Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-07 08:14:11 PM

oz

Summer Feast,Summer of Song's Awakening.-Part 2 -Redwall Log

Benar settles back down after his speech and takes a long drink and reaches out for a large bowl of nut cluster salad and digs in!

Minsc ventures out of the guest room, he has yet to say this abbey is home and has had his own up and downs the past season......seasons really but he doesn't share much of his past with any beast.   

Xander gets some food and drink for himself and even some for Krisha so she doesn’t have to get up unless she wants to.

Krisha smiles as she nods her thanks. She has yet to speak, then she has been quiet for a long time, she does have her notepad but it’s put away so she can eat some food and have some drink. She smiles enjoying the time here.

Lacota sips his cordial in silence, watching the novices bustle about.   

Cynthia gets up to get something to drink, some salad and soup and some pasties as she smiles . She is happy and even if the day was almost ruined earlier, right now is perfect.   

Gorvenalus smiles "Minsc my friend......isn’t this lovely? Friends...fellowship....this could be our home you know my friend. but if that’s not your choice I will respect that but I am staying, an old beast like me can’t really travel places anymore."   

Oz helps the dibbuns get their food and some juice and then, only then, gets a little food and something to drink for himself before sitting down.   

Patch gets some ale and some rice cakes, also some bread and fish to eat.

Leafeyes is happy with tea and maybe a salad..yes and a little cake. There is cake right?

There is cake of course, wedding cake that all can have as well!

Zolomon rushes in and almost trips over a novice as he mutters “Sorry! I am late..so so sorry Oh good there is food left!” He gets some salad, veggies, fish, balances some soup and crackers, oh and cake and some apples and a little ale to wash in down, he will get 2nds and 3nds when he is done!

Xander watches the hare and shakes his head “Walking stomach”

Benar smiles quietly and leans over to wave at Lacota, "I would say you have out done yourself today Lacota, the food is magnificent. Did the lack of a Spring feast leave you itching to cook something special? All of this is amazing."   

Minsc gets a little salad and a roll " I ....do not know yet. This home?" He sips some October ale.   

Ferro takes a deep breath and walks towards Krisha and Xander, a couple beast watch the cloaked beast" Krisha...Xander, hello"

Xander smiles "Good to see you came Ferro...stay and get something to eat and drink"   

Krisha stands to hug Ferro and then sits down again.

Lacota refills his glass, and nabs a scone of his own, scolding a novice for tasting the soup he's supposed to be serving to the Elders. "I would say most likely yes, Benar. Of course, we also have guests, and I'm just vain enough to want to show off..."   

Benar says, "Well Lacota nothing wrong with showing off your skills to our guests," He refills his tankard and then helps himself to a soft drink as well as some gypsy tart and custard, "I would say everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and Cynthia has agreed to sing.”

Cynthia is talking with beasts, smiling at a couple and every so often a quick nibble of food and then a drink before slowly standing to get ready to sing, some music will be provided after a quick chat with a couple beasts she spoke to earlier to help.   

Gorvenalus sighs but nods to Minsc" Do as you like Minsc, I will not tell you what to choice just a suggestion is all" He gets some food and juice to drink.   

Oz nibbles a tart. The dibbuns giggle and watch an otter do a trick that’s funny to them.   

Ferro sits down, a couple mutter as he shakes his head....yeah he is here, not a threat and is staying....least for now. He gets some fruit, yep that’s a surprise, and a roll.   

Minsc stays quiet as he eats his meal. Not gonna speak with anyone right now.   

Lacota bites into his scone, watching his daughter as she begins to sing.   

Cynthia smiles as she starts to sing, a soft caring soft but one she hopes helps others even as she learned a lot while she was away and...well now she is back.
“ I'm here to show you who I am
Throw off the veil, it's finally time
There's more to me than what you think
And now I feel my stars align
For I had believed what I was sold
I did all the things that I was told
But all that has changed, and now I'm bold
'Cause I know
That I am just a simple beast
I make mistakes from time to time
But now I know the real me
And put my heart out on the line
And let the magic in my heart stay true
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
Just like the magic inside of you
And now I see those colors
Right before my eyes
I hear my voice so clearly
And I know that it is right
They thought I was weak, but I am strong
They sold me the world, but they were wrong
And now that I'm back, I still belong
'Cause I know
That I am just a simple beast
I make mistakes from time to time
But now I know the real me
And put my heart out on the line
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
Just like the magic inside of you
Just like the magic inside of you...”

Benar settles into his chair, watching and listening to Cynthia singing, nodding his head along to her tune as she serenades the whole feast with her voice. Everyone is falling silent, listening, smiling, watching, it is a pretty song.   
Caleb smiles as he listens.

Krisha smiles, she likes the song she leans against Xander as she listens.   

Xander listens to the song quietly, as does most of the abbey as beasts eat and drink and enjoy the feast.   

Ferro says, "She sings good"   

Edson eats some more food and smiles at the music

Minsc quietly listens to the song as he gets some ale and goes to sit in the orchards by himself, he needs some time alone, a lot on his own mind.   

Oz smiles as he listens, even the dibbuns are quiet during it, one does sneeze but that’s all

Gorvenalus sighs as Minsc walks off, he doesn’t follow and stays where he is listening to the singing and the music.

Lacota sips his cordial quietly as he listens.   

Cynthia finishes the song and smiles to all the beasts as some clap. one even cries a little. She then goes to sit back down as she is not the only one who has music today.   

Lacota claps as well.   

Krisha claps after the song and smiles, otherwise silent still but clearly enjoying the feast.   

Xander says, "Cynthia always was a good singer, I remember her singing in the orchards before"   

Ferro nods"Krisha....use to sing before...." He sighs and shakes his head. He stands “I will be at my forge, do see she gets home safe" With that he heads off, besides some may be uneasy around a monitor they know very little, to none about.

Gorvenalus finishes some soup and some bread. He is enjoying meeting new friends but does worry about Minsc, yet he lets his friend go off to be alone for now as it’s good to have time to one's self to think at times.

Oz says, "I say this day has been good, a slight disturbance this morning but then things got a lot better and this is surely one of the best feasts "

Lacota makes his way over to Cynthia again. "I, er... Wanted to tell you I'm happy for you and Caleb." The squirrel smiles. "I...apologize, for not being at the wedding... I should have been." He looks up at the sky. "I've just, ah, always been rubbish at weddings, even my own..." He chuckles, sadly. "This is a happy occasion."

Xander says, "Yeah but the problem was taken care of and I am glad the day turned out well"   

Cynthia goes to hug Lacota "Its fine, you were busy and your forgiven.....sides, you may of wanted to punch someone earlier had you been there the whole time" She smiles "And your still and always will be my father"

Krisha lays a paw on Xander's shoulder, she is curious what happen and could always ask, well sort of more like write a note later and find out what happen earlier.

Lacota squeezes his daughter. "Aye, I was busy, but still..." He shrugs. "Anyway, you and Caleb come see me later. I have a little something for the happy couple..."   

Cynthia smiles "Thanks dad, we will...maybe in the morning or well before bed works even"   

Gorvenalus goes to get up, he needs some rest, he nods to the two mice and smiles "Congrats and many happy seasons for you both" He then excuses himself and heads inside, he can talk to Minsc later.

Xander sips his drink and stays quiet as the feast starts to slow down. There is the dancing still but he isn’t going to dance, just watch   

Lacota most certainly will not be dancing, either. He's too...dignified. "Come, friends, there's still more food to be had."   

Cynthia smiles she will have a dance with Caleb now, she can get a little more to eat later

Caleb smiles and dances with Cynthia, a slow dance and he seems  ok, not perfect, but still ok and he has practiced a little

Lacota starts supervising the cleanup, now that things are winding down.

The Summer Feast goes well, beasts have fun and some dance for a couple hours before everyone finally heads to their rooms to allow full clean up to happy.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer