Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-23 12:29:17 PM

oz

One Chest,Two Chest, Three Chest...How Many Are There?

Redwall Log
Involved in Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker of Redwall
Xander-Teenager badger and Nephew of Oz
Benar-Abbot of Redwall

RW Abbey: Abbot's Chambers
These are the rooms of Abbot Benar, They consist of a couple of rooms.
The largest room by far is the private sitting room. Tall windows look
out over the Gardens's of the abbey and beyond the Open Ground between
the cloister and the walls. It is a comfortable well lived in room with
chairs and tables, work desks, ornaments and books. A set of three
large armchairs are set up before the fire-place and there are
several large bookcases filled with tomes about the abbey and its
craft works.

Through a small door is Benar's bedroom, it is filled with antique
furniture and fittings and wood panels attached to the walls hide
the stone of the abbey. The single window is flanked by drapes of
thick velvet and though it appears like a rich room at first glance
it is quite simple otherwise. The bed is a single, functional frame
of wood with blankets and pillows and there is a small portrait of
Benar's mother Amarro as the only personal decoration in the room.

Benar was at his desk finish up some papers as he hands them to an abbey Brother “Here Brother Carl, get these to Friar Lacota, its ideas for my upcoming Winter Feast soon"   

Xander knocks on the door and peeks inside "Umm..sir..Abbot Benar may me and Uncle Oz come in?"   

Oz seemed to feel much better, one he knew his way around the abbey and not at all around Ferravale. He also disliked going outside the abbey and only did so on rare occasions. He stayed beside Xander as the younger badger spoke.   

Benar smiled "Of course my door is always open and you both know that. So how can I help you this morning?"   

Xander shows a key and lays down a paper that has Abbot Benar written on it, "You have a chest I am supposed to open, but I have no clue why I had to go to Ferravale and then back here for."

Oz lets Xander do the talking, he only knows a little about these chests and not who has one and who doesn't.   

Benar takes the paper and nods "Yes Zee did leave me a chest, told me to keep it till you came with a key, but he did not tell me what was inside it." He walks over to where a chest is kept and takes off the sheet, “I am curious but if it is a weapon do please place it where it should be, that’s my only request." He steps back to let the badger open the chest and to see whats inside as well.   

Xander steps forwards as he nods and places the key in the lock, a click and he opens the chest. A frown forms as he looks at the near empty chest, again just a folded bit of paper, he gets it and opens it to revile a key. He takes a deep breath and looks to Oz "It says to talk to Uncle Oz." He says quietly, he is controlling his temper that’s rising fairly well, least so far.   

Oz blinks once and nods "Yes Uncle Zee did leave me a chest, in my room so I suppose we go there then" He pats Xander on the shoulder and heads to his room.   

Benar looks inside the chest and looks slightly confused "Oz...do you know why Zee would of had such a note?" He decides to follow the two badgers, curious himself.

RW: Badger Mother’s Room
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The room you enter is rather neat and almost spartanly furnished, quite a visual contrast if you entered from the cluttered Dibbun's room adjacent.  The warm red of the sandstone walls is the primary motif, broken in only a few places.  There's a small leaded glass window for light, a bed (rather massive, which might give one a hint at it's occupant) with a coverlet of brightly dyed and woven cloth and a small table with a chair; this is holding a small pile of books and papers, a candle in it's holder and a couple odd Dibbun toys that ended up there somehow.  The only real ornament in the room is a middle sized, carefully framed parchment: a charcoal and ink drawing of some group or family of badgers. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xander steps into the room and looks around for a chest, "So where is it?"   

Oz steps inside and goes over to the foot of the bed laying a paw on the chest" This one and trust me I have no clue what is inside, just that I would keep an eye on it."   

Benar steps inside the room and stays by the doorway" This is interesting, though I am unsure of what Zee's thoughts were as he said little to me, he only mentioned a test in his will but I am unsure what notes in chests have to do with a test."   

Xander uses the key to unlock the chest and right away grumbles "Its..another note this...THIS IS ANNOYING!!" He sits on the bed and pouts, leaving a note inside that has a key and reads =Seek The Master Healer of Redwall boy=.   

Oz frowns "Please Xander do not raise your voice, you need to calm down please. If this is a test, then I am sure Zee has his reasons and knowing him it’s not going to be a simple test either and I am sure he had his reasons to not fully explain things to anyone else as well, as its most likely something you need to do mostly on your own"   

Benar frowns as he reaches in to get the note and studies Xander "Oz is correct, losing your temper will not help you, it will only make you lose your focus" He shows the note to the badger and hands him the key. "I am curious as to how many chests there are though."   

Xander takes a couple calming breaths and reads the note, "Brother Leon...he is the Master Healer of Redwall so I guess I talk to him." He sighs and looks to them, "Sorry I..yelled, it's not been the best past few days and I feel so...lost without Uncle Zee" He lets a couple tears slide down his cheeks.   

Oz hugs Xander "Its understandable Xander, a death is not something one gets over right away and sometimes it takes not just days or weeks...maybe seasons and one never fully gets over a death, it’s been...well many seasons since my mate and child died and I am still not fully over that, nor fully over the death of my brother..your grandfather, but it lessens over time, trust me"   

Benar sits beside Xander and lays a paw on his arm “Yes and you have friends to help. And I am always here to talk to when needed" The abbey bells ring to show its lunch time" Let us get some lunch, then after lunch you can speak to Brother Leon and see what comes of that, be it another clue or maybe even something else." He stands and heads to the doorway “I will see you both at lunch" He then heads off.

=An hour after lunch=

Oz was getting ready for the dibbuns nap time, he always got some tea and usually went to the Great Hall,  today he decides to spend the hour he has free time in his room, sipping his green tea

Xander walks in “Hey Uncle Oz…I already talked to Brother Leon and  I am to find a Patch. I will try to not be gone too long, I promise and I have an idea where he is, close to the river I think”

Oz  listens and nods “Ok, do be careful Patch seems the type to not totally trust”

Xander rolls his eyes, “Ok ok and I got candy chestnuts from the kitchen, Uncle Zee said to bring them some reason, maybe cause he likes them or something and two gold coins, any idea why?”

Oz shrugs “None, never meet Patch I don’t think but if Zee gave him a chest he must trust him, least somewhat or maybe he owns Zee a favor I don’t know.” He  stands and walks over “Be careful, ok  I don’t want to lose any one else, not this soon”

Xander hugs him tightly “You won’t lose me Uncle Oz, I will be careful, I will avoid trouble best I can and I will be back.” He then  backs up and to the door “I best go while it’s still light out…back soon”

Oz sighs as he listens to him leave and  mutters a small prayer “Please keep an eye on him for me Uncle Zee…I know your still watching over me and him.” He then sips his tea and tries his best to relax for the afternoon.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer