Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-28 09:58:50 PM

Ximena

Re: New Champion Of Redwall(Yes Otter approved..read on)

Made an Acct so can post sometimes......

I like hedgehogs. I think it would be a good idea. The champion is very important to be around. A girl would be nice as wasn't last couple male....let a girl have a turn at this.

Family- Yeah no family, she was adopted maybe and never knew them as I like the idea of being born at the abbey by beasts passing through. And the parents left the abbey but the mom may of died in childbirth and the father took care of her till she decided to leave as she crave adventure and her father was over protective. They lived far east maybe and she is starting to have dreams of going to the place of her birth and she knows that's Redwall or least her father, who is correct, says it is. But she did not know where Redwall was right away, and is just now after a season , finding it.

As for the LP...I could make a healer hare, I like healers ok

She would like pie, who does not like pie?

She has to have some dislikes though and it could be something funny like the color pink, and she is a girl,..she hates pink. Just an idea of a girl hateing pink is funny.

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#27 2018-06-29 02:22:10 PM

oz

Ok

Yes she was born at the abbey. But her mother and father were wanderers and only stopped at the abbey to give birth to her. After she was born they thanked the abbey but they had to be on their way.They stayed 1 week (7 days) and then went on to where ever they went. The seasons went by and she never had a brother or sister, an only child...maybe even a miracle child as her mother was told she could never birth a dibbun and yet here is out Female Hedgehog...unknown at the time she would one day become Champion of Redwall Abbey.She left her mother and father, the only family she has and went traveling on her own till one day....she has a dream of a armored warrior mouse...over and over again...and "Return to your place of birth" is mentioned and she is led....to Redwall Abbey.

Names for the Parents, as Oz would surely have it written down all dibbun births, even those that leave the abbey one day, even if that's very soon,...
Father:Leroy
Mother: Alice

And duhhhhh...hedgehogs tongue

SO we just need a name for her.Think a name may of been mentioned, don't remember....

(An interesting note...Alice and Leroy are my own parents names, sadly my parents are dead IRL so maybe this is a way to honor their names)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#28 2018-06-30 09:02:01 AM

warrior_Otter_maid

Makes me think of this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibNN2MrtjHM

#29 2018-06-30 12:56:55 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Pmail from Xander:

Xander wrote:

I for one support a new champion and we do need hedgehogs. And also yeah a female would be good, hopefully she be friends with  xander and the defenders.

~*~

I agree with Wanderer and Ol'Random: let's just sloooow down a little bit!  I suggest we wait until no earlier than the 5th of July before we count all the votes and definitively make this character.  There are some details that need to be hashed out, and some of those details probably need to be discussed with Otter, and I would like to make sure that EVERYONE gets a chance to have their say.  We can start voting now, but no decisions be made until the 5th, please?  While we do need a new Champion for this TP, we don't need her this quickly.  Can we please slow down some?  Please??  It doesn't need to be decided so fast!!!  Plus, just because someone says they like something doesn't mean they actually want it.  So let's give Elmef and Wanderer another chance to read everything and give us another response on here.  This isn't quite such an urgent need that it has to be made before the 4th of July!

As to a female Champion in the books:  I know there were a couple led by Martin's Spirit, but did they use the sword?  Well, maybe 1 did....I don't remember.  I'll let those of you who aren't on a (horrible but necessary) fast from rereading books to answer that question tongue

I do completely agree on a female Champion smile

As for being friends with Xander and the Defenders: I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be!  I also think it would be beneficial for RPs if she supported the treaty Redwall and Ferravale have.  smile  What do you guys think?

(Written before I read any newer posts.)

EDIT after reading newer posts:  Wasn't there a hedgehog named Alice on the MUCK at one point?  At least since I've joined?  May wanna check on that D:

Also, I know many girls who don't like pink, and a few boys for whom it is their favourite colour.  It seems normal to me O.o It would be a fun little detail, though, and be a challenge for me at least to run, so that'd be cool smile  And some people don't like specific foods for whatever reason; one of my friends dislikes cake.  So *shrugs* (And these are the kinds of details I would like to hash out before we make her, so that way there's less discord with developing her personality smile )

(Welcome to the forums, Ximena, and yeah, feel free to make a Long Patrol Healer!  Pmail me as DoraRose and Felicity once you've made your hare smile )

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-06-30 01:06:44 PM)

#30 2018-06-30 01:15:27 PM

oz

Hmmms....well,we can come up with some sort of names for her parents. She could be made like on the 5th and we try and figure out just HOW she shows up. I mean she doesn't have to wield Martins blade right away, that could come  a little while later into the TP.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#31 2018-06-30 01:48:39 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Ping wrote:

Not sure whom to page back....I dont want to make a forum acct so. Female...Hedgehog be good as there is 0 of those around. There is no champion around so that would be a very very welcomed sight.

~*~

You don't have to make a forums account if you don't want to, that's okay smile

Thanks for the input, everyone!  Keep it comin' smile

#32 2018-06-30 01:50:41 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

This is getting Long, but that's good as it means people are reading it and replying. I still say Female Hedgehog and seems a lot agree on that.

Did we have a name yet?

#33 2018-06-30 04:23:11 PM

Karth Riverbark

Well we need the blade-Duhh and only Otter can retrive that as I know there is an object for Martin the Warriors Blade/sword....Think was called ratdeath maybe? I don't know.

Otter has OKed the shared Char for the champion so that is good. And with that we can have a champion that will, well be around for role plays as well as this important TP. Waiting till July 5th is good. We can have her made then.

I like the idea she was born in the abbey but her parents only stayed a week, either way the birth would be in the abbey recorder logs or infirmary logs? I am sure the Master Healer keep records of births, deaths, illnesses, injuries ect and a copy could be in some desk or file in the infirmary as well as a place in the library as well.

The no other family but Mother and Father is good and the fact Mother and Father live far off(To the east maybe) and the only child thing, a miracle dibbun that's cool as if Martin maybe planed this seasons ago...who knows with Martin making sure things happen to led to other things.

Dislikes and Likes

Fears, Strengths and Weaknesses

All are good for a character to have, a weakness can be something like, with Karth for example..he doesnt like to show his feelings he sees it as making one weak. Though this would be a bad thing for the champion...maybe a weakness could be she has no friends yet.

ALso here is a good idea, why not a left pawed champion? Totally different! Be intresting to have skill of a left pawed sword beast.

So I still vote Hedgehog-Female

This will be very good to again have a champion around and yes she can be told of the peace treaty with Ferravale and Redwall, and know of The Mossflower Defenders. It could be if the abbey trusts this, so do I sort of thing.

Well there are more thoughts from me, good day.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#34 2018-07-01 08:13:14 AM

Ximena

I still like...love hedgehog and only child and being a miracle   she was born is cool!

I know my characters feelings on vermin. They leave her alone she leaves them alone, they do have to gain her trust and she will maybe have one as a friend but if they suddenly try and stab her...sorry friendship over and your a dead beast.

Likeing pie is good and dislikeing pink be funny. She could mention how her parents were so over protective of her but she is a very good fighter, then again...duhhh future champion. Also she knows how to treat some battle wounds and take a pulse, so yeah she knows some healing...she is no Master at Healing but that is  ok. She knows paw-to-paw also. She can cook fish very well, other things maybe not so well. She likes the outdoors. I think all this would be good for our champion.

Still need a name or was one picked?

What does Matilda mean?
Might, Power

Mathilda
Pronunciation    muh-TIL-dah
Gender    Female
Origin
Meaning    Mighty in battle
Other names
Related names    Matilde
Mathilda (sometimes spelled Matilda) is a female name, of Germanic Gothic derivation, derived from words corresponding to Old High German "maht" (meaning "might, strength") and "hild" (meaning "battle").

My Alts

#35 2018-07-01 08:15:10 AM

Ximena

Also,

She will want to make friends and once she has them be protective of them and very loyal to them. I like the idea of left pawed, few have that if any.

My Alts

#36 2018-07-01 07:09:53 PM

Elmef

Hello everyone,

Gosh it is so awesome to see everyone so excited about this!
As for my thoughts, I am happy with a female hedgehog as champion I think that'd be nice.

But I echo the sentiment that we don't need to rush. The current TP is going to be going on for awhile so we don't need the champion instantly.

As for the Sword. It does exist as an object but it is not 100% needed. We can request Otter recovers it and leave it on the Abbot as needed.

Overall I am loving the idea of the shared character. it has worked so well for the Abbot. I love to sign in and see pages from other players that they have been on as the Abbot. it is great smile

#37 2018-07-02 03:49:44 AM

Leon

even though I am no longer active I do read on here once in a while.

