Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-22 06:06:25 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Funeral Of Zee Winters-Happens ICLY Wedesday Dec21

==This happen between the Open Ground and The graveyard of The Abbey ICLY==

Zee was laid on a table with some flowers around him, one would think he was just sleeping but sadly he has moved on to the dark forest. Beasts now gathered for his funeral and the reading of his last will and testament.

Rupert walked into the area and to the front of the gathered beasts, he pulls out a document and adjusts his glasses as he clears his throat” Salutations, I am here on behave of Zee Winters to read his Last Will and Testament.” He then proceeds to read
” The Last Will and Testament of Zee  Eldrin Winters:
Well me friends, it finally happen….I kicked it. I probably would have died sooner but I had some unfinished business( That and I could not miss that last feast, hehe).
Anyways, I am sure you are all eager to get your paws on me stuff. So let us get in with it.
1st- Me staff is mine, bury it with me or be cursed for all eternity.
2nd- To me nephew Oz, I leave the old Winter’s  Family tea recipe, don’t let anyone but Zaram read it boy.
3nd- To Marek, I leave behind me prized flagon. Let it hang in the Ferravale Tavern forever.
4th- To Abbot Benar, I leave what remains of my daughter Paige’s Library. May the knowledge of these five books live on.
5th- To our new friends The Mossflower Defenders I leave what remains of me gold. The amount should suffice to start a headquarters wherever you may please.
Last but not least to me nephew Xander I leave The Blade Of The Northwind Storms, provided that you pass one final test, hee hee.
Now that we have gotten me possessions out of the way it is time to discuss me final wises.
1st- I wish for my funeral to be in Redwall, so all me friends and family can be in attendance. (There you go Oz now you won’t complain so much about your knee boy)
2nd- I wish to be taken to Send Valley to be buried with me ancestors, me children and me mate. I know the journey will be long and difficult but please grant a badger his last request.
Goodbye me friends. I have certainly lived far more than enough seasons to enjoy me life but you all have made it a much more worthwhile experience. But as all things must do, life comes to an end. And I wish you all a happy rest of yours.

Zee Winters”

Rupert then places the document back into his vest and goes to sit down.

Benar walked to where the rabbit had just been “Thank you.” He looks to the gathered beasts” We are here to say our goodbyes to Zee. He was a friend to many and will be missed. He leaves behind family as well. Oz, Xander and Sister Zinnia were all part of his family. I know they will need our support more than ever now to get through this hard time. If anyone would like to come forwards and say a few words…about Zee, now is your chance.”

Leon stood and walked forwards before going  to face everyone “Hello…all. I knew Zee and I would like to say I was a friend of his. Zee was fairly old when he first came here, but for his age he seemed to be able to do a lot. Like when the Vikings attacked, he volunteered to help, even when his nephew was missing and possibly dead, he still helped and almost lost his life doing it. When his nephew was found, he was very happy and I am glad Xander was found before Zee died.” He sighed “I was asked if there was anything I could of done to prevent Zee’s death...no. I may be a healer but that doesn’t mean I have some magic herbs that make beasts instantly well and to live forever, I wish I did sometimes, but sadly I don’t and sadly a healer can’t save everyone, even though he wants to. And one can’t fight back old age, it gets to a beast and one day they go to the dark forest, we all will one day and we never know if it will be extremely old age, an illness, an injury, or what….so love one another while you have one another.” He then quietly goes to hug Xander, if allowed, and sits back down.

Xander does allow the hug, but stays silent. He is taking his Uncle’s death fairly hard so far.

Thunderwing watches from the sidelines, he is with 3 other large birds and stays out of the abbey beasts way, but he is sadden over his friends death.

Caleb decides to go up nest “Hi…I um..didn’t know Zee too long, he was a nice beast and I even helped him make cookies and mint hot cocoa the night before he died, he wanted to give the dibbuns something nice..before the snow badger came for a visit. Zee also was smart, and kind and got a long with most” He then goes to sit down.

Oz sighs, he may as well go up next, beside him is Sister Jenny in case he needs help, he nods to the hedgehog “I am fine.” He reaches out a paw to lay on Zee and frowns as he feels tears fall, “Hey…Uncle Zee. I am going to miss you, miss you a lot. I am glad I got a chance  to say goodbye, I am glad I was with you  during your last few moments.” He smiles weakly “Tell Zork and Uncle Soot I said hi…ok and not to worry I will help make sure Xander will grow up and become the best beast he can be.” He then steps back and nods to the others “Uncle Zee has…helped me more times than I could count, not just here in Mossflower but also in the snowy Northlands….he helped me, well started me towards being less of a full blown hermit by finding me when Uncle Soot died and he helped me and my brother Zork get back together as we had not seen each over in over 5 seasons…..cause well of me being a hermit…I had my reasons but if he had not found me, it’s very possible I would of gotten deeper into wanting to be alone. He also helped me, as well as Sister Zinnia though the time my brother Zork died.  He..may not be having his final resting place here at our abbey , but that’s ok and it doesn’t mean he won’t still be in our hearts and memories forever. Most of my family is buried in the send valley….and Uncle Zee will be also. “ He pauses and goes on “When my time comes, many many seasons from now I am hoping as it does seem Winters clan beast live many long seasons, I will be buried here with my brother Zork and my adopted son Maxtor. I only wish Sister Zinnia could have been here but I am sure she sends her love, as we send ours to her. I am glad Uncle Zee had many friends here, I am sure he is smiling from the dark forest at us now” He then lays a paw on Zee again and is helped back to where he was by Sister Jenny.

Xander walks slowly forwards and looks down at Zee and then the tears come. He just stands there and suddenly hugs Zee, “Why did you die? Why! I still need you…you are the best Uncle ever and you were not done training me, I DON’T WANT A NEW TRAINER…..” Ok this is not so good “Wake up…just WAKE UP!”

Benar frowns and is unsure what to do as he stands from his seat to go forwards.

Oz goes to try and pick up Xander, with some help from Rayen, and if able the badger will be carried somewhere slightly off to the side to calm down as Oz at least speaks to him “Xander…Xander its ok, please calm down. I am still here, you still have me, you still have your mother, you still have your friends.” He will, if able, hold the younger badger close and let him cry if needed.

Xander sort of allows himself to be lifted away from Zee, he kicks and screams at Oz and Rayen and tries to get loose for a short few moments before  just sagging in his Uncle Oz’s arms and returns the hug sobbing into his robe and letting tears flow, he will stay beside Oz for the rest of the funeral, calming down mostly but a silent tear still falls ever so often.

Zaram was also here, he frowned as he listened , he then stepped forwards “Ello…sur Zee spent a lot of time in Ferravale as well as  ere’ and had some friends and those that even respected him in Ferravale and some are here, others who could not be send their condolences “

Zolomon took his turn, looking at the still form of the badger he barely controls the urge to cry” Gramps or as I called him, aka Zee Winters. The chap were me friend, even if I know him a short while, he seemed one full of wisdom and….always friendly and loyal to his friends. From things heard..seen, he was also protective of his friends. Me and Q..also helped him with a task of his the night before he died..” He wiped away a tear and smiled, “ Gramps had the best grin,  knew how to cheer ya up he did, wot. And..and I will miss ya gramps” He nods to Zee “ Goodbye my dear dear friend” He then sits down.

Dorarose is also here and steps forwards, followed by her daughter. Dorarose holds back her tears and quietly says a few words towards Zee.

Angela wipes away a tear that starts to go down her cheek and stays beside Dorarose.

Lilymoore starts crying uncontrollably, she will miss Zee a lot it seems. She is led back to the chairs they were sitting in by Angela and Dorarose as they all 3 go to sit down by Leon.

Leon offers a comforting smile to his family and listens to see what others say about Zee.

Nightbreath  arrived a little late, and stepped forwards to mutter a quiet prayer over Zee and bows his head. He then quietly when to stand off to the side and out of the way of anyone else who wished to pay their respects.

Blisa and her body guard is also here, they pay their respects and then sit down with others here.

Flicktail stands close by, he takes a moment to go to where Zee is and bows his head before stepping away so others can say their goodbyes.

Leon listens to all the words said, sitting quietly  in his chair, beside him is Caleb.

Texo had heard the sad news and even though it was briefly he spoke with Zee, he decided to come see him, he looked at the crowd and nods “Ummm…hi…yes I am a stranger and I only meet Mr. Winters…umm Zee Winters a couple days ago. He helped me, gave me advice on how to live a batter life and even helped me get a job and a possible home. To this I am..I am glad. I would of loved to get to know him better, he seemed to me a very wise old beast who was kind and friendly and helpful to those he meet. He didn’t have to help me, I..” He frowns “ I mean I tried to rob him and he forgave me. Because of him I put aside my thief days and want to live a good life, in honor of him and use my other skills like building things, like useful things…” He smiles at Zee “Thank you, my friend” He then excuses himself and sits down  in an empty chair in the back row.

Benar looks to see if anyone else wishes to say anything before speaking himself” Zee was a close friend to all. I had hoped one day he settle down fully into Redwall instead of Ferravale but that was his choice. I also know Zee cared for his family and friends very much. The books he mentioned will be placed in a special place in the library soon. I hope you all help Zee’s close family though this hard time. And as always my door is open if anyone wishes to speak to me. Zee’s wishes of being taken to the Valley of Send in the Northlands will be honored. I had been told that Thunderwing and his friends will help with that to which I am grateful”

Thunderwing and his feathered friends bow to the abbot ”Thunderwing always help friend Zee. Thunderwing good friend to Winters Clan always. Thunderwing sadden by loss of friend Zee…will always remember yes. Thunderwing honor friend Zee last request, let friends of Northlands and Send say goodbyes also “

Xander has fallen asleep beside Oz and Rayen and maybe that’s for the best.

Oz makes sure Xander doesn’t slip out of the chair and nods for a couple otters to help get the young badger to a place he can sleep better.

Patch is one of the beasts that wait till  almost the last moment to go up and gives a respected head bow to the badger “I…hope ya happy where ya be old stripes.” He then slightly sits back down, away from the other beasts, he is behaving himself out of respect.

Rayen helps to  get Xander elsewhere” I will make sure someone watches him Oz, after I get him to the room I am gonna take a walk outside the abbey.” She then heads off to do just that.

Some other friends of the badger step forwards to say a kind word or a few words, they say their condolences and then sit back down.

Benar lets every beast that wants to speak, speak before he steps to the front again and nods to the group “Thank you all for coming, those who need to stay a day or two are welcomed to, we have a good warm meal and drinks to share, fellowship to be had  and support to be given” He then steps back down after saying his own goodbye to the old badger.

Patch quietly leaves the area and heads outside the gates of the abbey, yes he behaved himself but he thought it best he left before he decided to not behave himself.

After others pay their respects and the abbot dismisses everyone that is when Thunderwing and his 3 bird friends pay their respects and then each of them takes a corner of the casket Zee is in and take to the sky, to pay the last request of Zee Eldrin Winters, to be taken to the Snowy North to The Send Valley.

Board footer