Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-05 06:21:30 PM

Elmef

Re: Outline for Fate of Marek TP (Subject to Change if Necessary)

Benar will pitch a fit when he finds out DoraRose has sent the Abbey's bellringer to Willowbark, with Marek of all people.
He is so not going to be happy about that insanity

#27 2018-08-05 08:11:46 PM

The_Brony_Marek

I thought Benar forgave Marek a long time ago. If he hasn't already, it's my goal to cement that through the act of Marek's sacrifice.

#28 2018-08-06 10:25:25 AM

oz

I think he did.....anyways I think the plan now is to run into a small group of Willowbark beasts on their way to the abbey, not cause of them knowing whats going on no....they are heading to the abbey to seek some help themselves due to bad storm damage and will run into the group and FIND OUT ...oh hey Redwall is in trouble? Of course we will help! And its a small group anyways...Minsc, his son Chip, a couple other warriors and a couple odd beasts who tagged along.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#29 2018-08-06 10:26:56 AM

Karth Riverbark

Flea is one of those warriors...remember him, my shrew. I wont remake him I will just spoof him but he is a warrior :)And Karth's friend.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#30 2018-08-06 10:28:26 AM

Karth Riverbark

Maybe also one of those couple odd beasts that tagged along is a healer or maybe both are.

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#31 2018-08-06 01:53:38 PM

Elmef

Oh Benar forgave Marek

He just thinks it's moronic to send the Abbey's primary Bellringer to the other side of the continent when the abbey is in danger. Without even checking with him tongue

#32 2018-08-06 09:09:47 PM

Karth Riverbark

I vote they run into them....less of a trip and they wont have to go all that way, also saves time. The Willowbark beasts are on their way to the abbey as said.....so...the group to go to them runs into them and then head back to the abbey!

So trip wont be nearly as long as could of!

#33 2018-08-06 09:16:36 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Yeah....maybe meet like ...don't know...half way, that's what two weeks? cause its a little closer than the badger Mt. Heck Willowbark beasts could have a different way to get here if small beasts used like a large bird?Either way...is sort of cool they coming to abbey for help...find out the abbey needs help also and...they help abbey and see if abbey wants to help them afterwards

#34 2018-08-06 09:29:49 PM

oz

Sounds cool to run into Willowbark beasts.

Guess they will find

Flea
Minsc
Chip
1-2 Assorted beasts...one being an eagle and maybe a vole or shrew?

Hmmms....so all those are small as know Minsc and Chip are hamsters, and Flea is a shrew...another Shrew or vole on an eagle..that be so cool!! Let's do that!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#35 2018-08-07 02:08:59 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Oh, DoraRose is gonna tell Benar first.  And if he refuses to give her permission.....she'll sneak Lily out anyway without telling LilyMoore that the Abbot said for her to not leave.  (Also, they haven't left yet. This is still up and coming.)

However, in the RP where we finally met Ormaz, he threatened LilyMoore because she's friends with Marek ( here http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=696 is the set of 3 logs this is in...we had to do it over the course of 3 days x.x), and D.R. is still recovering from Leon's death, SO!  She is not acting like herself and is not thinking as clearly as she normally would be, and so she will figure that if she sends Lily away, they will have a greater chance to kill Ormaz before she comes back and thus eliminate any danger of Dora losing any more of her family.  Angela is old and has lived a long and full life, and Emyuil is a Warrior and knows the risks.  But LilyMoore?  Dora sees her as too innocent, too much like her sister.  She can't lose her daughter.  That will be her reasoning, that'd she'd tell Benar when the time came. 

So the Abbot would actually know.  Even if he didn't approve.

#36 2018-08-07 08:42:11 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

I hope Anglea sticks around she is a cool grumpy healer

#37 2018-08-09 07:45:08 AM

warrior_Otter_maid

On the subject of how they get in...the horde in the abbey. Grapping hooks on the wall and kill some NPC on the walls and then they just open the gates and...well go in but most  refugees and abbey beasts  ect. are inside and so have time to get somewhere safe and let others fight.

Another idea they free a slave , for the sole purpose of getting into the abbey and then...opening like a side door for them maybe?Why would a slave listen? Why the horde threatens the family of course

My insane Marten is sneaking in by letting a raven pick a lock on the side maybe, or thats the plan....as she needs to end up by the orchards and then a little later further inside.

I don't think the gates need messed up again, no need for that...this could happen very early in the morning maybe when wall guards are changeling shifts...or the fact cause of a siege they are just so tried they miss a couple climbing ropes......hmmmms....horde makes a tunnel, like in the Redwall book...what they could have a couple moles they have as slaves and told them do this and we will free you..course free means death...I think I may of found my insane martens way into the abbey! I like the idea of moles being forced to make a tunnel and then killed and the horde just comes in and while beasts are distracted other  horde beasts use the climbing ropes to get into the abbey so a little of both!

#38 2018-08-09 10:17:34 AM

Ximena

I say use the mole...they tunnel into the abbey, cause ormaz forced them too as hey I will kill ya dibbuns if you don't....so tunnel made ..ormaz kills the dibbuns anyways and the couple moles that made the tunnel...like oh Thank you, now die

Also the grappling hooks is cool too.

Maybe the insane marten can climb a tree and get to the back wall by the pond, just slice the throat of what ever beast on duty back there and she can quickly pick a lock  maybe to let others in

My hamster Ximena is a healer so she will be around, most likely at the camp the LP uses and helping them as other healers would be in redwall

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#39 2018-08-09 10:26:34 AM

Ximena

also maybe the willowbark beasts make it like within a week and a half away from the abbey....but got in some trouble and Marek and whomever is with him...saves them. Maybe those..painted ones think was called? http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Painted_Ones

Whos to say they don't live slightly down river..a small group of them and can be defeated again.

Last edited by Ximena (2018-08-09 10:26:51 AM)

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#40 2018-08-09 07:33:13 PM

oz

Ok some news, an update...since the Salamandstron group is getting to the Mt. first, and Willowbark is to be a 2 week trip there and back, yes they will meet Wilowbark at Willowbark Abbey as thats best. Yes Willowbark started to leave but they wont get too far some..problem or other, anyways........

The willowbark group will leave around first week of September, maybe last week of august as it depends.

The salamandstron group will arrive at the badger MT.  now around the 18TH OR 20TH August...but due to an attack by those assassins will end up staying at Salamandstron to recover, also there needs to be time to plan how many hares are going, how many are staying, not to mention a boat or maybe they are walking a slightly quicker walk path.

This way the Salamanstron group and the Willowbark group get back to the abbey at the same time, so BOTH are helping in the fight smile

Ok updateing Group gets to badger Mt...August  18-20TH....leaves sometime first week september.

Willowbark leaves for Willowbark end of august and gets there like 2nd week September

Both groups get to abbey and help it by end of September and End of September is when the TP ends

In Groups :

Wilowbark-Marek, Lilymoore, Patch, Rigel

Badger Mt.- Xander, Misu, Ximena, Zolomon, Rupert

Last edited by oz (2018-08-09 07:34:21 PM)

I play:

#41 2018-08-09 08:09:01 PM

The_Brony_Marek

I like the idea of an Evil Mole tunneling into the abbey.

Quade was absolute proof that not all woodlanders are good people.

Heck, Oak was proof of that too (although he was on Mossflower's side...kinda)

We can have lots of shenanigans happen at the abbey as well, stuff like Ormaz failing at attempts to get into the abbey, people narrowly avoiding capture

And Mergleton's creativity will spice up these shenigans. A rich eccentric fox with boundless resources working with what he brought and what the abbey has?

You're going to love what you get, I guarantee it.

#42 2018-08-10 12:20:32 AM

Ol'random
Website

SIEGE WEAPONS big_smile
and arrows.

The thing that wins sieges the most is time. Starve them out, or make the lives in the place being sieged miserable. Send flaming debris into the grounds, constantly pelt the abbey with rocks, or just keep shooting arrows into it. Even a week of constant bombardment is enough to drive people actually insane.

But if time's an issue, like it is...

Why not use more siege weapons?  Ballistas exist in Redwall, and in RL they predate the Roman Empire. A few trebuchets would be cool to see - not to mention the damage they can use by hurling things way up up above walls and stuff. Catapults are used for destroying walls, punching holes and stuff into them (Yes, even stone walls (and red sandstone, by the by, which mostly makes up the Abbey, is a soft rock, too...))

Now, I do hope by the time the abbey is broken into John's out of the running - some of the ideas that have been thrown about to break in can be countered by some one skilled and experienced in fighting, heck, even good patrolling and paying attention can stop an attack before it goes anywhere - there is a reason battlements are designed the way they are, and why most guards are in pairs. They don't need very many people to counter an attack - After all, a beast defending the wall top from a beast trying to climb up it only has to hit one thing with their weapon - be it stick, blade, or rock - is the head (HELMETS ARE KEWL ~ HELMETS SAVE LIVES), which just so happens to be the first thing to pop up when climbing... WHACK!

*And whack would be a fate shared by the poor beast who was responsible for mistake that lead to the break in - if John ever got his paws on them, of course (and provided they survived the ordeal)...*

...Also, IC'ly John's expressed how the Abbey should be locked down with the gates being guarded, even before he knew of a horde...
But after John's out, well, as far as I can tell, no one IC'ly has had much experience sieging, nor do I think the abby has any books on the art of sieging (unless I'm wrong - wouldn't surprise me the library is ancient after all.. xD)

Last edited by Ol'random (2018-08-10 12:37:55 AM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#43 2018-08-10 06:17:29 AM

The_Brony_Marek

A week of bombardment is enough to drive people insane huh?

