Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-30 07:00:23 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Finding Furyblazor-Defenders log

This ICLY happen 12-28-16

Quade walks along with the others, "This was where I was when I camped out that night so there has to be clues somewhere"

Marek looks around "Well Mr. Quade perhaps you need to learn to pay more attention to your surroundings."   

DoraRose is here, too, wearing her black travel outfit, with the addition of her mottled green-grey-brown cloak, dark green scarf, brown hat, and black mittens. Oh, and a black sweater. It's cold, okay! "Yeah, keeping track of your surroundings is kinda vital." How did he survive his trip? She refrains from asking. Hefting her axe, she looks around, tugging her cloak closer around her, covering up her bastard sword as she keeps watch.   

Quade frowns, he glances around again as he studies an area near a tree stump, some weeds and maybe a hint of brownish fur, he mutters "Nothing helpful...wait whats this?" He finds an ale bottle “Well guess the thieves had a little drink before they left my campsite or had the ale with them maybe."   

Marek walks over to look at the empty bottle, "This has been something in the tavern, but not many drink it at all." He hmms "Fire and Ice...I may know someone who may know something, granted the beast is hard to find."   

Patch was close to the area, limping slightly he has made a trip to his tree, and a couple other places for some supplies. His side is bandaged but at least it's healing, he slows and climbs into a tree when he hears voices and looks down at the gathered beast with a frown.   

DoraRose just keeps watch. She's good at that, and she still doesn't trust the stoat, so she just let them look around for clues. "Anything would be helpful....even fur or dried blood." Suddenly her head whips around. She thinks she may have heard something. Blue eyes dart back and forth, she searches the woodlands, and then she looks up....   

Quade nods "Well then whom is this beast as the faster my blade is recovered the better. I dislike using daggers but have and so far have been fairly lucky. But the blade is important as its history is of hope"   

Marek listens to the squirrel, least somewhat as the squirrel has told of the blade a lot, "Yes Mr. Quade, so I heard and this beast is named Patch.."   

Patch backs up and ice on a branch causes him to about fall as he yelps in surprise and manages to grab ahold of the branch and prevent himself from falling onto the mouse maid, he looks down at her and then the others "Umm....yeah this tree has ice go figure"

"We have company," Dora growls, then, stalking over to the foot of the tree, she points to the ground. "Get down here right now, rat! Why were you spying on us?" Don't argue with or lie to the Warrior carrying a ginormous axe, people. She is fully capable and willing to use it. Don't make her mad.   

Quade draws forth his daggers, "Who are you rat? Do you know of anything of my missing blade Furyblazer?"   

Marek starts to draw his own blade and then face palms as he knows that voice and walks over "It would be most advisable to listen to Ms. Dorarose Mr. Patch and come down where you can be better seen"   

Patch very carefully, and slowly he gets out the tree, "If it's about stripy, I was more hurt than he was...I mean good grief, but hey he helped me and I helped him, in fact helping now as went to find some special supplies for our hike"   

DoraRose hefts her axe. "Who is 'stripey'? What on Earth are you talking about....Patch?" Shaking her head, she moves a little to the side; hopefully Marek will help her keep the rat from running away. "And you still haven't answered my question of why you were spying on us."

Meanwhile...elsewhere but close. A certain beast was left behind and out of the scene to make sure no one was sneaking up on them for an ambush. This beast was so cunning and so stealthy that no one could find her in the forest around the ruins!   

That was because Brookshire wasn't even there! She was back a ways, guarding the supplies and making sure no one would make off with their food. By keeping it safely locked away in her swollen gullet. The ferret hiccups and giggles before stretching herself across the now empty pack of supplies like one does a pillow. "Maybe I should check in on them..." She thinks, "Nah, they'll be fine."   

Quade narrows his eyes at the rat "Yes led who into a fight...wait Patch is your name?" He walks closer "That means you may know whom stole my blade, and who drinks this" He holds up the ale bottle of fire and ice "It’s best to speak quickly before I lose my patience"

Marek folds his arms over his chest as he looks at Patch, “Let me guess a badger?" He shakes his head, he knows of few badgers that can fight well, then again are there any that fight well around here as he frowns, "Which badger?"   

Patch backs up against a tree, he then looks at the bottle "Umm....oh! I know who drinks this, it’s a group of weasels...4 of em', lot less dangerous than what me and...umm the badger cub found, but hey he is fine at the abbey now"   

DoraRose sighs and looks at the sky. "WHO WAS THE BADGER?" she says loudly and firmly. She bes grumpy. Also, she has been gone from the Abbey for 2 days, and the day before that was full of her packing to get ready for her trip (and Brookie is possibly DEAD MEAT if she ate Dora's special cookies), so she's a bit out of the loop on some things. "And how do you know that they stole his sword, hmm?"   

Oh, the ferret so totally ate those cookies. They were the first thing Brookshire to be shoveled down her greedy gullet, followed by the cheeses, apples, breads. Sprawled out on the ground Brook manages to lean up on one elbow, patting her bloated middle with a soft sigh, "Brookie...I think you may have a problem." She says to herself.   

Quade keeps his calm as he listens “Well?"   

It's been life as usual within the ranks of the 67th...which basically consisted of sitting around in the den, eating, training, playing cards, and the occasional patrol outside of the grounds surrounding the HQ. Nothing of note had happened recently, and so at this point the daily patrol was more of a stroll around the grounds than anything else. The tall, rather intimidating-looking hare known as Dominik trudges slowly down the path, sword sheathed upon his back, his eyes wandering the surroundings as he hums a familiar tune to himself. He kicks at a stone that lies there before him on the path, watching as it skitters away into the underbrush. He watches it with a disinterested stare, then gives a shrug of his broad shoulders as he continues on his way in the direction of the church grounds.   

Patch frowns “Well ya see...I spy tis my job lady..."He then answers "I can show you, follow me" He goes to led them to a campsite, and yes there is the 4 weasels, "See....and fine the badger is named Xander...ya happy?" He then smirks "I should go, I show the camp and should really get back ta me friend" The small vermin camp is not too far from the church, he also looks ready to walk away, if he can that is.

DoraRose goes to grab the rat's arm. "You led Xander into a fight?!" She is temporarily distracted now by this revelation. "How dare you....how can we know that he can be trusted?" She demands of the stoat. "Oh, wait.....grr, how can we know he can be trusted?" She asks the squirrel, although it's not clear if she's talking about Marek or Patch or both. Her voice is low, of course, since they're so close to the enemy campsite, but she still sounds kind of urgent. Er, more like grumpy. "And who hired you to spy?" She's a very suspicious little person.   

The ferret slowly rolls onto her feet, she stretches out the kinks in her back. "Alright, time to at least pretend I'm doing my job. They couldn't have gone too far could t-" Brookshire lets out a terrified meep as the long patrol hare merely appears in her vision, less than 20 yards away. She panics, tripping over her own tail and landing into the empty sacks of food with a loud oof.   

Quade looks through the tall weeds and snorts "These 4 have Furyblazor? Well not for much longer they do not, we shall get it back" He arches an eyebrow at the mouse maid when she mentions trust issues "I assure you, you can trust me lass"   

Marek looks between Patch and Dorarose "I do not think Mr. Patch is someone to worry on, or least worry much and he did seem to find the vermin responsible for stealing Mr. Quade's blade"   

Dominik's attention is immediately caught by the loud 'meep' the ferret gives off, and he quickly goes into Patrol Mode. Being that Brookshire is so close, her actions are caught out of the corner of his eye, and the hare swiftly steps towards the commotion. Soon, Brook can see a large hare towering over her, an icy glare on his already stony features, a large paw resting back on the hilt of the sword on his back, ready to draw. "Slinkback better have good reason vy is tresspass near church ground...." his heavily accented voice booms down at her. His eyes look over the scene carefully as he attempts to piece together what exactly happened here.   

Patch frowns "I...hey ya see here lady, I needed my stuff back and needed help, so he helped me...." Yeah in more ways than he thought "And he lived...so did I..." He frowns at a voice, yeah this could draw attention to the 4 weasels....oops too late as Patch goes to make a mad dash away but Dorarose gets his arm. Patch yells out , "Hey let go fuzzy!" Yeah that double did it attention drawn as Patch frowns "This is not good"   

"Fuzzy yourself.....oh, snap." DoraRose had been being quiet, but it may still be partly her fault that the weasels have come over here. Releasing the rat, she readies her axe and goes to hide behind the nearest tree to regain what little surprise they have left...

Meanwhile, back at their camp, Brookshire is having her own troubles. She sits up, a nervous smile on her face. Long patrol, here? Oh the madness! She can only imagine what would happen if she told the hare she belonged to an armed mercenary group dedicated to protecting the woods. He would probably laugh and then stab her in the guts, or laugh while she is stabbed in the guts. "Oh, uh...was this YOUR land? My bad. I was passing through when some...uh, I came back to my camp to find some rats had made off with all my supplies. Dirty varments they are. But as the saying goes, no harm, no foul. I'll just be on my way." The ferret struggles to get up before trying to simply walk away from the hare.   

Quade goes to watch the weasels, one gets a little too close and a dagger is suddenly in the weasels back. So now it’s down to 3 weasels who clearly know beasts are here and the leader speaks "We has company....let us finish this company off shall we"   

Marek stays close to the others as he studies where the last 3 weasels are, he draws his longsword and tries to slip behind one of the weasels.   

Patch is in no way fighting and climbs a tree, he has seen enough fighting "Time to get back ta stripy" He leaves the area as fast as he can, he is not sticking around.   

Dominik most certainly doesn't seem to be in a laughing mood, judging by his stony expression, his ears standing upright, his icy eyes staring holes through Brookshire. He may not be the most intelligent hare in the Patrol, but he's also most definitely NOT stupid. His paw strays away from his sword handle, as he reaches down to grab the ferret by her scruff. If successful, he lifts her up to eye level (which is quite a long way off the ground), and just -glares- at her. "Is not good at lies," he finally replies, his voice flat and deadly serious. "Think of better reason. I give you five second. Start...now..."   

DoraRose stays silent behind her tree, waiting for a weasel to come into her line of sight so she can attack. Flipping off her hood, she yanks off her hat and stuffs it in a pocket. Twisting her ears about, she listens, waiting for the enemy to come within sight.....   

The ferret let's out a nervous 'meep' as she is easily lifted from her feet. "A-heh-heh." She chuckles. "Well sir, it's a very funning story really, you see..." and then Brookshire goes to kick the hare where even vermin cringe to kick a beast. Dishonorable? Maybe. Could it be effective in getting the hare to drop her so she can run away? Oh Brook hopes so.

Quade is too concern with anything else but where the weasels are, he then he charges at one weasel that went away from the others and stabs him in the chest with 2 daggers as he glares "That’s for stealing Furyblazor ya scum" Now there is 2 weasels left   

Marek scans the area, he sees one weasel but not the other and he scans the area quickly and catches sight of the other close to..."Ms. Dorarose behind you!" The weasel is within feet of the mouse maid.   

Dominik grips the ferret by her scruff, glaring at her still as he waits to listen to whatever new lie she can come up with in the time alotted. However, as Brookshire aims the kick for the no-no place, Dom certainly wasn't born yesterday...and so he extends his arm out away from himself as he feels the ferret tensing up in preparation for the kick. As a result, her footpaw connects with the stone like slab of his midsection. One might think that he would be further angered by this, however, a grin very slowly starts to spread across the hare's scarred muzzle. After a moment or two, he even begins to laugh...a booming, humorless sound. "Is best shot?" he chuckles, his ears twitching as he eyes the ferret. "Answering qvestion is easier option, yes? Dis time, I give three second. Start now."   

DoraRose looks, see, and then attacks the closest weasel, swinging her axe at him with a wordless roar. Take that!   

Quade steps back as one tall weasel is suddenly in front of him, he goes to slice at him with a dagger and narrowly avoids getting sliced with the blade the weasel has, his eyes widen "That blade is mine!" He flicks one of the two daggers at the weasel and it sinks into his shoulder but he still charges at the squirrel again.   

The ferret twitches an eye. "Heh...you know...that, that usually works." She gulps, "OksoIjoinedthisMosflowerDefenderthingyandIwaslike,noIdon'treallywanttojoinyouguysbutheyifyouarebuyingmyfoodandwineIwaslike, sure!" The ferret begins to ramble off, quickly to meet her 3 second limit,"SonowtheyareherelookingforsomeblokesswordandI'msupposedtobeguardingtherearbutthenyoucamealongand...do you hear fighting?" She says, head turning to the sounds of battle in the woods. "Oh cripes I need to get out of here!    “

Marek goes to help Dorarose and between him and her the weasel is taken down and slayed, he frowns "There should be one more...somewhere"   

DoraRose tilts her ears, then turns and points. "Over there, I think! Come on!" Without waiting to see if the stoat is following, the mouse Warrior charges, yelling, "REEEEDWAAAAALLLLLL!!!" Unaware that there's a Long Patrol hare nearby, she may have just saved Brookie's life on accident.....so she can whip her with a willow switch later for the ferret eating her special cookies. THIEF.   

Dominik stares blankly at Brookshire as she begins to ramble, her words all mushing together, and his expression slowly fades from one of anger into one of confusion and bafflement. The northern hare has a hard enough time understanding most beasts when they speak regularly, let alone when they speak at a hundred miles an hour. He blink-blinks at the ferret, catching the occasional word, but otherwise...he got nothing. "Er." *Blink* "Ya. Vell. You stay out of tvouble, yes? I not want to see you here again, is understood? Also, tip. Slinkyback must not eat so much foods. Is get large, unable to run. Unable to fight." He smirks as he looks her up and down, before he drops her in an unceremonious heap at his footpaws. At this point, his ears perk as he heads the Redwall cry, and he turns his head in the direction it came from. Going from absolutely NO action at all, to everything happening at once, the hare is inwardly pleased though his expression does not betray this.   

