Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-28 05:03:09 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

TP Ideas Discussion!

OOC TP Ideas: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=518
IC TP Ideas: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=979

We have looked through the TP ideas, and now it's time to discuss which one(s) we wish to do next!  big_smile

Please remember that this topic is for the discussion of which TP we want to do next; after we decide, a new topic for hammering out the details and stuff for that TP must be created, and the link placed in a comment on this thread so we know which ones are in the works and which ones aren't.  This is not for the discussion of how to do one of the TPs listed in the links above, and those threads that I have linked above are for the listing of TP ideas only.  This is to help us as a group decide which TP we want to do next, and keep straight which TPs we have done and which are available for discussion.  I think this will help us be more organized in our TP planning, and have fewer TPs where some people are frustrated because they didn't want another "Conquer Mossflower" TP, but they had nowhere to state their opinions! D:  My hope and plan for these topics is for TPs to be more easily organized.

Discuss away!! big_smile

EDIT: Also, I had the discussion and ideas posts be each their own topics because I knew that if it was all one topic, the ideas would get lost in all the discussion responses because there would be so many of them.  We would never be able to find the ideas, and it would've been a pointless endeavour!  I mean, imagine it:  Someone would post their TP idea, and everyone would be discussing it and the other TP ideas, ad we'd get to like 5 pages, and then we'd have to be scrolling through aaaaallllll those responses, most of which would be discussion, in order to find the 1 or 2 that were TP ideas.  I figured it would probably be better to have the discussion be its own topic, and the TP ideas posts be their own topics, just to make it easier to find the ideas that have been posted.  This should help it be more organized, hopefully, and so make future TP planning easier.  And that's my sole goal.  And it'll be easier and faster to just make a new discussion topic than to sort through all the posts and copy over the TP ideas we haven't done into another new ideas-&-discussion post smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-11-29 02:11:46 PM)

#2 2018-11-28 05:08:27 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: TP Ideas Discussion!

TP and TPish discussions currently underway:

OOC:
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=930

IC:
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=945
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=972
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=944

~*~

If I have missed any, please place the links in the comments!  The links listed above are the TP/plot things that are currently in the works, so please go check 'em out! big_smile

Discussion for other TPs to do begins below!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-11-28 05:11:15 PM)

#3 2018-11-29 01:58:39 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I like the idea of having a TP on the Western shores (finally), and the Blackrose sounds like just the group to do it!

The tunnel TPs sound interesting, and deserve more thought.

Perhaps a blizzard in Redwall would be fitting, and force everyone to be in the main Abbey building, and that's part of why the Abbot has his crafty competition -- to keep everyone from going crazy! big_smile

There are caves near Halyard?  They definitely could use a checking out ICly!

Non-violent TPs for the Guosim, Ferravale, and Camp Willow are also good ideas.  We definitely need to think more on those!

Thanks to everyone who has come up with ideas so far!!  I can't wait to read the discussion below and see what everyone thinks about the ideas shared smile

#4 2018-11-29 03:42:03 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Evil birds are also cool big_smile  Hmm....I should come up with something to do with Riana, my golden eagle.  But in the meantime, Mont's evil bird sounds like he needs some beasts to frighten smile

#5 2018-12-01 01:24:31 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I would love to run some sea monsters xD  I mean, we have talking mice and stuff, so why not some mythical beasts, too??  They wouldn't be magical, by any means.  Just big and rare and scary xD

Keep the ideas coming, but PLEASE move the discussion over to this topic so we don't lose any of the ideas because of all the comments about them.

#6 2018-12-01 04:32:53 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Discussion could get lost on here as well as on ideas page. I wouldn't worry too much on it if there is a little discussion on the ideas ..I think some of the discussion is just explaining what the idea are in more depth.

Maybe once a good TP idea is choosen...then that will get its own subject, for example....I think the Blackrose one will have a couple others...like the verminish otter who has a plan set for him....but it may or may not go as first planed once he gets near success on it. Also that same verminish otter could befriend some hares and attempt..fail of course..to try and off the badger lord somehow.

Think the abbey area has a couple things going on but more is needed on western shores and maybe the two hares recruiting for the LP..could end up maybe in southward or that one city..collensten(spelling?).

Also what about Rungate, of course no one near the western shore or redwall would be in Ruingate  as heard its like...very way toooooooooo far away, but still could be some role play there sometime.

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#7 2018-12-01 05:29:01 PM

Lutea
Website

* The whole point of the LP recruitment is to get some play happening in other areas of the MU*, like SSward and Collinsel - though the otter brigade will be in Collinsel shortly. Adrian and Monty will really be in charge of where they go, but it was my hope with setting that up that they would really spread over the map for little encounters all over the place! If you want to do anything with that, I would drop those two a p #mail.

* I think that keeping things away from the standard 'vermin horde attacks Redwall/Sala/etc.' for awhile would be the best course of action. Alternative badguy tropes, journey-based adventures, riddles, and mysteries are going to be the focus in whatever I'm running for the foreseeable future, at least!

* I'm a huge fan of the Hullaballoo idea.

* As far as the sword thing goes, there have been a couple plots where it goes missing in the past (I'm impressed you dug through logs as far back as that, Rudolfo - top notch newbie research!) - it tends to be a favorite trope in the books and gets old, you're right, so I am glad to scratch that one off the list!

* With the CW otters returning, whenever that happens (THERE IS NO SET DATE AND WHEN/IF THERE IS THAT WILL BE SHARED HERE), there will a lot of roleplay potential, not necessarily TP-related, but it will be plot fuel for scenes regardless.

I also think it's important that we don't get too hyper-focused on TPs and large events/plots/etc. A big issue we have here is that, even if a TP sets up enough material for normal roleplay to be interesting for months to come: once the TP ends, people lose interest. Fostering casual roleplay is important, if not more important, than having big plots in progress. Don't just create characters for a plot, rather use plots to make the characters that you want to play and continue playing. *Steps off soapbox*

* Sea Monsters: whales, sharks, etc. have been mentioned in the books before, so as long as we aren't doing anything legitimately mythical I see no issue with it! Large fish have been treated as "river monsters" in the books before, and a couple years back Bandit ran that there was a shark harassing some areas near the Western Shore (poor Lutea was never the same lol) so it's definitely not unheard of and can be pretty entertaining!

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#8 2018-12-01 06:10:51 PM

Karth Riverbark

Sharks!!!!!

Large Killer Eels?

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#9 2018-12-01 06:11:54 PM

Karth Riverbark

What ever happen to the new mayor of Halyard idea? Just curious

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#10 2018-12-01 10:11:51 PM

Lutea
Website

@Karth

I believe that is still going to happen, Saja is the one to ask about that.

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#11 2018-12-02 04:17:54 PM

Montamillion

"The whole point of the LP recruitment is to get some play happening in other areas of the MU*, like SSward and Collinsel - though the otter brigade will be in Collinsel shortly. Adrian and Monty will really be in charge of where they go, but it was my hope with setting that up that they would really spread over the map for little encounters all over the place! If you want to do anything with that, I would drop those two a p #mail."

Yesyesyes, like she said, please do shoot us a #pmail if y'all have any ideas for interacting with Adrian and I as we gallevant about the MUCK! big_smile  Our plans are most definitely to explore the areas of the map that hardly ever get explored, it would be fun to hit up areas outside of the usual 'Redwall Abbey, Salamandastron, Western Shores, Halyard Tavern' locations that seem to contain a majority of the RP most days. This is also a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to make a LP hare to do so, so we have bodies to recruit! I'm guessing that at the end of the whole thing, there will be some new recruits we will spoof (just to say that they actually found some recruits during their travels), but we'd much prefer if they were actual players. smile In any case, I look forward to this plot and I think it'll be a lot of fun!

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

#12 2018-12-02 04:54:28 PM

Willow

I think we'll definitely have to do the Hullabaloo this coming summer, it would be fun!

Regarding other ideas:
I like the idea of a bit of mystery! A good puzzle to solve or a treasure hunt would be good. Doesn't always even have to be an epic quest for gold with the abbey, can do smaller scavenger hunts for the dibbuns and adults too.

I do figure since the camp is basically surrounded by swamp it's probably really easy for it to flood which probably means they build raised houses and don't make a big deal out of it. Knowing otters they could treat it as a fun excuse to just swim around everywhere or slide about in mud! Flooding isn't necessarily a bad thing for otters XD

Currently going on with the camp though I've sadly not had much time to rp it out lately!:
As Lutea mentioned the enslaved otters are RPing their way back.
The tavern is currently being rebuilt though the harvest and turn to winter weather is slowing down progress.
Speaking of the harvest, that's probably in it's tail end with nuts and things still being gathered and plenty of fish caught.
The hotroot soup however has been tasting a bit weak lately. Rumours are the crop was poor and the cooks are secretly rationing it and hoping no one notices.

#13 2018-12-04 02:16:53 PM

Karth Riverbark

Hullabaloo!!!!!!!

Let's go for it!!!!

#14 2018-12-04 02:23:28 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

A Hullabaloo is cool to have. My otters would love it! Jarvis is part of CAMP WILLOW, one of the returning otters  and there is Javin who is..well..I am sure beasts will find  out soon enough but he is still an otter.

My Alts: 
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#15 2018-12-04 04:18:13 PM

KenyaAndJacenta

I say cool to Hullabaloo in summer also. It's like summer to Autumn isn't it? And by the sea coast..:)Kenya will be there most likely

Singing...dancing....lots of hot root stew..sounds fun

#16 2018-12-04 04:34:46 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

*Starts working on giant squid drama ideas* wink

Rudolfo, the discussion is a continuing thing, so it's okay if we have to sift a little.  My main goal with this is to make sure we can keep track of the ideas themselves in their appropriate topics.  You can keep posting your ideas over there smile

Lutea: Yes, I would like TPs that help develop existing characters (hence the meteorite, which we don't have to do smile ).  And nice, calm ones that don't involve anybody dying can do just that big_smile  And even sets of semi-planned RPs that span only a couple of weeks are considered TPs, right?  (I could be wrong; I never understood the difference between TPs and MPs, anyway tongue )

Willow: if you have any other ideas for possible mystery plots we could do, please feel free to post them in the IC ideas thing!  A murder mystery is literally the only one I could come up with, and I'd be having other people writing it; I have no idea what people want me to help be in charge of TPs O.o  I'm just trying to make it more organized and let everyone have a say in what we do next.

A Hullabaloo sounds grand!  We should totally do it! big_smile

#17 2018-12-05 01:15:38 PM

oz

Things disappearing around the abbey?! Brother Fred's striped socks! A novice necklace that has a shiny pebble on it's end, a tail ring from an otter! some spoons and forks...it seems some buttons Oz had are missing too?!..Whats going on? Random odds and ends are missing, nothing too valuable..yet.(And no they are not taking any swords so no missing blade)

I like to do this maybe starting in a day or two and nope it's not the dibbuns doing it...I mean poor little joey's painted sparkly rock is missing and a hairbow of a squirrel dibbun!

So shall we do this? It will be a short little role play and end before the winter feast smile

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#18 2018-12-05 02:09:21 PM

Karth Riverbark

I like the missing things idea...Ewan could have his fave quill pen missing smile

#19 2018-12-05 03:46:41 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Cool missing things...let's do it. Will someone need hunted down?

My Alts: 
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#20 2018-12-05 05:37:31 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

That sounds like fun!  We could use a little mystery.  I'm on the edge of my seat with curiosity and anticipation big_smile

Thanks for starting  this TP! smile

#21 2018-12-07 09:45:40 AM

Ximena

cool...missing things role play

Also I am all for the Hullaballo also !

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#22 2018-12-08 04:12:55 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#23 2019-01-11 07:14:37 PM

Karth Riverbark

Gawtrybe- http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Gawtrybe

The Flitchaye- http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Flitchaye

In case one wanted an idea who they were....and the painted ones were- http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Painted_Ones

#24 2019-01-12 01:20:38 PM

oz

Maybe Adrian and Monty could run into either group some time. Like the  Flitchaye have a hare captive , they save the hare and the hare becomes a new recruit for the LP (Like a healer...you know they need like a healer with them:)...and yeah some more fighters but also a healer)

Also looks like the Blackrose is causing some problems a little sooner than planed, might see what Jinora had planed for some large scale TP she mentioned in LP updates ( If it's something Blackrose can be in cool, if not thats ok as well as the Blackrose will likely be defeated...totally gone? Likely not they would just fade into the background and come back but not for a long while after Melantha is taken out of leadership of the Blackrose (Not to worrygiven time...they will get a new leader after she is gone but as said also....not for a long while )

Hmmms other ideas....still would like to see the missing things around abbey thing happen...missing things DO NOT include any weapons, this is things like a favorite pin, a hair tie, a bracelet..maybe Angela lost something(Will leave that up to Dorarose as that's her alt..)..Oz maybe lost a tin of buttons he uses with math class with dibbuns and novices, maybe socks are missing or a belt...a necklance maybe. And this wouldn't be some insane evil mastermind looking to take over that's the thief...no they would not be a danger just...a thief tongue. But Who???? We shall wait and see.....if the idea for the role play is used:)

Thats all for now and of course Benar has the feast and the Bell Tower Role play going on smile

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#25 2019-01-12 01:26:42 PM

Karth Riverbark

Yeah go recruit a healer hare!

Board footer