Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-23 05:50:59 PM

oz

You Help Me Find My Stuff, I Help You Find Your Chest-PART 1

This was a few hours after this log
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=49

This log has Patch in it, yeah I play Patch so what tongue Enjoy the log
Joining Log:
Patch-A rat
Xander-Teenager badger from Redwall and Warrior in training in Mossflower Defenders
Leon-Brother and Mater Healer of Redwall
Dylan-Lizard and helping the bandits
-Spoofed bandits, spoofed healers, a random spoofed abbey beast or two, and a spoofed snake

==The log starts in Mossflower woods somewhere, along its paths and twists and turns, and hidden places ==

Xander must have walked around a good 4 hours and still nothing, he checked Ferravale, he checked with a weasel at the black gull even, course the weasel could of lied through his teeth, he sighed and sat down beside a tall oak and looked ready to cry.

“Ya looking for me stripy?” A voice said above him.

Xander gasped and spun around, long sword drawn and growled low” Show yourself!”

“Whoa there kid your poke someone’s eye out with that thing”    A rat jumps down and grins, its Patch “Hello, word in Mossflower is ya looking for me, now why is that ?”

Xander puts away his longsword and shows a key and a note” This….”

Patch yanks the note away and reads it “Ahh yeah that’s in my stash of stuff in the tree house, but I never do anything fer free”

Xander gives him the candy chestnuts and the two gold coins “Here, now where is the chest please?”

Patch bites the gold to make sure it’s real and smiles, he eats a couple candy chestnuts “ Ya want your chest, ya help me find MINE see it was taken from me and I have…..unreplaceable stuff in it see. You help me track down the thief and I get you your little chest…k stripy?” He starts to walk away

Xander narrows his eyes, and follows the rat “Hey..hey wait up!”

Patch just keeps walking “ What I don’t move that fast, well I can but see I WANT you to follow me, so yeah stripy, come on get with it already” They walk for about an hour.

Xander takes a couple deep breaths as he follows the rat "Hey I gave you those two gold coins and the stupid candy chestnuts now where is MY chest, not YOUR chest, or are you lying and the chest my Uncle left me was stolen and you just don’t want in trouble or worse..."   

Patch frowns "Lower ya voice stripy...and tis not ya Uncle's chest, that one is still safe at my...home, this one is mine and I was moving it when they jumped me and I have reason to believe the beast be close. You help me and I help you or no deal"   

Xander kicks a rock and makes it bounce off a tree as he follows the rat deeper into the woods, well so much for getting back to the abbey by nightfall.   

From the distance smoke can be seen, chimney smoke, just over the tree line.   

Meanwhile, Elsewhere but not far away.

Dylan wakes up with a yawn, stretching out the kinks in his back as he comes down the stairs. For a building abandoned to the woods Oakwood Inn was in a surprisingly good state of repair. The walls were rotten but sturdy and provided shelter for his beasts from the terrible winter outside. The inn itself was located in an old clearing with a few other small huts. The beginnings of some village so forgotten that there were not even roads to it anymore. The beasts clambering about the village numbered five, that could be seen from the forest around the village.   

Dylan steps out of his warm abode and into the cold, shivering as he walks to their supply hut.   

Patch looks ahead and slows as he puts a paw up "Whoa stripy...smoke, where there be smoke there be beasts."   

Xander glares "It’s Xander, you will call me Xander you...you furbag!" He quiets some as they get closer and ducks behind a tree when he sees five beasts, one being a lizard of some sort. "Whats that thing?"   

The beasts outside are mostly pine martens aside from the one weasel and the lizard. The others look like they have been on sentry, carrying spears in their paws, rapiers at their hips. Dylan pats one on the shoulder before moving into one of the huts. The pot bellied lizard emerges a moment later carrying a sack of food stuff before returning to the inn.   

Patch studies them" Lizard, not as dangerous as a monitor at least. Ok get something sharp and lets go stripy" Yeah he is going to stick with that name for now. He edges closer and looks around the area as he gets out a couple throwing daggers, he flicks one at the lone weasels back seeing as he is closer and then quickly gets back behind the tree.   

Xander frowns as he slowly draws his longsword and makes a mental note where the martens and lizard are, he tries his best to stay hidden "So..what now?" He whispers to the rat.   

Now? Now chaos happens. The weasel opens his mouth to cry out but nothing comes. He collapses in the dirt with a dagger in his back. A moment passes before the sentry martens take note. Their quiet conversation ending as they notice one of their beasts is down. One gestures to another to head back into the Inn while the other two go check on their downed comrade.   

Patch knows that hit in a vital place, well one down and about 3 pine martens and the lizard, "Try not to die" He mutters as he slips closer "Take me stuff will ya...ya don’t steal from a thief" He has another throwing dagger in his paw.   

Xander tenses, he has not been in any real fights before, "Patch?" He grips his blade and seems to decide whether he should just stay or go.   

Meanwhile, inside with the bandits. One can only imagine what devious plots they are scheming right now!   

"You know Scamp...for a wandering bandit leader you cook a pretty fine sparrow soup." Dylan says as he samples his breakfast.   

"Ex, Bandit leader. I find the mercenary work to be a lot more peaceful than trying to wrangle bandits together." The burly but heavy set red fox leans against the counter.   

"Still, where did you get the recipe for this sparrow? Did you use garlic or-"   

"Boss!" The sentry steps inside, "We got trouble out front." The lizard looks to his soup and sighs, taking it with him as he move into the lobby of the inn. "Wake the /others/."   

OUTSIDE...   

The martens confirm their worst fears. Their beast is dead. Angered the bandits ready their spears, searching the area and moving closer to the heroes location.   

Patch is trying to be quiet as he spots one pine marten and flicks the dagger towards his throat as he passes his hiding spot! Hopefully it’s one less to worry on.

Xander frowns as he stays where he is, the other pine marten gets very close to him and he moves but snaps a twig and mutters a cuss under his breath.

The pine marten let's out a gurgled cry as he falls to the ground, clutching a knife to his throat. His friend twists to come to his aid..until he hears the badger behind him. "ALARM!" He shouts thrusting his spear at the badger's chest.   

Patch frowns as he hears the pine marten cry out "Not good, not good at all" He rushes forwards and grabs the appear the dead marten has and goes to attempt to stab it at the pine marten that’s alive still "Look out kid!"   

Xander eyes go wide when he is face to face with a pine marten and panics, he staggers backwards and moves his blade forwards towards the martin. The spear misses his chest but hits his lower arm when he moved, the gash is lucky not to deep but it hurts badly and it starts to leak blood, making the snow a bit red in spots, "Aghhhhhhh!"   

The pine marten easily ducks out of the way of the sword; the spear to the back? not so much. The beast stiffens, the spear tip running him through the back and belly. "Not like..." He collapses onto his side.   

A moment later the door to the inn swings open. The pine marten, the fat bellied red fox, and the lizard storm outside. Dylan scans the area with a cold calculating glare broken only by slurping up his soup. "Scamp, I do believe we had four three sentries out here."   

"I do believe your right." The fox comments, drawing a heavy double bladed ax. "Spread out. Find them." The fox moves out of the way of the door. Six more vermin all in various stages of being dressed quickly exit the inn, they are mostly pine martens with a few ferrets in the mix and armed to the teeth.   

Patch pants as he looks at Xander "You ok stripy?" He has a spear now and looks at the badger's arm, making a quick makeshift bandage with the badgers headband if allowed, he peers over and frowns "We..have more trouble than I thought"   

Xander frowns and nods slowly. He has his longsword in paw, "W..What now, what do we do?" He sounds a little scared.   

The bandits move with terrifying speed, and yet remain cautious as they break into pairs and begin searching the small abandoned village. "You lot, stay here." Dylan orders the two ferrets in the group, fan out, find our beasts. Not you." He grabs one of the pine martens by the shoulder. She looks almost tribal in appearance. "Go secure the cellar." The marten nods, returning back into the inn. A pair of marten's reach the doors of the smaller huts, peering inside before moving on. One pair is very, very close and in a moment will round the corner of the building and see the heroes. It will not be a pleasant experience when they find them over their slain comrades.   

Patch has his spear ready, well it’s his now, "When you see them..stab forwards. Just fight and maybe we can get out of this and look for my stolen stuff. He will raise the spear and stab forwards once he sees one of the two beasts round the corner, no since in letting them warn others.   