Quade is fighting for his life and narrowly avoiding a slice from the sword, one cut gets his arm as he gets a good stab in one the weasel's shoulder   

Marek has both his blades out now as he charges the surprised weasel, the weasel growls and stabs towards the stoat, he sidesteps and clips off part of the weasels ear. The mouse maid gets a hit on the weasels back as the weasel screams out in pain as he is attacked from both sides now.   

The ferret drops like a sack of potatoes. She rubs her neck, "My friends! I need to rescue my fr- wait, did you just call me /fat/?" Brook growls, grabbing a paw full of snow she throws it at the back of the hares head before drawing her dagger and dashing into the woods. Don't worry gang! Help is coming! In the form of a bloated thiefy ferret...ok, maybe you should worry after all.

DoraRose ducks and steps back a little, all her frustration at the events of the last few weeks driving her in this fight. Using all her skill, she swings her axe around again, trying to kill the weasel. When the ferret and/or hare get close enough, they will see a female mouse skillfully wielding a double-handed, double-bladed battleaxe like a boss. FEAR HER. FEAR HER GREATLY.   

Quade gets knocked down and flicks his 2nd dagger at the weasel and hits it in the back, he rolls out of the way as Marek and Dorarose now fight the weasel, the weasel is slowed some as he is injured.

Dominik's attention is focused on where the yell had come from, and so as Brookshire tosses the snowball at him it smacks him square in the back of his head. Ears shooting upright, the hare's eyes narrow severely, a scowl upon his muzzle as the fleeing ferret can hear his angry growl. Brook is sooo lucky that she had decided to flee in that moment. If she had still been there, she likely would have found out firsthand what it was like to have one's head twisted around and shoved up one's backside. Hey, ferrets are flexible, yes?   

Brookshire doesn't want to find out! She continues onward, dashing through the snow until she reaches the scene of the battle, leaping out into the edges of combat, brandishing her puny dagger, "Huzzah! I have come to help!" She says...without actually helping.   

Marek slices the weasel across the chest and avoids a stab to the side.   

Quade catches sight of Brookshire as the stoat and mouse maid fight the weasel and blinks, "Did you gain weight?"   

DoraRose gets a cut on her upper arm. "YOU JUST RUINED MY SWEATER, YOU FREAK!!!" She yells, as if almost dying over and over again weren't all that important. Meh, what's a little blood when her sweater may unravel? Roaring, she leaps at the weasel and goes swing, , aiming for his upper legs, then steps back and swings again, this time aiming for his chest! The ferret gets to be ignored....for now.

Marek ducks a swing of the blade from the weasel, it then turns, its mistake, to dorarose and gets stabs in the chest, a surprise look and the weasel falls over lifeless. Marek takes a couple breaths and kicks the weasel a couple times "The weasel is dead"   

Quade walks over and takes the blade from the dead weasel "Furyblazor is mine once more" He then smiles and places it in its rightful spot, at his side.   

Dominik reaches behind his head to wipe the rest of the snow from his fur, shooting a glare in the direction that the ferret had run off to. He mutters under his breath as he turns to march back down the path the way he had first come. "...vat a fool, vould not help for all da vodkas in da forest. Hopes da slinkback falls in pit...full of poisonteeth. Ya. Is good." A grin forms on his muzzle as he thinks of that particular scene. From the sounds of the nearby scuffle, it would likely be best if he checked to see if reinforcements were available back at the HQ. Either that, or he is just angry and wants to head back to base.

DoraRose breathes heavily as she kicks the dead weasel. Turning and taking a few steps, she goes to grab the squirrel's tunic front and bring her face close to his. "If you /ever/ lose that sword again, I will tie you to a tree and leave you there overnight!" Try not to lose it again. Stomping away, she stops and points at the ferret. "And next time, actually help, for the love!" Growling, she marches off, calling back to them: "I'll meet y'all in the tavern in a few days; right now I'm going home!" Her revenge upon Brookie can wait a few days. These were very special cookies. Justice will happen! But for now, Redwall. This mouse needs some family time....   

Brookshire crosses her arms, "Tsk, I helped. See, I'm here. Not my fault you lot got everything done before I came. The nerve of some people..."   

Marek shakes his head “Let us go to the tavern in Ferravale, whoever is going that is” He then walks off. They want to follow they can, up to them.

Quade does follow “Yes let us celebrate my..our victory”

-------Later that night, in the woods north of the abbey--------

A group of rats, weasels, even a tall vole, is greeted by a hooded figure. They at once stand and are at attention when the deep voice speaks “A new job for you, a bounty on the head of  Quade Bracktor.”

“Ummm….why…” A weasel starts to ask and then falls over dead with a dagger in his throat.

“Any more questions?” The hooded figure says, clearly peeved now.

The rest are smart and quickly shake their heads no, “Sure boss…whatever ya say boss!”

“Good” The hooded figure grins under his cloak and chuckles one of those evil laughs.

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2016-12-30 07:18:58 AM)

Board footer