Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-13 03:45:47 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Krisha got kidnapped?! (Ferravale log)

A direct continuation of this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=366

SCENE:  Ferravale Chieftain's Office

CHARACTERS:  Patch, a male rat.  Blisa, a female cat; Ferdinand, a male ferret.  Ferro, a male monitor lizard; a spoofed weasel.

LOG:
Patch ran, one he wanted to get away from the blacksmith's place....just in case the monitor went a little too insane and of course update trouble on the road, he stopped by the door and took a little while to catch his breath and then knocked

Blisa is sitting at her desk, working on paperwork because that's a huge part of the work a Chieftain has to work on.  Ferdinand is sitting in a corner, his recurve bow and quiver full of arrows leaning up against the wall while he sits on a stool and works on his loom.  He's making something blue.  They both look up at the sound of the knock, and then the cat calls out, "Come in!"  She and the bodyguard are pretty well armed, so she figures that they'll be alright.

Patch pokes his head inside and gulps a little as he slowly enters "Umm...thar...seee.....there is a weasel who may or may not get eaten or torn apart..."

Blisa raises an eyebrow.  "Okay, what?"  she sets her work aside and fixes the rat with an intense stare.  "Who is going to eat the weasel?  Where is this?  Why didn't you get a guard to stop it?  I'm sure there's one nearby."  She's assuming it's a tavern brawl or something along those lines.

Patch frowns and then speaks "Stop a monitor?  ...Yeah right I will just ask him to kindly not be peeved off..."  He then gasps, wait what if he blames someone else "Oh no...I left stripy thar....not that he was peeved off at him....he was peeved off at the weasel...and the weasel's friends...see the weasel was left behind by the stoat, couple foxes and couple other weasels on the road."

Blisa resists the urge to roll her eyes.  Ferdinand is still looking patient as he goes back to the thingy he's weaving.  "And what, pray, were the weasels and foxes and stoat doing on the road that would make a monitor mad at them?  And who is the monitor that is angry?  And where did you leave your friend?  Please use beast's /names/, thankyouverymuch," the cat adds, trying to keep her impatience and grumpiness out of her voice; it only works a little.

Patch frowns and backs up a little, in his mind an angry chief is worse than an angry monitor...  "The vermin...ummm group guess have his daughter, the...forgot his name he is the blacksmith and the one weasel was the knocked out and so me and str...Xander brought him back to the village and yeah Xander is with the Blacksmith"

Blisa poufs up a little.  "WHAT?!"  She shrieks.  Ferdinand sighs and stands up, grabbing his bow and arrows and slinging them over his shoulder.  "We have to go at once!  I hope Ferro hasn't permanently injured the weasel; oh my Heavens, we have to get more information so we can get his daughter back!  Come on!"  And she quickly exits the room, her bodyguard close on her heels.  She's just assuming the rat will follow her; why wouldn't he?  An angry monitor can't be that bad....right??

SCENE CHANGE:  Ferravale Blacksmith's shop

Ferro has grumpily told everyone to leave, not that the place was full of beasts just a couple, and there was a ferret who was wanting a dagger sharpened and will have to wait as the monitor has a struggling weasel upside down...  "Answer me...." His voice is not calm as the weasel shivers and gets a hiss in the face.

Patch pokes his head inside and looks around, he frowns at the sight of the monitor and looks ready to flee away from the shop, "Umm...well s...s...stripy seems not here let me go find him...yeah find him"

"Nope, you're staying here since you were a witness of what happened on the road," Blisa states, walking into the shop, Ferdinand close behind.  "Ferro, please put the weasel down.  Patch told me that your daughter has been kidnapped, and I want to help.  We can tie up this weasel so he can't get away while we question him.  Okay?"  Her voice, though authoritative, is gentle, or at least as close to gentle as she can get.

Ferro narrows his eyes and hisses, he looks ready to kill the weasel, he shows his fangs and the weasel faints and then is roughgly dropped to the floor as the monitor's tail moves back and forth, "He needsssssss punished for hissssssss crimessssssss......"

Patch whimpers, why stay? He sighs defeated and stays by the doorway "But......." He shakes his head "Ok...fine...was a sort of ambush and not like something could of been done de stoat had a knife at her throat, you don't charge at that sort of thing, claimed his boss wanted an exchange"

Blisa nods as Ferdinand goes to drag the weasel over to a nearby chair and tie him up with some rope he grabbed on the way here.  "I agree, and he will be.  But first we need information from him.  Don't worry, I won't let a beast who kidnapped one of the residents in my village get away with it.  We'll do everything we can to rescue your daughter."  She pauses and listens to what the rat says.  "An exchange?  We have no hostages or prisoners, and we would give food and shelter to whoever needs it, whether they pay for it or are willing to work for it.  What on Earth could this kidnapper want?"

Ferro looks to Patch, he heard some of this earlier, he calms a little....but only slightly, "Xander...and Patch..ssssssaid earlier some...boss of a stoat wanted a mouse or ssssomething"

Patch frowns "Yeah he said bring the mouse maid and he would give back that badger maid.....someone named...ioooh" Think darn it, a name was given right? "Cynthia and didn't say his boss's name but stripy seems to have an idea of who may be, he also said not for me and stripy to follow him and he be at some bridge at sundown for this exchange of beasts, the stoat said that  as he seemed sort of in charge but seemed to care less about the weasel here"

Blisa furrows her brow.  "Cynthia?  Isn't she in Redwall?  *Sigh*  Ferdy, would you please see if there's a blackbird nearby who can take word of this to the Abbey?"  The ferret nods and goes outside to look for one of their bird messengers.  "Well, hmm.....maybe we can do a decoy and after the exchange, rush them while somebeast gets the badgermaid to safety?"  She's not so sure that's the best idea in the world, and her voice betrays it.  "I won't give them anybeast, much less an Abbey resident; who knows what they'd do to her?"  (To find out what the bird told the Abbeybeasts, read this: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=368 smile )

Ferro says, "I have no clue......ssssssssemed to be...ssssssems this...who ever wanted her brought from abbey to him...." He hisses and makes a fist " I sssssuggest we find the foes and....teach then a lesson""   

Patch stays by the door "She...was during the wedding and that feast...darn good feast too...anyways the wedding did have someone interrupt it and they got tossed out of the abbey cause of it" 

Blisa frowns slightly and thinks for a few moments.  Ferdinand comes back in.  "I thent a magpie to go tell the Abbey."  The cat nods, then says, "Somebeast interrupted Cynthia's wedding, huh?  What did they want to do that for?  They.....that might be a clue of who did this."  Her ears twitching slightly, the Chieftain turns and says soothingly, "Hey, whoa.  I know you want to go swooping in to rescue your daughter, but I think that would only guarantee her death, and we want to prevent that.  Whoever did this seems serious, and we need to proceed with caution."

Ferro snorts, he is mad...and getting madder   
Ferro says, "The lasssssst onessssss to hold her captive....meet death....they didn't see death 'til wasssssssss too late and they fell one by one and I wassssss willing to die to sssssssstop them from living""   

Patch looks pale....yeah this monitor is so fun to be around, so friendly and....ummm nope. "C..C..Can I Goooo now?" 

"No you're staying you're fine," Blisa states quickly before turning to the monitor, ignoring both Ferdinand's nervous look and the fear that's starting to rise up within her, memories of when she was held captive by a horrible fox and his monitor lizard army long ago....  "Yes, but these beasts will probably expect us coming and kill her the moment you got there!  You can kill them /after/ we get her safely out of danger.  But we need a plan to save her first, or she'll die, and you probably will too!"  /FOR THE LOVE, why is this lizard so hard to reason with?/  the cat thinks silently in her mind. 

Ferro is very protective of his daughter and it shows as claws and fangs show and then he takes a deep breath and hisssses one of those long hisses..."Fine.......we make plansssssssssssss" He controls the urge to push her aside and just storm off, he has weapons...like he needs them.

Patch whimpers..."But.....we don't know where they went...by the river maybe?" He sighs and sits down as he may as well, "Should I find Xander?" Yes he used his real name, he can use real names when its important after all "Or...we handle this...or the lizard...or you?"

Blisa sighs.  Plans.  Yeah, that's not exactly her strong point.  Oh, where's Bandit when you need him?  "Hmmm.....yes, go find Xander. If you can't find him, then come back, please; we will probably need your help."  She turns and glares at the weasel captive.  "Maybe knowing where the base is will help us with our planning..."  She hopes so, at least.

Ferro still looks willing to kill the weasel when he wakes up and groans, seeing the monitor glaring at him he screams loudly, a hiss makes him stop as he shivers "You...will sssssssssspeak" The weasel nods quickly.

