Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-16 06:51:24 AM

Henry the Poet

A grim report OR A most inconvenient war - Sparra Civil War

~Setting~

The kitchen yard of Redwall abbey, Nine weeks after the start of the sparrow war, Day of the Summer Feast.

~Characters~

-Henry, Bird Bard of the Defenders
-Xander, leader of the Mossflower Defenders
-Krisha, Mute badger maid
-Aden, Squirrelwife

~WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES~

The abbey has been relatively quite, however all is not well in Mossflower wood. The Sparra Civil has not ended, and somewhere in Mossflower the enemies of Redwall gather. But the Pro-Redwall sparrows are not idle. As their Redwall hating counterparts grow stronger, the sparra of Redwall too gather allies of the coming battle. As of yet, neither side as made a move, but this lull will not last.
One side must strike!

Thus is the sparrow civil war...
__________________________________________________________________________________

Xander is sat at the potter's wheel, making some sort of vase...shapeing and reshapeing it and has been here maybe an hour or so. He flattens the shape for the 4th time and then slowly starts again.   

Krisha walks into the section of the yard and looks around. She smiles as she notices the small forge and starts to look at it, that is till she sees Xander and makes her way over to him standing close by and just watches him quietly.   

Near the two badgers land a tired and dusty looking Henry. The sparrow bard gives a quick salute to the leader of the MossFlower. “Greetings captain Winters, Sir,” he chirps tiredly.   

Xander shakes his head and goes to stand muttering something and turns around, he blinks as he notices Krisha and a smile slowly forms, he may be in a not so good mood but maybe the day won’t be so bad after all. “Hey...Krisha, I was just...helps me relax, lets just say bad morning but the afternoon should be better...the feast” He looks to Henry and nods “Hello Henry, coming to the Summer Feast?”

Krisha smiles, she waves to the sparrow and looks back to Xander curious but just nods as she doesn’t know much on pottery...the forge yes, but not the other.

The black throated bard blinks several time. “Be there a fest coming, Sir?” he asks perplexed.

Xander nods “Little later today, ealier there was a wedding...it was nice, had a slight intruption but other than that it was nice. The summer Feast will be great...food and music, games and fun.”   

Krisha listens and smiles, she gets out her pad and quill pen =I will be there and so will father and what would interrupt a wedding?= She shows the note to Xander. She wasnt around ealier today.

“I was not told of this,” says the sparra poet with a mixture of annoyance and sadness. There is a slight puses before he speaks again. “I am not sure if I can make it.” Henry says sorrowfully.

Xander nods “Its fine and all...most are welcome to the Feast.” He looks at Krisha note and sighs

“Just someone who will hopefully stay gone” He smiles “Nothing for you to worry on Krisha and the Feast will be fun”

Krisha nods and smiles a little at Xander. She watches the sparrow and for now puts her quill pen and notepad away.

Motherhood is hard. It's exhausting, really, and Aden is not well suited to it - but the squirrelmaid is trying her darndest with the three squealing, squirming, grabby-pawed babes clinging to her back. “Join I swear to the maker that I will give you back if you grab my ears one more - YEEOWCH! That's it, c'mere!” The silver-furred squirrel rounds the corner into the
Kitchen Yard with one red-furred dibbun giggling wildly, hanging upside down from an arm. The other two still hang from her back. “Oops, am I interrupting?” The housewife stops short of the tiny gathering with a shy little half-wave, her son still dangling from one paw.

The defenders bard looks sad at the talk of the fest. “Sir,” says the sparrow, “I have something important to report.”

Xander looks to the squirrel “Hello and no just some talking...” He looks to Henry “What is it Henry?”

“Sir,” declares the sparrow, “the foesparra is on the move! They number at lest Two Hundred strong! They will soon be upon the Loft!”

Xander frowns at this, “That’s....not good news. I can let the Abbot know....do the sparrows in the loft have aid?  Like fellow birds to help them?” He is concerned of course, “How close?” He is polite and answers Aden “Xander Winters....leader of the Mossflower Defenders.”   

Krisha frowns, lots of...birds, it's clear she doesn’t like too many birds around, she nods to the squirrel but doesn’t share a name right yet as other things on her mind.

The heck are the foesparra? Is there a bird war she missed out on? She doesn't think much of the sparrow ignoring her introduction, she's never got on that well with birds anyway. Aden blinks and stoops to scoop her brood into her arms. They seem undisturbed by this news and the only silver-furred dibbun takes to chewing on mom's arm. “Well that's just unnecessary.” Aden grumbles, pulling her off and putting her back on her back. “And Xander, you were but a wee babe when we last met. Now you're leading beasts? My how time flies.” A curious look is shot at the silent badger, Krisha. “You have lovely eyes, dear.” She clears her throat. “So are we, uh, going to war?”

“If the about needs to know Ironwood will tell him. Our reinforcements have not arrived yet. Which leaves us with about twenty able body sparra. The foesparra shall arrive within a week or two.” Answers the bard smartly. The sparrow turns to the squirrelwife. “The sparra are already at war,” says he, “and hopefully, Redwall will not be.”

Xander nods “Yeah...bad sparra agaist good sparra.....” Yeah confusing to some, he decides, for now, let Ironwood tell the Abbot as he knows more than he does “Ok...well hopefull the allies for Ironwood will come soon, there is Kurt but I am unsure where he is, he would help Ironwood”

Oh, well... Good on you lot, then.” Aden shuffles uncertainly and adjusts the dibbuns on her back. “I've got to put these monsters to bed, but good luck with the, uh, sparra invasion!” She salutes the two males gamely before turning on her heel and sauntering back to the kitchen.

“I return to the Loft,” says the sad sparrow, “the sparra must make ready for the coming assault.”

Xander nods “Try and keep some hope and also keep me updated”

“Farewell, Sir!” and with that, Henry takes off in to the sky.

~TO BE CONTINUED IN OUR NEXT!!!~

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#2 2017-07-16 06:52:33 AM

Henry the Poet

Re: A grim report OR A most inconvenient war - Sparra Civil War

Sorry this is late, I could not get to the computer for a week.

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#3 2017-07-27 12:52:48 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer