of course they keep trying to stab her then its self defense

#6 2018-09-25 09:37:10 AM

oz

I like the idea of banished from her village...maybe she was told to kill some...woodlander slave and she refushed and said slave got away(likely killed by her brother shortly afterwards).

I am not sure on a name idea by expert swimmer sounds like a good skill.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#7 2018-09-25 09:44:21 AM

Karth Riverbark

Looked at this again....So a female head guard, not Male....yeah Female be cool and different as the past couple been males- a fox and a wildcat. So as said before...not a fox or wildcat...cat or ferret still works for her smile

And yeah great swimmer, and could be skilled at some sort of weapon but like totally fail at a differnt weapon.

She has no contact with family..thy do hate her after all and assumes she is dead, the assassin was highly skilled in thier minds and they even already paid them, guess there is some gold at the bottom of the river now:)...as the parents just assassumed..kill thier daughter, get rid of the body and just take your gold and leave the area...

Where did she live though...south maybe? Has anyone had a character from there yet?

And just for fun...cake or pie?...She doesnt like either tongue

She likes cookies smile

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#8 2018-09-29 02:06:48 PM

Dylan Locke

I see the head guard being an antagonist. Not in the sense of being a villain, but someone whom the characters do not particularly enjoy getting a visit from.

She can be a perfectly nice person but at the end of the day she collects taxes, she enforces laws, she evicts people, she has to break up fights and toss people into the jail. She is there to make sure things run smoothly about the town and is not afraid to step on peoples toes to keep them in line.

I imagine her to be a rat. Small, average build, not fat but not skinny, not muscular but not sleek either. She's built very plain and squarish with scars from past mistakes and generally greets people with a 'I am so done with you' scowl.

I also imagine her to be very short, and yes, secretly enjoys cookies.

Also, I think she would be the one guard to actually keep prisoners in jail XD There has been so many beasts actually escaping jail in FV they might as well put a revolving door there, so she might be a little quick to jump right to stabbing dangerous creatures rather than risking the lives of her guards trying to capture them.

Or... she can be a complete dirt bag and hate the paperwork of recruiting more beasts more than actually losing them.

#9 2018-10-01 08:07:10 PM

Ximena

Ummm...weather its a sharedchar or someone meakes a new Head Guard I don't think they need to be..super strict..well it is a vermin village so maybe. Does Ferravale have taxes?

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#10 2018-10-02 01:43:49 PM

KenyaAndJacenta

They would have to get along..well fairly with the abbey at least. The peace treaty after all.

I wonder what Blisa's reaction will be once she learns Vojin sort of..abandoned them.

#11 2018-10-03 02:05:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Great ideas, you guys!  And Karth, thanks for giving us a template (thingy?) to fill out; that'll help with this process big_smile

Benar is ICly from the Southlands, but as far as I know, he's the only one.  Although I will say that I don't know the backstories of every single character on the MUCK, so there may be a few others.  DoraRose and her brother and grandmother are all from the East (from an RWMUCK place called Tuscani, to be exact), and Matilda is from the Eastern Shore, and I think there are one or 2 others chars from the East, but I can't quite remember who they are. 

We have votes for species:
Rat: 2 (I'm counting myself because I think a rat would be cool)
Cat: 1 (why would a cat be a good swimmer?  Conversely, it'd be a cool and surprising plot twist!)
Ferret: 3 (I also like the idea of a ferret....and no, she and Ferdinand would not fall in love tongue )

I think the excellent swimmer idea would be useful.  As for her backstory...I like it, and it would explain why she would be such a good fighter.  (Kind of like why Ferdinand is so good at fencing... https://www.rwmuck.org/archive/content/ … inued.html yikes )  The trauma that was caused by her family hiring an assassin to murder her would explain why she is so agressive towards lawbreakers.  But she still adores cookies because her grandfather, who was the only member of her family who was nice to her, made really good cookies, and they're all that she has left of him because he died shortly before she tried to save a slave.  big_smile  Sound good so far?

Keep the ideas comin'!  And yes, she needs to be friendly towards the Abbey; that's basically non-negotiable.

I always assumed Ferravale had taxes D:  And Blisa is going to completely freak out when she discovers that Vojin is GONE.  She's gonna throw a hissy fit...possibly in the literal sense xD

#12 2019-11-08 10:41:11 AM

Karth Riverbark

So was one ever made?

#13 2020-01-08 06:14:38 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

So!  I have decided some things about this Head Guard.  (Only Oz, Nightbreath, and I can spoof her!!)

She is a brown rat with dark brown eyes.  She is about as average looking as can be, including in her height.  Her voice is husky and deep for a female.  She uses a bastard sword.

Only Blisa (and Ferdinand) and Nightbreath would ICly know this, but she used to be an assassin/spy, then, deciding she didn't want to live that life anymore, she moved to Mossflower from the Southern Lands and eventually became the Head Guard.  She is good at swimming.  She walks silently, and she likes to sneak up on the guards when they're least expecting it so she can see if they're paying close attention to their surroundings, and if they're actually doing their jobs.  Her FV guard uniform also has yellow sunbursts embroidered on the sleeves to show that she's the Head Guard.

She is aggressive towards lawbreakers, but will hold herself back if Blisa tells her to.  She secretly likes cookies.  She likes to not tell people her name to begin with to see how they react and just in case they're hunting her down to kill her.

Most of this very few people would know ICly.  But putting it all here helps to Oz and I keep straight stuff about her smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2020-01-08 06:37:49 PM)

#14 2020-02-29 02:45:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I've decided her name is Ann.  A nice, common name smile

Board footer