What about Great Britain withstanding constant bombing by German Forces for 8 months during the early stages of World War II and that was BEFORE the United States got involved in the war. Great Britain was the last line of defense between Hitler and intercontinental domination and they held their feet in the ground and said "No, we won't stand for it!" and they won.

Siege Weapons are fair, but remember the abbey has been upgraded with metal gates ever since Marek's Super-Duper-Door-Buster (I can't remember of the top of my head what those things are actually called) obliterated the gates during his Invasion.

#44 2018-08-10 06:22:11 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Battering Ram, that's what I was thinking of. It was a Super-Duper Battering Ram.

#45 2018-08-10 07:47:04 AM

Karth Riverbark

This is supposed to start by the end of August right?
And random arrows at random times going into the abbey would be interesting. Maybe hit a couple of those wall guards, guess they are guards more like beasts helping to defend the walls, maybe one could almost hit one of the leaders, or does but its like in a shoulder or leg where not much damage would happen and they would still live

They would have to make sure no one was out on the grounds mainly like the entry for the most part and later maybe like the back walls.

Then again not sure what leaders may be on the wall tops....maybe Ormaz does one of those demand the abbot surrender and the abbot of course is like..duhhh no...so he has an archer shot at Benar  and either barely miss or maybe gets his shoulder or footpaw...and of course Ormaz can be all like peeved off he didn't kill him.

A battering ram to get in for final fight would be cool and while all attention is at the entry, maybe a small group can climb the back using those grabbing hooks, kill a couple guards on duty back there and...well get in.

#46 2018-08-10 07:53:39 AM

Karth Riverbark

We need to figure out when the slaves can be rescued from the Black Rose base...I mean most of the horde will be trying to get into Redwall. Even with the siege some beasts will be slipping out, like the group heading to Willowbark.....so some will have to slip out to rescue the slaves or some reason already be out..Karth or Vojin can help with the rescue, or both can help.

#47 2018-08-10 11:00:42 AM

Ol'random
Website

Who said anything about aiming for the gates with siege engines? wink

There's stuff in the late medieval period about people surrendering of battle fatigue during sieges, which is the most comparable to Redwall - but they are few and far between, and do tend to be after a year at least of being besieged.

(Now, the most blatant and extreme example of constant bombardment causing problems (to say the least) actually does have to do with WWII - or about 30 years or so before. While Britain during that war was under a constant bombardment, it was by Airplanes over miles - the ol' isle is pretty darn big - not a (relatively) small place like the Abbey.  The more comparable albeit (VERY) extreme example of bombardment driving people to the edge is WWI (which has been described by veterans as one giant siege); particularly the Western front during late 1914-16 before the idea of rotation and relief had really become an accepted idea. There are a disturbing number of accounts of people utterly losing it under the stress of being under constant fire (while there are a multitude of other factors that also went into it, that was one of major ones), and it's generally agreed that under the conditions no one would be unharmed after a few weeks. Of course that (WWI in general) is the most extreme (and honestly depressing) example of this, but, well, "War is Hell.")

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#48 2018-08-10 11:11:56 AM

oz

its not lasting a year, the siege...if starts by end of august will last about a month. There will likely be stress, that both sides have from all the fighting and trying to get into the abbey, the every so often arrows and maybe they hurt a beast and maybe they do not. Maybe when they first arrive a poor random guard gets killed with an arrow. There can be worry and fear, that add to the stress.

I also think the abbey can share some nice boiling hot oatmeal with the horde by pouring it  over the wall and on the horde beast heads smile.

I play:

#49 2018-08-10 06:14:07 PM

The_Brony_Marek

I like the idea of shooting at Benar, but I insist that the arrow misses.

The Ferravale Proceedings started with the massacre of 20 guards in a single volley.

The Redwall Proceedings should start with an utter failure to hit Benar and Ormaz taking his anger out on the archer tongue

#50 2018-08-11 10:38:58 AM

Karth Riverbark

I say the only ones that escape Ferravale are Blisa's main named body guards, then after the tavern..well is destroyed..Vojin,Marek and John can escape, my guess is Ormaz is abandaning Ferravale after loseing half of his group so be easier for the rest of Ferravale to take care of remaining  bad beasts that dont go ahead and head to Redwall, and like Nightbreath rallies who can still fight together and make plans to figure out how to help redwall....starting with freeing some slaves from the base maybe as I know final  fight is end of September so what is the plan for Ferravale after the tavern explodes....still some captives a little while?

Board footer