Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-29 03:18:25 PM

Lutea
Website

Long Patrol Members, Read On!

So the website is, mostly, updated and I've run around as SalaBuilder fixing some things here and there. We now have a members page that gives some information on each hare! If you could find the little form HERE (https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Joining_the_Patrol!) and +paste your character's answers to Jinora or Riley, we'll get you added to the member's page HERE (https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Long_Patrol_Members_Listing).

If it is easier, you may also email your form answers to lutrapup@yahoo.com

There will be TP information posted soon as well! We are still fumbling around with the patrol divisions, but for the most part we are chugging right along.

For now, there is a spooky Halloween plot that anyone on the Western Shore can get involved with. It will run through the end of October.

Stay tuned!
-Jinora

Last edited by Lutea (2018-09-29 03:40:49 PM)

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#2 2018-10-01 04:50:42 PM

Lutea
Website

Re: Long Patrol Members, Read On!

Important Updates to Consider:
https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Rank_Structure
https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Patrol_Divisions

Part of what we wanted to accomplish with making changes was to allow for more beasts to be promoted, as that was a really common complaint in the past. We've added and rearranged some roles to make it more accurate to an actual military structure, as well as to include positions that were used in the books but have not existed in the game before. The uniforms page has been updated to include these changes. The Patrol Divisions will continue to change as we get new characters and promotions, or as plots progress.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out!

#3 2018-10-01 05:49:06 PM

oz

Cool smile

You should add a very grumpy NPC that likes to hit you over the head with thier cane. They are like a hare that is on watch duty alot tongue And they walk around the mountain and makes sure everyone is staying in line:P...Yeah Old Major Pete..is fricking old! He retired yet sticks around!!!!!

Or not tongue

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2018-10-01 06:29:58 PM

Lutea
Website

Lol! Take another look at the Roles and Jobs page wink https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Roles_and_Jobs

#5 2018-10-02 06:38:48 PM

oz

This has been done very well I think, its good smile. Now we just need some more hares smile

I hope someone decides to get the Guosim  and Camp Willow alive again that be awosome:) I know the Guosim  have been spoofed as they are around ICLY it just be neat to see them around as an active group as well, not just spoofed, also Camp Willow needs active again.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#6 2018-10-03 02:58:30 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

LINKSIES!!!!!

Thanks for posting these links, and for updating members lists and shtuff big_smile

Question: How does one +paste in a pmail?  Both of my emails have my name in them (I didn't learn that you were allowed to use addresses that didn't have your name in them until after I made both of mine ><), so I'd really rather not email you.  But I don't know how to do that pmail thing.  Halp? D:

(And no, I'm not going to make a 3rd one unless absolutely necessary.....and I guess I technically have a 3rd one, but my college email also has my name in it, and it would tell whoever received a message from it which college I'm going to and, hence, where I live, so that's also a no.  I'm not making another email unless I positively have to.  Nu D: )

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-10-03 03:11:25 PM)

#7 2018-10-03 03:09:17 PM

oz

I used the email link in the forums I know forums dont show the person who gets the mail....your email it just says from rwform posts or something like that and I labeled it my hares name

I play:

#8 2018-10-03 03:12:45 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

......but I have that form option open on my profile, so it might show my email D:  But I don't really know and I don't know who to test it with.  D:  But if that won't reveal my email, then I would be 100% happy to use that option!

(EDIT:  also, I just noticed that the email listed here https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Joining_the_Patrol! doesn't match the one listed on this forums post D: )

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-10-03 03:22:43 PM)

#9 2018-10-03 03:25:37 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Alternatively you can @create an object, use lsedit to fill out the questionnaire/set the list on the object, and p#mail the reference number of the object to Riley and Jinora. They can use 'look' to view it. 

Or use a site like pastebin and share the link to your paste.

#10 2018-10-03 03:40:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

How does one make an object?  I have not mastered that skill (although I can sort of do lsedit with a tutorial thing a friend made for me, so that's good).  Pastebin looks good....I may use that. big_smile  Thanks for sharing it!! smile

Also, someone on here once sent me an email through the forums, and that sent it to my gmail account.  On standard gmail or whatever, I couldn't find the person's email address, but under the standard html I use on this stupid slow laptop/wifi combination, I see it.  So there's that tongue

(EDIT: Now that I've gotten that out of the way and have come to a probable solution, I have followed all the linksies and agree with Oz that this has been done very well.  Thank you for organizing the OOC shtuff; it did need it, and now we can see who's actually active! smile Perhaps we need a rule that says something like, "If you haven't RPed as your hare in ____ months, you will be considered 'out on a mission' and will be transferred to the Ghost Patrol".... and with more activity over on the Western Shore, it'll be easier for me to RP as Felicity.  For a while it was just me and Rioko/Kate going on escapades and almost dying 40 times over tongue So more players will make that easier, hopefully....)

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-10-03 03:55:58 PM)

#11 2018-10-03 03:49:22 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

@create Questions=me=questions
lsedit $questions=desc
.del 1 999
IC name:
IC age:
Species: Hare
Position:
History:
Personality:
.end
@desc $questions={list:desc}
@mpi {ref:$questions}

The number given after -Result: can be used to view that object from anywhere on the MUCK.

#12 2018-10-03 03:57:18 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#13 2018-10-03 04:37:24 PM

Lutea
Website

Haha yeah I have an email that I only use for games and commissions for that reason! No worries, I'm happy to accept an object or a p #mail without formatting (I can add spaces and everything when I put it on the page). Thank you for pointing out the email inconsistency! I'll fix that right up; and thank you Aeysin for all your help and work, always! You are the best and we are not worthy.

Blisa, I also sent you a page about some LP matters with which we need a hand on Felicity - when you get a chance! big_smile

#14 2018-10-06 11:41:42 AM

LeeJ

None of the links appear to be working today.

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#15 2018-10-06 12:10:17 PM

Lutea
Website

I don't seem to be having that problem on my desktop or laptop. I'm using Google Chrome - maybe a browser-specific issue? If you can get on the main site, all of these are available under Groups --> The Long Patrol

#16 2018-10-06 12:45:24 PM

LeeJ

I don't know. I can't get them to work on my phone at all. I can't access a computer right now, so I guess that I'll just give up.

#17 2018-10-06 01:22:13 PM

LeeJ

It simply refuses to load. I've tried clearing my cache, clearing cookies. NOTHING makes it work. I HAVE USED IT ON A PHONE BEFORE. What gives?

#18 2018-10-06 02:41:05 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Hm. Lee, does it display any sort of error? Are you having problems accessing other sites w/ your phone today?

Board footer