Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-16 10:18:05 AM

The_Brony_Marek

One Last Good Deed

*This happens right before this log ended, so right before Zolomon and Zee go to the fire pit area  http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=35 *

Rw:Entry
……………………………………………………………………………………………
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. 
Coolness has swept into the air now, bringing with it the autumn leaves of the orchards.  Coating the trails that lace and move through the dying grass and flowers.  Regardless of the death of plants, the area is beautiful in its gold and orange season.  The abbey is sporting the colors in full pride.
Zee was on his way to the fire pit area with Zolomon. Leaning on his staff. “I will need ya to get me something Zolomon, but sort of left in in me room upstairs.
…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Outside was sometimes annoying in winter time, and right at the entryway was a patch of ice and the one beast who finds it without even trying is Oz. a gasp is heard right before he falls , luckily he manages to prevent himself from falling backwards but he still falls forwards onto all fours and drops the cloth sack he had with a groan. He grumbles and goes to stand only to hiss in pain, his knee…the one that always gave him trouble in winter, hit the ground fairly hard, not hard enough to break but it will be sprang a few days. Sister Polly is with him, a tall otter maid ”Oh Oz are you ok?” She gets a nod “Yeah but…..can’t walk too well right now…knee hurts….”

Quade happens to be nearby and rushes over “You ok there Oz?”

Zee also forces himself to walk a little faster “Ozzy!”

Zolomon is right there to help get the badger to his footpaws ”Ya ok Ozzy? Wot happen and why ya in the entryway for wot?” He goes to look at the cloth sack.

Leon walks out of the gatehouse ”You ok Oz? Should get someone to take care of that ice patch or least warn of it.” He starts to check Oz over and make sure he is ok, he frowns at the knee “Well good news, nothing is broken but your need to stay off your footpaws and rest the knee for a couple days.”

Oz frowns “I can’t yet, my dibbuns are expecting a visit from the snow badger, and there are cookies and special made mint hot chocolate in the kitchens for them to enjoy in the dibbun room, also some simple gifts a friend made….I…I can’t disappoint my dibbuns, they are looking forwards to this before bedtime and I am already an hour late as it is” His knee is swollen now.

Zee listens and smiles to himself as he mutters “One last…good deed…” He clears his throat “Ozzy…not ta worry I will handle everything and I even got  a couple helpers” He grins slowly. He nods to Leon “Brother Leon you and Sister Polly get Ozzy ta bed, I will….chat with ya later Ozzy.” He looks over at Zolomon and Quade and just grins.

Leon nods as he checks Oz’s knee again “ Yeah staying off the footpaws..totally, a couple days” The tone in his voice shows or else feel my wrath. He then tends to helping Oz to his room, and most likely will just go to bed soon afterwards.

Quade arches an eyebrow as Zee looks at him “What’s the grin for sir?”

Zolomon  frowns and  he rarely frowns, he backs up a couple feet, ”Ya…feeling ok gramps? And don’t we need to…get to the fire pit and oh yeah you said you needed me to get something from your room..wot was that?”

Zee just grins “A chest, but it can wait lads cause the snow badger needs to come first. Come you two”

RW:Badger Mother’s Room
……………………………………………………………………………….
The room you enter is rather neat and almost spartanly furnished, quite a visual contrast if you entered from the cluttered Dibbun's room adjacent.  The warm red of the sandstone walls is the primary motif, broken in only a few places.  There's a small leaded glass window for light, a bed (rather massive, which might give one a hint at it's occupant) with a coverlet of brightly dyed and woven cloth and a small table with a chair; this is holding a small pile of books and papers, a candle in it's holder and a couple odd Dibbun toys that ended up there somehow.  The only real ornament in the room is a middle sized, carefully framed parchment: a charcoal and ink drawing of some group or family of badgers. 
…………………………………………………………………………………

Oz meanwhile is in his bed and glares at Leon “I promised the dibbuns a story, and I promised a surprise Brother Leon both which I cannot do if I am in bed early.” The dibbuns come in about now and a couple climb onto the bed and a couple sit in a chair and giggle. A chat of “Story story story “ Starts as Oz just sighs.

Leon frowns “Well a story…can still be told from bed as for a surprise..I don’t know”

Caleb comes in and speaks “Ummm….I was told to tell Papa Oz that a visitor is still coming and to not worry”

Oz tilts his head “And who said that?”

Caleb answers “Zee did, he said he talk to the…well guest since you can’t go walking around for a couple days.”

Leon glances at the dibbun and to Oz “Well I say tell the story and then the dibbuns can get to their beds.” He manages a smile and goes into the hallway with his son.

Oz smiles and nods “Well then my dibbuns. A story and then Novice Caleb can led you to bed…..” He then begins to tell the tale, a tale as old as time its self “ Old Autumn final day is done and when midnight bells do toll, toll of winters birth. That is, well as the legends say…The snow badger comes” He smiles to the cheers of the dibbuns. “ Awakened in his home where he lives, but he is unseen as he does this..Lord of the winter season to make stars shine brighter and rules the icy winds. Some say those who see him…that he must retreat, but not always so…….”Oz smiles as he sits up, “I..know Brother Leon said no but my dibbuns we do have a guest who has more room to visit in the dibbun room.” He talks Sister Jenny into letting him borrow Zork’s old wheelchair, so he can be pushed into the dibbuns large room where there is an area for a story, a play area and a doorway that leads to dibbun dorms. “So….where is this visitor?” He says the last sentence fairly loudly.

RW: Dibbun's Room
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
About you is a rather dis-organized room.  Everything from clothing to a few toys to empty dishes are spread about the place in a giant mess that suggests that either a tornado went through this location, or perhaps, a sometimes rather similar thing, a large amount of dibbuns.  The shape is of a square, and a few pieces of furniture are near the walls.  Piles of miscellaneous dibbun toys are heaped onto everything around.  Your light source appears to be a few torches lit almost all the time, hanging onto the walls, held higher up by torch holders.  They light the place rather well.  You see two doors along one wall.  One is labeled "Boys Room", and the other "Girls Room". Two other doors come from this room.  One leads into a neatly organized,  clean room, though what it's purpose is hard to tell.  The other goes into a hallway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A short time later the hare and squirrel are in robes of green, robes of green with jingle bells all sew into them that jingle every time the slightest move is made. Bells on the front, on the back, on the sleeves and on the green hat with the white cotton ball at the end of it. Zee himself is dressed in a snowy white robe with jungle bells all over and a smile on his face. It’s a surprise where he finds his energy sometimes, maybe he has saved it up for this one last good deed of the night. He waited on the single and then he goes to pull the hare and squirrel with him and steps into the dibbuns  room and chuckles loudly “Well hello to you all….all you dibbuns I am here fer a quick visit and I bring snacks and friends, my Jungle bell friends!!”

Quade walks in slowly, a frown on his face as it’s clear he hates his new outfit and is trying his best not to tell his true feelings about it.

Zolomon is equally not too excited, “I hate this” He mutters. He tenses every time he steps and jingles the bells, he sighs loudly.

Zee looks back to the two helpers, luckily a couple novices bring in the Mint hot cocoa and cookies on plates and in cups and pass it around. Sugar cookies shaped like snowflakes and colored white and blue. The hot cocoa is still hot, but not burning hot since it’s for dibbuns. Zee whispers so only Quade and Zolomon can hear “Come on lads…look happy…fer de dibbuns lads and do the dance.” He smiles and steps away to pass out gifts, simple gifts like marbles and jacks sets, small stuffed toy mice that look like martin the warrior, small wooden block sets and here and there a new picture book. “Happy almost winter my friends!” He grins “I do hope you like the small gifts and snack, I can’t stay long and mot ta worry, The snow badger will return soon.” He leans on his staff  a moment and  takes a few deep breaths before slowly standing and looking back at the two jingle helpers.

Quade blinks “Dance?” He elbows the hare in the side when the word hate is said ”Hey…” He says quietly. He then whispers in his ear “What dance ?”

Zolomon grunts as he is elbowed “I…hate that de little ones have to go to bed soon but first the..umm…” He smiles a little “The Jingle Dance of the Snow Helpers….Jingle to the left and jingle to the right, it’s the best time of the seasons…..we jingle cause we are happy, we jingle all day long” He steps left and right and even does a cartwheel and for a short time is enjoying himself.

Zee smiles and even hands the novice small little gifts, scarfs for the cold weather, he has one for Oz as well and the dibbuns get one too. “I say I heard a story just before I came in….maybe Papa Oz can finish that tale.” He would sit but has his reasons to just stand quietly, his staff for support.

Oz nods and goes on with the tale”  Well as  you see, sometimes the Snow Badger does say Hi when in a good mood, like tonight….he will be back later after his work of frosting the land and windows, bring the snow is done. As without him there would be no  wintertime. No blanket of snow, white and deep. See the lands sleep in winter and then comes spring..with crops and flowers and birds. Winter is a time for sleep so things can be awaken again in spring, so without winter our lands would have no spring and soon be nothing….so all my dibbuns let the Snow Badger do his work, sleep sound tonight my dibbuns and let the snow badger roam free.”

The dibbuns grumble about bedtime but love the idea of snow, snow is fun…ice not as much but snow can be fun!

Zee watches and chuckles at his friends, he looks at all the happy face of the dibbuns and smiles more, as they come up to hug him and give him a kiss he smiles and holds back a few tears, he finally steps back and smiles “I..have to go me young friends. I…have a long journey to go to tonight….others ta visit….so Happy Winter to you all me friends” He then walks slowly to the hallway as a couple Brother and Sister beasts come to tuck sleepy dibbuns into bed.

Quade follows the hare’s led, but he doesn’t do the cartwheel and quickly exit into the hallway.

Zolomon bows and follows, he then frowns “I say Gramps…that was a bally mean trick wot?”

Zee just smiles “Did ya see the look on their faces, so happy….so very happy and full of joy. Those dibbuns loved us me friends. I do thank you fer your help…I do” He sounds very tried now and this has worn him out a great deal but he is happy, he pats the two on the shoulders, and pulls out a letter to give Quade “Open it tomorrow lad…..”He looks to Zolomon “The chest….on me bed…in me room. Meet ya at the fire pit lad and again thank you both for ya help” He then turns and slowly walks off, more slowly than he usually does, but the night is not over and he has a couple more things yet to do before he rests.

Quade takes the note and pockets it. When zee is out of sight he quickly takes off the robe with all the bells and drops it to the floor, he turns to the hare “We never speak of this again…ever Zolomon, we were never in those robes”

Zolomon nods as he takes his off also, he gathers the two robes up and nods “Agreed Q….agreed, I will just take these …well somewhere…and then I promised gramps to meet him at the fire pit. Later  Q!” And the hare is off. He gets the chest and heads to the fire pit and sits by the badger “ So as started ta ask earlier…..Entrust me with wot gramps?”

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2016-12-16 07:11:17 PM)

Board footer