Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-15 09:36:09 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Modern Mossflower (OOC RP)

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=647

I recently saw this log post by Karth and it gave me a great idea. Perhaps we should expand upon the whole Modern Mossflower thing and see what we could do with it.

Marek still as the Owner of the Ferravale Tavern and of course the Mossflower Defenders still exist. I propose using this log as a basis for future roleplay, creating a seperate OOC universe for RP, this way if characters die in future TPs, they can still be used in this OOC storyline.

Suggested RP:
1. Marek tries to adjust to modern technology. While much younger physically, Marek is roughly 75-80 years old chornologically, at least by more human standards which we should probably be using in this case, and it would make sense for him to be a little behind on the times. Marek enjoys Netflix (who doesn't) and has a smartphone, but doesn't really know how to use it that well.

That's all I really have so far, but judging by what you guys have come up with so far, I'm sure you can come up with other stuff.

#2 2018-04-16 05:43:23 AM

oz

Re: Modern Mossflower (OOC RP)

It was cool....I think Redwall would have like a hospital by then and the Master Healer would just be the main doctor. The abbot would have an office and like secret service beast follow him around with sunglasses and he most likely would have his own special car, maybe like the one the pope has. There would still be a Friar and Gatekeeper and of course Champion, the Chapion would be the main one in charge of security.

Salamandastron would be like a giant military Base with ships and planes.Halyard would be a large port city.

Ferravale would be like a decent size trading city, most likely with some trade along the river.

Not sure what else would be around by 2018 in Redwall World. But for sure Starbucks!!!!!!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2018-04-16 06:51:33 AM

warrior_Otter_maid

Yes! Starbucks and some sort of, maybe not in Ferravale but near Black Gull....a KFC sort f place but it's wood pigeon not chicken. Vermin mainly would go here.

I think there would still be Mossflower Woods cause it was important, but maybe a few less trees like past Ferravale as it would be bigger. They would still have birds for messengers but not sure on planes..maybe planes. The dirt raod could have like wagons  or cars like in 1950s?..I don't know. I remember the Avatar cartoon where the first series had  like no cars and the 2nd series did..I know I know this is Redwall!

Anyways..another thing Camp Willow would be a like Sea Base for Otters and a defense place to stop attacks into Mossflower, and the badger Mt. for the sea part.

I think this OOC thing would be fun to do sometimes.....no ideas for the here and now IC...well then maybe do this OOC its 2018 instead Redwall!...I am all for it with Misu, Kenya and my evil Kakarauri.

#4 2018-04-16 08:31:40 AM

Karth Riverbark

Cool! It was a fun and different role play. OOC role plays can be fun....now they do still need to ICLY get some hot root for the abbey. But least that will be much easier than the OOC version, hee hee.

And Starbucks is LIFE.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#5 2018-04-24 03:56:45 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Bandit and I had actually started a modern-day OOC RP arc:
https://www.rwmuck.org/archive/content/ … es-rp.html
https://www.rwmuck.org/archive/content/ … ng-rp.html
https://www.rwmuck.org/archive/content/ … -day-.html
And I tried to get others to join us, but no one seemed interested.  I have yet to read Karth's OOC log (or any logs today, for that matter), but I would be totally cool with us making this into an actual ongoing RP thing (so long as we keep doing IC RPs, of course).

#6 2018-05-10 03:01:50 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Also, would Scioto still be alive?  That dictates whether or not Blisa is Chieftain.

I think it might be a good idea to not use actual trademarked things unless they're from Redwall.  Just to be on the safe side.  But that's just me smile

#7 2018-05-10 05:15:32 PM

oz

I think he would still be dead.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#8 2018-05-10 05:56:02 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Okay!  Then whenever I do the profiles of my characters here http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=652 I'll list Blisa's occupation as Ferravale Chieftain smile

OH!  Another thought:  i think we need to avoid bringing in religious stuff, and political things, including gun/weapons rights.  There are very many differing opinions with this, and most people feel very strongly.  So I think it might be best with like security/who can take weapons where that we stick with what we use in IC RPs and not go any farther than that, just to try and avoid fights about it.  sad

$0.02

#9 2018-05-10 07:02:04 PM

Karth Riverbark

Idea was what if it was 2018 not like whatever...late 1500s...I think having swords ect is still good. What do you mean by trade marketed items?

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#10 2018-05-12 12:24:48 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I mean like Starbucks, Walmart, Microsoft, Google, etc.  Sorry, I'm not good at explaining what I mean. sad

And I would appreciate not having guns.  So it'd be like a mix of 2018 and the Middle Ages?  That'd be cool; like steampunk, kinda.  I like that idea big_smile  Would be including MUCK versions of our conflicts, like World War 2 and the Korean War?

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-05-12 12:34:02 PM)

#11 2018-05-12 07:23:26 PM

Karth Riverbark

maybe just forget it....was just some random thing out of boredom anyways...

#12 2018-05-17 12:53:16 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I'm sorry if I seemed to be trying to shoot down your idea; I just didn't want any of my friends getting into fights and never being friends again.  And I was also wanting to try and keep us from getting in trouble with anyone.

I think it's a great idea, really, and I would love to do these RPs.  I'm sorry that I seemed to think it was bad. 

Did you have any ideas for them that you haven't mentioned yet?

#13 2018-05-17 01:32:51 PM

Karth Riverbark

I don't know...and Redwall is based on the world the author of the series created. But I am sure they would slowly update things as its sort of, I think, like late 1400s early 1500s....so if was 500 years or more into the future I am SURE they would have like a hospital, would have shots to prevent diseases. So I dont think wars like from REAL LIFE would be mentioend or would of happen. Now there could of been some big bad thing like black death or a very bad flu one time. Maybe mention some large war of some sort.

And maybe sometime there could be another what if Redwall wa around in 2018 role play could happen

Board footer