Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-18 04:40:09 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Chat About This And That, Important and Not so Important-Redwall Log

**This is long, fair warning *****

Where:
Redwall Abbey Cavern Hole

Why:
Just...cause

When: Afternoonish time

Who:

Misu-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Kenya-Dibbun thats growing up too fast

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Ferro- Blacksmith of Ferravale

Anatole-Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Some spoofed abbey beasts, and a badger cub

Log:
RW Abbey: Cavern Hole
-------------------------------------------------------------------- This room is slightly smaller than Great Hall, but still of a size large enough to accommodate a great number of gathered beasts. A large fireplace is set into one of the walls, and there are a series of small tables and chairs near one end for beasts who are eating late, or simply prefer the smaller tables for their meals. Cushions and blankets have been set in one corner. A short flight of steps leads up to Great Hall, and along the walls of the stairs, going both ways, the word 'Redwall' has been carved into the stone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Misu walks into the room and sits down, arms folded over her chest as she stares at the wall

Xander is relaxing when he sees her walk in and at fist says nothing and then is just curious "So....bad day?"

Misu looks over and just stares at the badger, in her monotone voice she finally speaks after a very long quietness "Very....it is hot out....and too many at the pond when its best to be on one's own"

Anatole makes his way into the room, his fur is a bit messed up and his outfit dirt covered as he coughs a little, he leans on a chair and lets out a whimper..."I..she....."He coughs as his throat is dry.

Xander frowns "Yeah....it is...Anatole?" He is up quickly and at his friend's side, "Misu could you please get a mug of water...Anatole you ok, what happen?"

Misu stands and does as she is asked as she is soon offering the otter a drink "One should not be in this weather too long"

Anatole takes the mug and drinks the water, slowly as he knows it may be unwise to drink it too quickly as he clears his now not so dry throat "Ta...Tassel..she is here...please?" He sounds concerned.

Xander helps his friend to a chair, "No...least I have not seen her, maybe she is at your den? Did she say she would be here?"

Misu just sits back down but listens, not saying anything yet.

Anatole frowns, he allows the help to a chair "I...no she didn't say just...just she be back and that was yesterday around lunch. I am worried, she..she is never out this long and at nightfall without telling me and its like...past lunch the next day"

Xander frowns "That...is odd and also its very rare to not see you two somewhere together." He is now concern, and for Anatole "You ok..where did you look?"

Misu says, "He most likely needs to not go out again.....fools go out in such hot weather"

Anatole frowns "I...headache....looked in woods, by creek, then here..."He looks at the other otter and then the floor as he sips more water."But..Tassel is out there...somewhere, what if she is hurt or...needs a healer?"

Xander says, "Then we try and find her. I could see if a sparrow could help...well maybe as they rarely come down, there is Silverwings maybe, she is not the best with directions but she knows to be careful and can find Tassel hopefully and report to someone to tell us or report back herself""

Misu asks, "You trust a bird with a bad sense of direction?"

Anatole looks between them and frowns, least he has cooled down but is still a little pale as he just sits there, "But....she....what if she is..."

Xander speaks "Don t say dead...its one thing I don't believe of anyone unless I see it for myself or it comes from a very VERY trusted source"

Misu just sighs a little, she just stays quiet then "If she is to be found...I shall help in this quest"

Anatole nods and lets his eyes close as its clear he is in some serious need of some sleep.

Xander goes to lift the otter up and carries him to the bunk room and then returns"Thoughts?"

Misu looks surprised "My..thoughts?" He is asking her..."It's clear...Tassel is missing, Anatole was not his annoying self....search party maybe, but the summer heat is bad, no beast would be doing much in this weather or...should really but this is important" Wow a lot of words for her, but when its important to speak she will.

Xander listens and nods "Your right....no one is out much and this likely happen yesterday most likely, hmmms..with the heat its possible a tracker could pick up a trail maybe, I..I don't know"

Misu says, "I still say fools go out in such weather...maybe we should of asked more on...ideas of where she could be"

Xander frowns "A..Slaver group might be around, not heard much for weeks now, not since a couple days after the feast, its been quiet and they could of moved out of the area and there was no reports that I know of ...of missing beasts, till now"

Misu says, "I will keep an eye out...for slavers and Tassel. What of that one rat?"

Xander tilts his head "Patch?.....He didn't say too much, but he did confirm its been a bit quiet lately, no trouble on the roads or woods....but now Tassel is missing....there was a couple hares killed few days ago, the two dibbuns are here at the abbey but I am not sure it has to do with Tassel missing or not, could be random events"

Misu shrugs "Maybe, maybe not. Robbers do show up at times.....vermin do slay woodlanders at times and then leave an area..maybe have Patch look around"

Xander nods "I...may do that....I have to go find Patch...maybe couple other Defenders see what I can find out and get beasts to keep an eye out for Tassel and...well start looking for her."

Misu stands "You will not leave" She gets a couple canteens with fresh water and gives them to the badger"Without these...good luck sir"

Xander at first stares at the otter and starts to speak, she then hands him the canteens and he nods with a smile "I will be careful, I am always careful....be back soon " He then heads off not planing on going to far in the heat.

---2-3 HOURS LATER--

Misu has been inside most of the day, it is hot outside after all and she seems to be just enjoying being inside for right now

Benar walks in from the kitchen, the abbot talking to the Sister walking beside him. They pause not to far from Misu and the squirrel nods his head, "I know it is expensive, but I would feel bad if we didn't have any in stock."

Misu glaces over but dosn't interrupt the talking, she is curious though but waits till it appears they are not as busy.

Ferro has been around the abbey grounds a couple days, he had started to head home but decided to wait till nightfall to head back. Most keep their distance from him for the most part.

Misu notices the monitor but just stays seated. Its not like it is too close to her so she could care less, but she does stay alert.

Benar turns at the sounds of footsteps and waves at the monitor lizard, "Oh hello there, it is Ferro isn't it? The lizard who helped fix up the forge? I haven't had the chance to say thank you in person yet," He moves over, holding out one hand, "We really are quite grateful for you putting it back in working order like you did."

Ferro nods "You are...welcome sssssssir." He then shakes the abbot's paw"I would be heading home....but ssssshall wait till ssssssundown, less....heat then"

Misu snorts "Fools go out today...unless its important, so....what is not in stock or low in stock that seems to cost so much?" Curious mainly.

Benar turns to look at Misu and quirks his tail at her query, "Just some spices, spices are always expensive and our next crop isn't due for months," He turns back to Ferro and smiles, "Good plan, it is much too warm out there right now. Where is your home if you do not mind me asking?"

Ferro says, "I am the Blackssssssmith in Ferravale...I..."He shrugs "Rarely leave...my daughter sssssems to think I need more....sssssocial time"He seems unsure of that."

Misu nods "Maybe someone could...get the spices, with a list of course....the market or..Ferravale" She has been to Ferravale its not..well too bad anyways.

Benar says, "Well our friends from Ferravale are always welcome here, and thank you again for your help" He nods to Misu, "Sister Clementine is heading up to get them from the Market."

Ferro nods, "Maybe.....I sssshall visit, more...often....maybe”

Misu shrugs "Well....hope she brough canteen of water on her trip and is careful."

Benar says, "Oh she isn't leaving until later, don't worry about that Misu, though this weather is unseasonably warm, I do hope we get a break in the weather soon for some rain or even wind." He nods to Ferro, "You would be more then welcome"

Ferro says, "Rain could be...welcome not toooo much rain though. "He decides to find a place to sit down, "I...know ssssssome are...unssssure of me here...ssssome ssssem ok with me here, others are not"

Misu nods again and looks at the lizard "I am fine....then you are a monitor some fear that."She says in a calm tone

Benar smiles and moves to settle down in a chair as well, "Well Ferro I think you are fantastic, it is so nice to see another monitor lizard. But then my adopted son is a Lizard." He nods at Misu's words, "Indeed sadly some of our friends and woodlanders fear lizards, but I always try to take the time to get to know everyone"

Ferro says, "You...adopted a monitor?" He is a little surprised, then again he adopted a woodlander so..."Interesting...and they sssshould not fear...I....am a Vegetarian..." Yeah that's for sure different.

Misu says, "Oh."Ok that's....neat as she just stares and then shrugs "Nice...suppose."

Benar asks, "Nice? Come now Misu that is miraculous," He smiles softly, "Most Monitors and I mean no offense Ferro, they are wild beasts, barely better then savages. And indeed I have adopted many children directly throughout the years but my oldest boy is a monitor."

Ferro nods "My....tribe wassss...ssssavage ssssso I left it...freed a couple beastssssss" He frowns "Ssssssadly they were...hunted down.....but I managed to sssave the child they had.....the mother trusted me....it wassss hard but..I learned and keep her safe, even when the tribe caught up sssseasons later...my tribe has been...ssslain and is..no more now"

Misu has heard this story told or small part of it as she listens. "I...heard this before...not the whole story though."

Benar says, "That is very sad Ferro," He reaches out and places a hand on his arm, "Even if your tribe where... savage it is still sad they had to b slain to stop their menace. I only wish more beasts could learn to live in peace"

Ferro nods as he is sadden but "It....had to be done. They were...dangerousssss....they had my daughter captive fer half a ssseason." He glaces at the otter "Mosssst likely...ssssshe is grown now, and hasss found a mate and has her own..child now." He sighs "Peace..issss good and hopefully will lassssst"

Misu frowns but says nothing for a while "Yeah...peace is good....wait" She remembers seeing him with a dibbun briefly..."That's why the cub the other day did not....fear you"

Benar smiles quietly, "Some cubs just love monitors, I remember as a child I loved monitors, they where good fun to hang around with." He smiles at Ferro, "Sounds like your family is good fun"

Ferro tilts his head "Good...fun?" He chuckles a little "I am...unsssssure how ssssome would ssssem that way, most would likely eat you than say hello"

Misu shivers a little "Yeah...he has a point"

Xander walks in slowly, he was out for a little while and seems to have come back just in time for what ever talk this is, as well as trying to calm a wailing badger cub "Northstar....please..."He frowns, why did he volunteer to tend to her for a couple hours."Who eat......wot?"

Benar says, "Maybe so, but I have met woodlanders in my time who where worse then any vermin you would ever meet... so all types of creatures exist..." He stops as Xander walks in and winches, "Oh dear... here Xander, hand her to me," he holds out his arms, "Let me see if i can quiet her down."

Ferro looks up as he hears the dibbun cry, "Greetingsssss Xander...."Isn't she usually with "Where is Krisha?"

Misu says, "Hello sir....all is well"

Xander nods to Misu  and Benar, "I...sure" If the abbot can help sure, Northstar is moody right now, a little quieter but still crying some. He turns to Ferro.
"Don't worry she is fine, just busy with some chores and helping with the dibbuns today is all."

Benar chuckles and takes the little badger, bouncing her up and down on his lap gently, rocking her back and forth a bit, "Shh little one, calm down for us ok? Nothing to worry about here is all good"

Ferro nods and relaxes , "That issss good."

Misu frowns "Dibbuns are loud....and that's just one, how does any one handle like...more?"

Xander frowns "Uncle Oz is good at it...and Krisha will be in charge of them.....well one day, hopefully far into the future." The badger cub calms a little and whimpers, she chews on a sleeve a little, lucky no teeth....yet anyways. Xander sits close by"And me and Krisha only have one child...Northstar"

Benar hums softly, a lullaby his mother used to sing to him, quietly crooning the melody in his soft voice to the little badger. Listening to the others talk for now.

Ferro starts to smile and thinks better of it, he is a bit creepy when he smiles " Try....alwayssssss going place to place fer ssssseasons with a dibbun" Then he had his reasons at the time.

Misu just watches "No thanks" Yes dibbuns are not something she is a fan of.

Xander watches Northstar whimper and wail once, then calm again as she starts to drift to sleep and smiles "Dibbuns seem to like Benar" He says quietly and smiles at Ferro "You....did good."

Misu raises an eyebrow as she looks between Xander and the monitor "Wait......" It seems to dawn on her as she looks at Ferro "Your...you adopted Krisha..didn't you?"

Benar hums quietly and leans back in his chair, gently rocking Northstar back and forth, he just grins over at Xander, "I always wondered when Krisha would settle down and decide she wished to walk in Oz's footsteps one day."

Ferro watches Benar closely and then looks over at the otter and simply nods, then glaces back at Northstar and Benar quietly. He stands slowly "I am going to ressssst....then head home sssssOon afterwards" He leaves the room quietly to find some cool place to rest and then once sundown is upon them he shall head home.

Xander nods "Just so its not...too soon. I want Uncle Oz to be around for some more seasons" He smiles "Guess the abbot can calm dibbuns as well....not sure why she been extra grumpy past few days"

Misu watches the monitor leave the room and looks at the sleeping dibbun "I like dibbuns when they are quiet....and that young they cry at anything"

Benar says, "I just have the knack," He says quietly, "and indeed I am sure Oz will be with us for seasons to come, he is not that old... for a badger."

Xander nods "Yeah I mean.......Uncle Zee..."He is quiet and then finishes "Lot older....anyways I know there was a badger that lived like threw 4 abbots and abbesses?"

Misu listens "4 leaders....wow and who is Zee, not meet him before"

Benar smiles quietly and leans back, "Oh yes, badgers live for seasons, i try not to count how many Abbots a badger lives through."

Xander chuckles and sighs a little "I know...some don't live long....guess depends on where live or....if decide to be a warrior or not a warrior" He is quiet and speaks "Uncle Zee stayed in Ferravale a lot....I have his cabin now, not that me and Krisha really...stay in it much."He speaks quietly but smiles a little "He was a warrior.....I had a grandfather that was a warrior...then stepped down due to some things and became a brother in the order and was the Blacksmith here till he...died one autumn"He sighs “Unclke Zee...died last winter season”

Misu says, "Warriors in the family hmmm....or mostly seems. Let me guess...helped you somewhat to learn warrior way and all that" She adds “Sorry for....loss of life of family, family is important to all”

Benar says, "Being a warrior, or a soldier is a choice Xander, as much as being a brother or a farmer or a carpenter. No matter what anyone says or claims to know you can choose to be anything you want in life."

Xander nods, the badger cub stirs a little but only yawns as Xander smiles "I...know, and I want to be a warrior. I know to be careful and when its unwise to fight. A...couple beasts helped me learn to fight, one...I cant say was the best teacher sadly but..still learned some things from them. The blade I have has been passed down and has stayed in the Winters clan , who knows maybe one day I will pass it down to another"

Misu says, "Keeping something in the family is important yes"

Benar says, "I find in my experience things will always end up where they need to be, the world will see to that, sometimes with a little bit of guidance from beyond"

Xander nods and watches as Northstar falls asleep again and speaks " I am just glad its been..well fairly quiet. That could be good.....or bad."

Misu says, "Lets hope good....like when Anatole mentioned he couldn't find Tassel, lets just hope she is just elsewhere maybe just staying out of the summer sun....as said fools go out it this weather, rather see rain pouring that burning hot sunshine, sunshine is good yes...but less burning"

Benar says, "Well I am sure Tassel is fine Misu, nothing to worry about they'll be back home soon I am sure"

Xander says, "As told Anatole...I will keep an eye out and have other Defenders do as well but yes it is hot today, some abbey beasts are at the pond I think unless its too hot for that also."

Misu nods "Yeah...pond is fine, at times if not a lot of beasts are there. I like the river myself" Then she is an otter.

Benar says, "There are indeed quite a lot of people out by the pond it is a favorite in weather like this. I am not much for swimming myself, my tail drags me down, so i tend to stay inside"

Xander says, "I swim...some, I am not the best swimmer but I am better than I was and getting better. Its a good skill to have"

Misu grins "Us otters are the best swimmers in Mossflower. I have even swimed in the sea"

Benar smiles quietly, "Now that I have done, once, long, long ago when i was very young I swam in the sea myself... on Sampetra island far from here."

Xander says, "I...don't like the sea...bad storms, well at times I know not all the time but they happen."

Misu shrugs "Storms happen all over but yeah...out on sea, on a boat during a fairly bad storm is likely not fun, boats do crash”

Benar says, "Nothing is worse then a storm at sea... yes that is unpleasant, me I prefer trees,"

Kenya walks into the room and its down. She looks tried but is in a fairly good mood still.

Xander smiles "There is a tall oak tree in the woods not far from here..."

Misu shrugs "Your a squirrel.....so tall oaks, trees are ok for ones who like to climb them."

Benar says, "Any tree is good in my book," He smiles quietly, "I do love a good tree climb or pottery this is also good fun"

Kenya looks over "Trees are nice.....they should fix a tree house in the orchards, there use to be one but its all....messed up now"

Xander says, "I climb trees...well sometimes, good lookout places and did it a lot when was a dibbun."

Misu says, "A tree climbing badger...neat. "She glaces at the dibbun otter and frowns slightly "Hi..."

Benar says, "Anyway my friends," He stands up slowly, careful not to wake up the baby, "I shall go pop Northstar down then I have a council meeting to attend. So I will see you all later"

Xander nods "Talk later then Benar"

Kenya makes a face "Meetings sound boring"

Misu shakes her head, and then waves to the abbot as she seems to debate on staying in the room or not.

Xander yawns as he is tried, he may just tale a nap in the large chair....hopefully no one comes by needing it for a couple hours.

Kenya just looks over at the other otter and sticks out her tongue.

Misu snorts and stands muttering about dibbuns and how she will never EVER EVER have one or adopt one....like EVER. Then she leaves the room for the quiet of the library, the one room she knows by law has to be quiet.

Last edited by warrior_Otter_maid (2018-06-18 04:40:57 PM)

Board footer