Xander frowns "All you care about is your stuff, your stuff...shut up!" He gasps and when he spots one he closes his eyes and rushes forwards stabbing the sword towards the hopefully surprised beast.

The first marten to round the corner let's his eyes widen as the badger comes at him. "No! Wait!" He cries as the sword runs him through the stomach. The rats spear takes the other marten by the shoulder and he lets out an unearthly cry of pain.    .

"There!" Dylan draws his long sword and uses it to point. Like a horde of angry hornets the bandits descend upon the heroes. The fox coming around one corner of the hut, the other martens coming around the other side with their spears. Dylan can be seen not too far behind followed by the ferrets.   

Things do not look...good right now. Especially when Scamp comes around the corner, eyes blazing with anger as he pushes the wounded marten out of his way. The heavy set bandit looks anything but jolly while swinging a heavy ax with both paws.   

Patch narrows his eyes and yanks the spear out of the other marten and aims at whatever is closer to the two" We may need to try and run stripy!" There is a small opening if it doesn't close   

Xander eyes go wide, he just killed a beast, he shivers and backs up swinging his blood covered blade at a ferret and is in a state of shock and panic, his life is in real danger here   

The fox deflects the oncoming spear with an almost pathetically easy swing of his ax. As the ferrets join the battle one blocks the badgers sword strike. They are quickly being surrounded by 2 pine martens, 2 ferrets, an angry ax wielding fox and a lizard. The pine marten Xander stabbed curls into a ball, clutching the wound to his belly and letting out a quiet whine as he slowly passes into the dark forest.

The time to choose was now. Do they stay and fight or flee to fight another day?   

Patch whimpers, he then sees a chance, it’s a cave but he also sees...."MY STUFF!" He throws the spear at the oncoming ferret and somehow manages to grab what looks like a sack cloth from him, a blade sinks into his shoulder as he tenses in pain and a throw spear barely misses him as he lunges away from them "Cave...cave!" He is bleeding but runs with hidden energy and his will to live "Run!!!   

Xander whimpers and blocks another move of the ax and growls as he stabs forwards and elbows one of them before he is knocked backwards and rolls down the hill to the cave entry and then quickly goes inside, they appear to be...trapped   

The ferret dies with hardly a whimper, falling backwards with a spear up his nose.   

"Cowards! Come back here and fight!" Dylan waves his sword over his head before he moves to help the fox to his feet after Xander knocked him over.   

"And prey tell where were YOU during this fight?" Scamp growls.

"Took me a while longer to get to battle. I blame your cooking."   

"Oh sure sure, then how did /I/ get here before you?"   

"Because you lack the sense to hang back and let others do the work for you?" Dylan laughs. "Come on boys. These beasts spilled our blood and we still don't have their hides to show for it. Into the cave!" The bandits cheer and pursue the beasts into the cave.   

The cave only goes deeper into the earth, it's surpassingly wide, and warmer here than outside. There is also a light source coming from deeper into the cave...it's source is still out of side around the next corner...

Patch moves slowly and falls onto his knees, he holds a cloth sack to himself and opens it "Still....still there...my precious...." He pulls out...a pained rock and a stuffed toy ferret! OH and a torn up blanket that’s yellow and clearly something a dibbun would of had. He shivers  and falls onto his side, blood leaks from his shoulder and arm, and his tail tip is missing now.   

Xander pants and holds his arm, he looks at Patch and his eyes widen "What..WHAT! You risked our lives for...."The rat is really hurt though and those vermin are coming in as he grips his sword and looks at Patch "No..don't die, please I can't do this alone!" He is already feeling ill from killing a beast. He holds his blade and stands by Patch in a protective stance, or best he can.   

The light source proves to from a hole in the ceiling of a large chamber behind the two beasts. It's large, circular and filled with what can only be called a horde of treasure. Gold coins, weapons, armor, chests of shiny objects, their beauty marred by the stench of death. And in the center of it all is a large jade colored stone. Upon closer inspection the giant stone appears to be...moving. Like a creature breathing. There is a soft hiss in the air and the two beasts are greeted by a pair of unblinking golden eyes.   

Patch groans weakly and coughs "We...need to get outta here k..kid." He hears the hiss..it would appear they could be doomed.

Last edited by oz (2016-12-23 05:55:25 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer