Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-01 05:07:03 PM

Henry the Poet

New enemies. Any allies? OR Suppose some spies - The Remnant Log

~Setting~

The Entry to Redwall abbey, Early Fall.

~Characters~

-Xander, Leader of The Mossflower Defenders
-Ace, Hedgehog
-Henry, Bird Bard of The Defenders

~WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES~

The Defenders' base has been captured!

The evil of Quade did not end with his death. The Remnant, a group bent on the completion of the despicable squirrel's evil schemes, has appeared in Mossflower Woods. This vile ghost of dark ambition has token over The Mossflower Defender's base and slain Edson, a hedgehog warrior and a member of The Defenders.

Who knows when The Remnant will strike next!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Xander walks into the entry as he is in his grandfather’s armor. He places his blade in the weapons area before coming back to sit on the steps leading to the wall top. Paws folded in his lap he frowns as he wipes away a tear, it’s not been a good past couple days.

Ace makes his way into the abbey, after looking around briefly he finds the badger and makes his way over to him before stopping in front of him…”Sir...” He starts and waits to get his attention.   

Xander sees the hedgehog before he gets to him and nods a greeting as he clears his throat, “Hello Ace, please tell me you’re not here with bad news.”

Ace shakes his head “No news good or bad sir, then I suppose no news is good in a way” He goes to sit down now, “SO...when not usually at the base, not that we have one right now...sorry” He frowns, most likely not a good thing to be reminded of, “Anyways you stay here I guess or just updating the beasts here of going ones in the area?”

Xander says, “My uncle is here as is another beast I care about. I have yet to speak to anyone on what happen, the gate keeper knows and that’s all so far.”

Ace nods, he then smiles at an idea “Maybe your Uncle can help us”

Above the two's head a deep rich voice starts to sing. Its song goes thusly:   

“I have often been asked whether,   
        To have both wing and feather   
        Is better together for wintery weather
        Then having both fur and leather.”   

With that, a black throated sparrow lands next to the two beasts. “Greetings Cap. Winters, sir!” he chirps happily.

Xander shakes his head “No...He doesn’t have much fighting skills, and he is the dibbun caretaker here...also he is blind” He stops as he sees Henry and nods “Hello Henry...have you heard what has happen past couple days?”

Ace frowns “Oh...never mind then” He waves to the sparrow but let’s Xander explain as ...well he knows more about what happen.

Henry eyebrows nit into a frown, “If Meum had, sir,” says the sparrow, “there would be a singsong about it.”

Xander sighs “Its…ok Henry, ok the Mossflower Defender Base has been taken over...there is a pawful of captives and...They killed Edson” He frowns “They call themselves The Remnant and a weasel named Loosefang is like 2nd in charge...no clue who is in charge of it.”

Ace listens as they talk “Is there anyone else you know of to help, as I offered at the meeting there is a friend of mine, she is...a little wild but a very good fighter.”

“Meum would suggest the sparra,” said bird bard thoughtfully, “but taking into consideration the last time I asked them to help, I do doubt they would be willing.”

Xander nods “Let’s not...I mean if the abbey gets invaded sometime yes they could help.”

The black throated poet turns his eyes towards the heavens, deep in thought. He sighs deeply as he looks back to the badger. “I don't know anybeast,” bemoans the sparrow.

Xander just nods “Least we know where the vermin are. We do have Ferravale and a pawful of others that may help too. We should also be careful as for now they are a small group but also no idea whom the leader is, we need to find out somehow or capture that Loosefang and make him talk”

“Whatum we need,” says the foul, after pounding the situation for a moment, “is a spy.”

Xander says, “A spy would be good, one from the air be better as there is Patch for the ground, maybe a tree but it’s not like he can fly and something large would be seen too easily”

“With all do respect sir, I think that is too simple. Rather than having someone witch them from a distance,” says the sparrow, a strange light in his eyes, “We could have one of our friends in Ferravale join The Remnant and give us information from the inside.”

Xander hmmms “I don’t know, could be dangerous and I don’t want to risk any more death. Their so leader is insane…he almost killed another beast on the path in fact.”

“Anything we do could be dangerous sir,” say the sparra bard cynically, “The safest place is lay out in a tree and covered with leaves.”

Xander says, “true and for now there is still leaves though some are falling since it’s that time of the year....but plans are always good to make and doing our best to be careful”

The sparrow shrugged, “If you say so sir.” The sparrow looks up as the bells start to toll one. “I should be going,” Says henry, “I have to collect herbs. Farewell sir!” and with that, he takes off.

~TO BE CONTINUED IN OUR NEXT!!!~

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#2 2017-10-01 05:08:56 PM

Henry the Poet

Re: New enemies. Any allies? OR Suppose some spies - The Remnant Log

I don't know who ace is. if someone tells me, I will add to his discretion in the prelude.

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

Board footer