Patch nods and heads off to find the badger!

Blisa swishes her tail back and forth.  "Where is your camp?  Answer me truly, or I'll let Mister Lizard at you, and I'm pretty sure any threats he's made against you will be carried out.  By him.  And I won't stop him."

Ferro looks at the weasel. His fangs show as does claws,  yeah best to speak.

The weasel tries to scoot away and finds he can't "Its...its at river but the boss would just kill you, kill you all cause he has that badger maid and you wont get her back with an exchange....'cause Hook does as the boss wishes"

Blisa ignores the warning.  "/Where/ by the river?  And why does he want Cynthia?  Who is your boss?  Is Hook the stoat who took the badgermaid, or is that the name of your boos?"  Hey, she's liking teaming up with the lizard!  Maybe he can help her interrogate all her other prisoners from now on....

The weasel seems unwilling to go on till he looks at the monitor who seems to be low on staying calm and shivers "Yeah yeah...Hook is the stoat and I don't know the boss but he offered a lot of money...some mouse with a broken paw, seemed real eager to get the mousemaid and take her to some place called Halyard or something ......." He shivers "It's all I know....please don't feed me to your monitor!!"

Blisa thinks for a moment, then nods.  "I think he's telling the truth; Ferdinand, please get a guard to take this beast to a holding cell until I'm ready to do something with him."  Ferdinand sighs a little, but nods and sticks his head out the door and hails a passing city guard.  "A mouse with a broken paw....hmmm.....I wonder if he was the beast who interrupted Cynthia's wedding?  I wonder....I wonder if we could find a beast about her size who can fight and who'd be willing to be a decoy, a fake Cynthia?  So we could pretend to do the exchange and not have to worry about Cynthia being in the path of danger....and get your daughter out of danger, too, of course," she hastily adds.

Ferro snorts at the weasel "I have missed lunch......" The weasel faints. The monitor smirks "Not that I eatssssssss meat...but do keep it a ssssssssecret." He frowns "Another.....mouse? What mouse be willing to and would not be noticed as fake?"

Blisa nods, smiling slightly.  "Don't worry, I won't tell a soul."  As the village guard comes and goes to carry the weasel away, the Chieftain turns to Ferdinand.  "Who do you think would make a good double for Cynthia?"  The ferret doesn't need to pause and think.  "LilyMoore, DoraRothe'th daughter.  Lily and Cynthia may not get along very well, but thince the married Lily'th brother, the'd do anything to help keep Cynthia thafe."  Blisa frowns.  "But DoraRose may not let her....does Lily even know how to fight?  Maybe we could find a rat, instead...."

Ferro just listens he doesn't know many beasts as he mainly stays in the forge, the only reason he even went to the feast, for a little while, was his daughter asked him to.

Blisa thinks for a few moments more.  "Maybe DoraRose would work as the double...she's a bit small for a mouse, so maybe she and Cynthia are close enough in size that it would work....you've met DoraRose, haven't you?"  This is addressed to the Blacksmith.  "She's a Warrior mouse, and a member of the Defenders.  She can use a bastard sword and a battleaxe.  She has brown fur and blues eyes, and is also the Gatekeeper of Redwall.  I would trust her with my life, and the lives of those I care about, in a heartbeat."

Ferro nods "Briefly..yessssssss...but not many in the abbey I ssssspoken to....ssssssome ssssssee me as......well...fear me ssssssso I sssstay only a sssshort while, went to feast 'cause daughter assssked, ssstayed....sssshsort while"

Blisa nods and goes back to thinking.  Ferdinand nods.  "Many beathtth have irrational fearth, and aren't willing to give creatureth a chance to prove themthelveth ath truthtworthy."

Ferro nods, he then shakes his head "I needsssssss back to work...mind offf thingsssssssss.....please find Krisha and get her back sssssafely I trust you chief Blisa" With that he decides to get back to his Blacksmithing and a couple beasts are glad of it, course he does close early and debates on going out himself and then decides not to as the last thing he dares to do is risk his daughters life.

Blisa does everything she can to do just that!

~*END*~

Will they be able to save Krisha in time?  Will the decoy work, and who will be the decoy?  WILL THERE BE KOOL-AID?!  Keep watch for new logs to find out!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-07-13 03:59:26 PM)

Board footer