Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-28 10:39:57 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

The Pond Is A Nice Place to Talk-Fate of Marek Tp

Who:
Kenya- Almost novice age

Atvi-Dibbun

Sinway- Warrior in Mossflower Defenders

Couple other dibbun spoofs, and a Mouse Sister spoof.

Log:

Pond of Redwall Abbey

Sinway is currently floating on his back in the pond, his shirt laying next to the abbey pond leaving his chest and all his scares exposed, right now the otter is just idly floating around

Atvi enters the area of the abbey pond, ever with him is his friend, a smaller vole . He looks around and at the pond before going to sit down.

Kenya walks slowly to the pond, no lesson skipping today and she has a book on herbs she has decided to keep reading as she sits down, but not close to the two voles.

Sinway hasn't noticed the three yet, the older otter currently lost in thought, though he does start to float closer to the edge of the pond where the dibbuns are at, his eyes are closed, could he be sleeping?

Atvi watches the otter and looks at the other vole and grins...a sleeping grownup, maybe they could do something funny. Him and the other vole seem to discuss an idea. One of them giggle so it has to be funny.

Kenya snorts and looks over at the giggling voles "I am reading something important bout herbs...so be quiet Atvi"

Sinway ears twitch at both the giggling voles and the familiar voice of Kenya, the otter doesn't respond just now choosing to let the two voles have there fun. he even adds a little snore for good effect making sure he stays close to the edge of the pond

Atvi looks over and rolls his eyes, he looks over at the sleeping otter in the pond and then runs off before returning with wrapped package..looking like that's what happen to the missing onions...oh a Brother Rick's favorite socks. The other vole giggles as they go to some reason put a sock full of onions , maybe one the sleeping otter.why?...No clue.

Kenya sighs as she closes her book, "You two need to behave..."She been grumpy the last couple days and is about ready to just not stay around these...younger dibbuns much longer. She looks at the book and frowns trying to distract herself.

Sinway turns his nose up, putting on a face of mock horror at the smell "what be this!" He shouts playfully pretending to sink down in the water out of surprise, popping up a few seconds later holding his nose and the sock full of onions "Lack a day, can't even get a nap with ye rogues around." He walks over to the two voles, and punishes them by shaking his fur off and spraying them with water.....being careful to not get some on Kenya or her book

Atvi just shrugs and can see the book "That book probably boring.....plants..."The two voles then scream as they are covered in water, not that its not cooling in the heat of summer but came as a surprise.

Kenya glares at the voles "Herbs and they is important...they save lifes....lifes is important and healers save..."She frowns "Try save lifes..."She snorts as they get wet and mutters something along the lines of deserved that, a little water may of gotten on her, but not the book.

Sinway grins and ruffles the head fur of the two voles before turning to Kenya "She, right, herbs be very important." He sits down somewhere in between the voles and the sea otter dibbun "so Kenya, ye takin' a interest in herbs, does that mean ye thinkin' of being the head healer when ye become sister?"

Atvi smiles a little and looks over at Kenya "Kenya been all grumpyhead " The other speaks "Yeah she even kicked Papa Oz...me seeeeeen her and he tooks her somewhere...bet to punish  her"They giggle a little.

Kenya answers Sinway "I don't know..would takes lots and lots work and Angela is...is ins charge...of.."She looks at Atvi and then glares , yes she did kick the badger earlier in the week but she wasn't really herself as she glares at Atvi.."You shuts up!!" And there is the need to correct these voles, she don't care right now, she head butted Brother Josh so maybe that was worse, or just that whole afternoon "Yous..you were not there there , you were just being dums playing in Open grounds...maybe pay attention and find out why ...things...."And she goes to charge at them, knock them down if she can!

Sinway quickly scoops up Kenya with his strong arms stopping that action in its track "Hey, hey now little lass, calm yer self, none of that." He looks over at the two voles "and ye two, if ye knew she be grumpy ye shouldn't of provoked her." The otter holds Kenya close making sure she can't escape and continue you her charging "Come on lass, this isn't how a novice acts, why have ye been so upset lately, ye can talk to me."

Atvi gasps and back up, the two voles look at one another and frown, "I..not know"

Kenya starts to kick the otter and just frowns as a couple tears go down her face " They..they wouldn't let me see...mommy....the other otter had her and some other otter."

Sinway lets her kick him, the strong otter not even phased by it, he gently sits her on his lap keeping his strong and warm grip around her "Shh shhhhh, now whats this all about........who is yer mommy, and who wont let ye see her?" He turns to the two voles "I think ye two should head back fer now, ok?"

Atvi frowns, as does the other vole and decide to just leave.

Kenya frowns...."Junefur..."She says quietly and sniffs "Me and mommy and daddy were in woods...and then bad beasts came and hurt daddy and...and he fell down and didn't get up and mommy said run so I run and a hare and ..and...Xander help me but mommy got taken ways and she was missing fe....few weeks but someone finds her"She sniffs..tears..but she...she wasn't moving...and no one would let me..me go to her...not Brother Josh or Papa Oz and...and I wanted down so..so kicked him and I didn't means to..I didn't mean too..I wanted down and..." Wait she hurt Oz, did she hurt him bad? He already had a cut on his face and now she seems to slip back into her earlier dibbun years and just sobs.

Sinway just holds the little one close his paw moving to rub the top of her head "There there.......go on little one, let it out.......your sadness anger, I'll take it all." He loosens his grip on her now not fearing she will charge any one any more "If ye feel like hitting someone out of anger or sadness, ye can hit me I can take it.........if ye need some one to just talk to, ye can talk to me.........I'm sure Oz is ok and isn't angry with you." He not sure if the little one knows what happened to her parents, or even if its right for him to tell

Kenya just sobs, she kicks out a couple times and sniffs. This goes on for maybe 20 minutes before she seems to quiet down..seems she may of cried and screamed herself to sleep.

Sinway sighs a little, a few tears in his eyes he stands up and holds Kenya close, slowly walking over to the abbey to find the little one a place she can sleep

3-4 Days later again at the pond

Sinway is currently laying about with his exposed feet sitting in the water, the otter looks to be dozing off but then he could be wide awake with just his eyes closed

Kenya walks along the pond edge and skips a little, she also has a couple rocks, the kind you skip across a pond and does so, one fails and the other gets 4 skips before it sinks.

Sinway ears twitch a little and one eye opens "4 skips that's pretty good." The otter sits up grinning over to Kenya "How are ye today lass, are ye feelin' a little better?" The otter looks around finding his own flat stone, standing up and throwing it, he gets about six skips before it falls "Remember what I said if ye need to talk ye can talk to me."

Kenya smiles "Hello...Sinway sir."She seems a little better mood as she goes to sit by him.

Sinway grins and sits back down letting his tail wrap around her in a sort of hug "Hello Kenya" He says simple before staring out in the water letting the little one just sit next to him

Kenya smiles and gives him a hug, "I..I am sorry if hurt you any other day when kicked you, didn't mean too"

Sinway chuckles and wraps one of his arms around Kenya "Ye didn't hurt me, I told ye if ye needed to let out anger ye could and well ye did, and I'm glad ye did after all ye look a little better."

Kenya nods "I...am better, a little..."She is still sad and speaks quietly "They..." She sighs " Mom is in the graveyard now...maybe her ghost will like still watch over me, sort of like Martin the warrior watches over the abbey, you think so?"

Sinway is sad but he puts on a brave face giving the little one a big smile "I know it lass, yer mom be watchin ye, and yer father too." He hugs her close "So ye got to make them proud ok?"

Kenya nods slowly "I am..learning bout herbs like mint is good for stomach aches...and can calm you, and its good for a cold...its like a tea too"She looks around and adds "It tastes badddddddd"

Sinway laughs a little "Does it now, well maybe it was just to strong fer ye, seems ye be learnin a lot about herbs though, do ye have a idea on what ye want to be when ye reach sisterhood of the order?"

Kenya shrugs "I not know...healer or maybe make things with wood...but there isn't like a...permanent Master Healer..Brother Rafael and ..Grumpy old Angela share that job"

Sinway grins and nods "If ye want to be a healer, I think that be a fine idea, tis a fine job to have." The otter picks up Kenya and sits her down on his lap "If I  iget to become a novice, I think I  want to be a gardener"

Kenya says, "You could grow carrots, but not onions...they will just be put in socks again"

Sinway shakes his head giving a big and deep laugh "Ohh but onions are important, some of the best food be made with them." he ruffles her head a gently "so it be worth the risk if ye ask me."

Kenya giggles "But ..some of the dibbuns put onions in socks and no one would say who"She pouts "We all had to help wash dishes for 2 days"

Sinway laugh dies down to a giggle "that is a shame, but still, ye can't have onion and leek soup with out onions, and that be me second favorite soup."

Kenya smiles "Hot root is good..."She giggles, something she hasn't done in a couple days.

Sinway nods his head "aye that be me favorite soup, I  couldn't call me self a otter if it wasn't after all." The otter smiles down at Kenya "Glad to here ye laughing, I know you have had to go through some horrible stuff, I had to go through the same when I was a dibbun, but it gets better little one......the hurt goes away it takes time, but soon you will be able to remember all the good times."

Kenya frowns but replies "Its..safe here through...right Sinway?"

Sinway holds Kenya close "Right now, tis the safest place in Mossflower, and ye can be sure me and the defenders will do are best to keep it that way."

Kenya nods, she is a little afraid, "Hopes...so...The Defenders are like gonna make all the bad beast go away "

Sinway nods his head "We are gonna try lass, and Xander is gonin' to get the hares from the mountain, and we might even get the badger lord to help, them vermin are gonna regret ever steppin' foot in Mossflower

Kenya listens "Badger Lord?"She asks curious "And the Long Patrol have like lots and lots and lots of hares."She blinks "How he not go insane?"She knows some here can get annoyed at one hare, what would like 500 or more do

Sinway laughs again ruffling her ears "Because the badger lord commands the respect of all fighting hares, most treat him with the utmost respect, and those who don't well." He chuckles again, having met a leader badger in his prime before, not the Lord of Salamandstorn "Well, he just has to remind them who is in charge."

Kenya smiles slowly "Yeah and if he comes he will for sure make all the bad beasts go away like real real fast and then we will have a feast and all will be happy and not grumpy"She frowns "Even Abbot Benar is grumpy and ...I was gonna talks to him but I was unsure...he looked sad so...I didn't to leave him alone"

Sinway smiles hugging Kenya again "Don't ever be afraid to talk to the abbot, ok Kenya.....never, no matter what, but if it be somethin' ye need to talk about ye can talk to me as well, Benar is a good friend of mine, ill make sure he gets the message if ye want."

Kenya nods "Just...wanted to still ask bout being a novice..but he was sad I think...maybe someone needs to cheer him up"

Sinway grins and nods "Don't worry lass, ye will be a novice if ye still want to be, it might have to wait till this is all over, but ye will be." He stares out at the water for a little bit the pond looking pretty with it reflecting the moon and stars "Maybe he needs yer help to cheer him up, show him ye are doin' better maybe that will help him, a lot has happened Kenya and the abbot is stressed and worried so showing him ye are cheering up might help."

Kenya nods, she is thinking and smiles"Maybe me and some dibbuns can make him cupcakes! With...with honey on top!"

Sinway nods "That be a fine idea, but make sure ye talk it over with Oz and have him help get ye permission to do it with the friar ok?"

Kenya frowns "But wants..want to cheer up the abbot.."She sighs and pouts but nods finally "Ok..but the friar is..scary sometimes"

Sinway chuckles "But it be dangerous to go into the kitchen with out askin' I know Oz will think its a wonderful idea, I'm sure they will let ye."

Kenya nods "Ok..I will..."She then gasps and hides behind Sinway as along the grounds comes one very grumpy, bad day?, Sister June..."Young lady...your supposed to be getting ready for bed..."She frowns and walks towards the housemaid "Ok...I am sorry"The mouse maid just walks off, every so often making sure the otter maid is following....yeah Kenya hates bedtime.

Board footer