Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-08 07:24:51 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Staying In The Treehouse

Who:

Kenya- almost a novice

Sinway- Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Where and when:

Tree house in Redwall Orchards and past dinner time...

Log:

Kenya is here, she been either sleeping or stareing at the wall or telling beasts to go away.

Sinway sighs making his way up to the tree house and poking his head in seeing if Kenya is still up here, and yup sure enough she is "Hello Kenya" He greets the otter has a sac holding it with his mouth in it is some bred cheese. he some how made it up the ladder with one paw, his other paw holds to mugs of strawberry cordial sits down close to Kenya and undoes the bag revealing the food "Evening lass." He greets keeping his tone neutral for now

Kenya stays where she is but does turn around to look at him and it looks like she has been crying.
Sinway offers a friendly and warm smile, his strong and warm eyes looking at her "Come on Kenya, lass ye got to eat somethin'" He breaks apart a piece of each, just a mouthful for the little otter lass and offers it

Kenya frowns, she last ate before dinner yesterday "Not..hungey..."She says quietly and rubs her eyes, which are a little sore right now. She sits up and folds her paws in her lap
Sinway shakes his head taking the two bites and eating them chewing slowly before talking again "That can't be true little one, I heard ye haven't eaten since yesterday, a full day ago." He doesn't move closer not yet, he just breaks off another piece of cheese and bread placing them on the ground in front of her before taking a sip of his strawberry cordial "Do ye want to tell me why ye be up here cryin' and not eatin'?

Kenya frowns, she is hungry but also upset, "Tis...not fair. Some others have...families, I don't no more cause...cause bad beasts...."She frowns.
Sinway shakes his head "Now what be this? Of course ye have a family, every one at Redwall be yer family." He takes another bite of food "I know yer mom and dad be gone, trust me Kenya I know how that feels, I lost me parents and clan when I was younger then ye....thanks to bad beast."

Kenya frowns "You,.....did?" She looks at the couple bites of food beside her and does pick one up."And...abbey beasts just...friends" Well least she is saying more than go away or not hungry. 
Sinway nods his head "Aye I did, and I would of been gone as well, had I not wiggled my way free and hid, but I still saw all of it." He frowns and then shakes his head again "Kenya, they be yer family, just because ye aren't related to them doesn't mean they can't be yer family." He reaches out and gives your head a warm pat "And I'm sure all the abbey beast think of ye as a member of there family as well." He breaks off some more cheese and bread for Kenya and sits them down in front of her

Kenya finally does eat some food and listens, she swallows and frowns"I..ran from..bad beasts when they hurt dad and..took mom and then..mom was...here...but"She sniffs remembering seeing her carried in and later finding out she died in the infirm.

Sinway pats his lap offering Kenya a place to sit, the otter has a warm and inviting look on his face "It be a horrible thing that happened Kenya, but at least ye have the abbey. I was alone wandering till I was well out of my dibbun seasons before I found the abbey."

Kenya just stays where she is, well she does get a little closer and sniffs a little, still sad "I....like the abbey, it's nice."She frowns "I ..told Papa Oz and..Abbot Benar to..go away and other beasts to goes away..they all probably mad at me"

Sinway grins just keeps his arms open not pushing the little one to do anything "No Kenya, no one is mad at ye, they all just be worried about ye, they all understand that ye are hurting..........I'm sorry I haven't been around fer ye, I got sick from overworking me self and lack of sleep, but im better now."

Kenya frowns"Your..okie now?" Yes she does sound concerned. She eats a little more and goes to take a sip of the cordial."Its nice up here...I sleep here last night"

Sinway nods his head "Yes I be better now, still a little tired though, so im taking a break from the wall tops for a few more days." He takes another sip of his drink offering the other mug to Kenya "It ain't safe fer ye to sleep up here alone right now Kenya, if ye feel like ye have to sleep up here, will ye allow some beast to be up here with ye?"

Kenya frowns and shrugs, she didn't last night, then last night she was very grumpy"Maybe..maybe I could go elsewhere like..dibbuns room but..don't like the dibbuns room"
inway finishes eating letting you have the rest of the food "Why don't ye like the dibbun room?"

Kenya sips a little of her drink and eats some more before replying"Not..a child" Well she sort of still is for now, " Better at..some things than others and they just mean..Atvi wanted to make the abbot's chair sticky so I told Papa Oz and Atvi got all mads at me"

Sinway shakes his head scooting a little closer to Kenya the otter feeling the need to comfort her, but only when she is ready "They aren't mean, it is meant in good fun." he then laughs some "Yer still a dibbun Kenya, ye got a few more seasons to be one, please don't grow up to fast like I had to."
"
Kenya smiles a little..briefly and then sighs."Wish all bad beasts go away and not hurt no ones else"

Sinway scoots closer now sitting right next to Kenya "I know little one, I wish so too."

Kenya and then goes to hug him crying a little more,"Least they can't...get in Redwall..." Then concern "Right?" I

Sinway hugs back picking her up and placing her on his lap holding her tight "I.....I can't promise that, its very unlikely, but there is still a chance." He frowns a little "But I'll do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen." The otter looks down at Kenya a warm smile on his face now "I have a question fer ye Kenya. I know I could never replace yer mom and dad, but I could take care of ye, would ye like me to adopt ye, so it feel like ye have a family again?"

Kenya seems to be thinking and frowns, worried."What ifs...if the bad beasts make you...never come back also. You get like..hurt bad"She trusts him and that shows but she also sounds worried and scared.

Sinway grins wider "Those bad guys couldn't handle me little one." His eyes burning with confidence "Trust me Kenya, I will always come back, we will defend Redwall till Xander gets back with the long patrol." He gives her a hug rubbing her back gently "They won't take me away from ye, I promise."

Kenya sniffs, she is still worried but then slowly nods."Ok.." She says softly as she calms down a little

Sinway nods and grins "I'll talk to Oz about adopting ye when I see him next, I'll make sure yer safe Kenya, ok?" He turns her around so that she is facing outwards and sitting down pulling the rest of her food and drink closer and his drink as well "Now then, as yer new papa I must ask that ye finish yer food, can ye do that fer me lass?"

Kenya manages a smile , a small one but it's there, she does go ahead and eat the rest of her food slowly, she sips her drink,"Maybe..all the hares will come soon." She hmms 'How they gonna know..which beasts may be...a friend, there was this fox last night and he had like all these colors on and he used really big words, he seemed....ok..I don't know I went into the tree house while he spoke to the abbot and Papa Oz"

Sinway smiles and nods "They will before ye know it, then our biggest problem will be feedin' a army of hares, next to that, those bad vermin are gonna look funny, as for knowing who be safe, well we just don't let any beast in we don't already fully trust, I don't know who this fox is ye be talking about though, I'll have to find out."

Kenya shrugs "He didn't...seem bad he just talked a lot"She frowns "He said something bad happen to..FER..umm...Ferra...the village up the road"

Sinway nods "Ferraville, ya something bad did happen, but don't worry I'll keep ye safe." He holds her close "If ye feel the need to sleep up here tonight, well then I'll just sleep up here as well." He yawns again seems he might not be fully recovered from being sick "I think I'll sleep some now infact." With her in his lap he scoots back so that he is leaning up against the wall of the tree house "G'night Kenya."

Kenya yawns, she smiles as she feels safe with him and so she falls asleep in his arms.

Board footer