No not returning even as a new alt, sorry but I thought I leave my thoughts, if allowed still? Do they count?

Yes a shared character would be cool. I still think Brother Rafael should be a shared Character but guess he can stay spoofed, thats up to you all and his info is in http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=512

But this is about the new champion...I agree a female hedgehog for champion. They can like pie and knowing some healer skills would be good.

Maybe go ahead and make her on July5th, don't know. I mean could be some things she does before she becomes champion and she could even be in the abbey briefly, look up that info on her parents being at the abbey.Make a couple friends and then over say couple weeks start to feel more drawn towards something, she has no clue what but hey....Martin does. She finds out of threat, helps them...finds out who she is...champion of Redwall Abbey
This is all my thoughts

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#38 2018-07-02 01:26:19 PM

oz

All opinions count. I also like...still say...go for female Hedgehog. Oz may or may not remember a name of parents but would agree its in the records somewhere. Oz has Sister Ginny write down dibbuns at the abbey..weather they are there for life, a few seasons..few days..an hour or two maybe:P. He has beasts that help him keep records to write down seeing as he can't write since he is blind.

The abbey would have travels stop a while and go on their way and if someone came to the gates about to have a dibbun, of course they would offer aid and a place to stay for how ever long.

Vermin could call her pincushion...OH! And I think she should either dislike Patch or just be unsure of him, like ok I will listen to your info but can I really trust you that well?...Then again who totally truely likes Patch anyways:P

I play:

#39 2018-07-03 12:10:21 PM

Karth Riverbark

Yes know some healer skills, maybe not a lot but some basics. I mean we don't need a champion thats level headed in battle and then your injured and she panics, she has to be level headed then too and know how to help..pressure on wound, maybe a very rough and tightly bandaged till get to healer, keep one awake if needed.

And she needs to know how to swim

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#40 2018-07-04 03:25:32 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Healing skills are important and liking dibbuns is very important as well!!!!!

#41 2018-07-05 02:14:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Kishiko wrote:

Someone said they were looking for imput on a new shared Champion character. I think Female is good idea. I would be fine with a hedgehog as champion also as they are a good size and there is no hedgehogs  around. So first choice Hedgehog, if need a 2nd choice...shrew?. She could have mixed feelings on vermin species. She likes tea? She dislikes bees maybe. Sorry as don't have a lot of ideas.

(That's why I was wanting to wait until at least the 5th to make sure everyone had gotten their say; that had been sent to me 4 days ago.)

~*~

The Champion has been made!  She is a female hedgehog named Matilda, which, as Ximena showed above, basically means "Strength in Battle," which is perfect for a Warrior and a Champion!  She won't show up ICly for at least another week, though; there's no rush, after all smile  Benar (Elmef), Oz, and myself have her password, and I told Otter what it is, too, just in case he needs to log on as her for some reason.

So so far Matilda likes pie, is okay about cake but won't eat it if she has the choice, adores lightning bugs, dislikes pink, is a miracle baby, is a good fighter who knows some hand-to-hand, and knows some very basic Healer skills.  I like the idea of her being left-pawed; that'd be wicked cool big_smile

I still think we should have her parents be dead, although we can say that they had her late in life, and she took care of them in their old age, and they died in their sleep, together and holding paws, at the same time, after long and happy and healthy lives because of old age.  This will prevent anyone in the future making her parents as characters and trying to do the power-grab thing >< 

What do y'll think of saying she's from the Eastern shores? smile

I have written up her desc.  I used a photograph of a European hedgehog to describe her fur and spines.  She wears simple, forest coloured clothing.  She has a bracelet on her right paw (if she's left pawed); we can say that it was her mother's.  I also have her have a bastard sword; Martin's Sword is described on the MUCK as being a bastard sword, and it always kind of bothered me in the books when someone who either had no experience with weapons WHATSOEVER (Matthias, for example) or had experience with some weapon that wasn't even close to whatever type of sword Martin's is (I'm at a loss for an example, but I know there was at least 1 like that) picked up Martin's Sword and instantly knew how to use it perfectly!  That ALWAYS irked me.  I MUCH prefer it when the character at least had SOME idea of how to use the sword before they even saw it.  So I would like Matilda to have a bastard sword of her own and know how to use it well.  She is a Warrior, after all, and Warriors usually have weapons.  Should I add a sling and stone pouch?  If we decide she is from the Eastern shores, we can say that she has lots of practice fighting off dumb gulls tongue

We have one person saying she should like Dibbuns; I think that's a good idea, although maybe have her be nervous with tiny babies.  What do the rest of y'all think?

~*~

And please remember that if someone comes on and is angry about the new Champ, please have them email Otter.  If they won't, then stop talking to that person, no matter who they are or what they're saying, and email Otter yourself, even if that means you need to log off the MUCK until your email is sent.  That is NOT appropriate OOC behaviour, and whoever is being mean to and mad at you in that way needs to understand that.  And if it takes Otter yelling at them to make them understand that their behaviour is not okay, then so be it.  Nobody deserves to be treated that way.

Also, as Otter keeps telling me, let's just focus on RPing and having fun!  If someone doesn't like they way we're having fun, then they need to talk to Otter about it.  If they won't email him about it....then why are they making such a big deal in the first place?  (Rhetorical question. tongue )

#42 2018-07-05 02:28:38 PM

Karth Riverbark

I like the parents died and had her in much later seasons...died holding paws is a nice touch so they are dead and was not some horrible crime or horrible death...yes she was sad of course but they died of old age smile. Another reason her birth was such a surprise to happen smile

#43 2018-07-05 03:08:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Exactly smile

Oh!  And I was thinking it'd be cool for her to know how to play an instrument.  I have a mandolin IRL, and DoraRose and LilyMoore have their mandolins ICly, and D.R. is also learning how to play the fiddle.  I was thinking we could have Matilda know how to play those medieval pearbacked guitars big_smile

#44 2018-07-05 03:17:08 PM

oz

Yes died of old age and held paws. Parents dead but not a tragic death and maybe play something or sing well?

I play:

#45 2018-07-05 03:48:49 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Oh, also, I have her cloak be closed by a plain annular brooch.  For what those look like, whether or not they're period, and how to close them, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZDDyNbkik  It's a cool video, and a fun YouTuber.  Well, I think she's pretty fun, anyway xD

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-07-05 03:49:10 PM)

#46 2018-07-05 06:25:12 PM

oz

Parents names

Leroy-Dad

Clara-Mom

And as stared no other family

I play:

#47 2018-07-05 10:09:10 PM

Ximena

I like that idea....the hold paws and died in sleep, its peaceful and not a horrible death. Our champion could of found them that way one morning and, yes cried but knew hr parents loved each other very much, and her as well. She got help from a couple beasts in the area and gave them a lovely burial, said a few words and then was truly  on her own.

Yes have her show up here next week, maybe she helps prevent a beast from becoming a slave, maybe she needs help as she is slightly outnumbered but still proves she is a great fighter.  I also like maybe she is a little uneasy around newborns and is so-so around dibbuns, she likes them but to watch them...well, she may she isnt sure but she would for sure protect a dibbun.

My Alts

#48 2018-07-06 09:46:38 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Thats sweet, die of old age holding paws...peaceful like, still sad but peaceful. Dont know of anyone or least very few who's family died  peacefully

#49 2018-07-07 12:26:58 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The Champion is now desced! big_smile

I like the idea of her liking tea; many characters on here do, so that'd be something she has in common with some of her new friends.  And yes, I was thinking it'd be good to have her be in a battle when we first meet her ICly.  Great minds think alike, I guess <3 

Yeah, most people's family's die horribly.  I am guilty of that.  But Matilda's parents got a good, peaceful life and death, so that's an improvement!! big_smile

As for bees......we can say that she likes them for what they do, but she's mildly allergic to them, so she tries to avoid them.  How does that sound?  I would ask no anaphlaxis (throat swelling); I have that reaction to soy, and it could make me die, and in the Middle Ages, I'm not so sure they had something that they could give someone to make that stop happening, and I want Matilda to, y'know, not die D:

Please keep the ideas for what her personality could be coming! big_smile

This kind of collaboration is so much fun! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-07-07 12:29:43 PM)

#50 2018-07-07 09:25:29 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

I don't know...maybe a bee sting will just give her a rash *shrugs*...if a bee stings me in real life I go to the hospital so...I stay away from bees.She could still like honey though and flowers.

Left pawed!

Maybe she mutters some riddle and passes out one day when she looks at Martins Tapestry and no she can land on soft blankets or someone that can catch her is behind her, and she is fine just a bit dazed and is like..what ..happen.

New champion soon...lets make a pie!

Board footer