Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-29 04:04:08 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Within the Snake Pit..... (Long Patrol log)

A direct continuation of this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=342

SCENE:  Somewhere on the Western shoreline...

LOG:
Felicity's eyes widen as they enter the room.  She smells the real meat smell and tries to not gag, or even look like she wants to vomit everywhere.  She nudges the vixen and whispers in Tuscanian, "Empty table?  I am not going to gamble, but I am so hungry I could eat the cards...."  She trails off as she sees the bigger door in the pit below.  "Uh.....do you, uh, know why they call this the 'Snake Pit', by any chance?"  She suddenly actually /sounds/ nervous, instead of only /being/ nervous and hiding it....

The fox's glance at the pit is long with out pausing to reply. Finally she turns away from the hare, leading them to an empty table, "Let's hope we never find out why."   
It only takes a few moments between Rioko planting her tail into a chair before a waiter appears. A sleek looking weasel in a uniform greets them with a friendly smile. "Good evening!" He says, "I don't believe I have seen either of you here before. Is this your first time?"   
"Er...yes! First time. All quite...overwhelming." The weasel's smile only grows at the vixen's comment. "Perhaps something to eat or drink will help you both settle in. Tonight we are serving Roasted Robin, Steak, or the Chef's Special. If you order now your meal should arrive before the Festivities begin." 

Felicity plops down in a chair beside the vixen and listens wide-eyes to the weasel's chipper announcement.  "What's in the Chef's Special?" she asks, making sure to speak only in Tuscanian, using the accent that she heard DoraRose use when the mouse was speaking in this language.  Hopefully he'll not understand it and the vixen will actually translate it and not be a brat.  Also, Festivities?  The haremaid is thinking that she absolutely does NOT want to know beforehand what this is all about.

The weasel blinks before replying with a smile, and in Tuscanian. "A rack of ribs seasoned with our signature sauces." He stands there, expectant for an answer. The fox can be seen behind him, biting her lip as she wonders if Fel will break their cover with her Long Patrol sensibilities.

Felicity bites her own lip to keep from looking like she's FREAKING OUT.  "Oh my word, I couldn't possibly decide!"  She replies, still in the language of the East.  She now hoping that she doesn't actually say a word that's not being used anymore; the book she was using is a tad out of date.  (Tad=it's about 50 seasons old.)  "I going to have to think about it.  What do you have to drink?"

Rioko may not speak the language well enough to follow but since the weasel isn't freaking out and declaring Fel a hated Long Patrol veggie eater then she must be doing good. "Um, excuse me. I'll have the steak. Does that come with a salad?"   
"But of course!" He says in basic beasty speak. "Tonight we are serving your choice of wine, ale, mead, or water."   
After the drinks are ordered the waiter departs to place their meal, leaving Rioko slumping forward over the table clutching either side of her head. "We are in waaaaaaaaaaay over our head." She says, tail curling between her legs. "This was a BAD Idea. Why did I let you talk me into this!?" 

Felicity orders ale because she's not an imbecile.  "I call dibs on your salad," she grumbles in Tuscanian.  "And I didn't talk you into this.  It was your idea because you're a greedy lunatic."  Kicking the table leg, she sniffs and adds, "And how was I supposed to know that some o' the beasts 'ere know this language?  Not my fault..."

The fox only whines, "I knoooooow." Her head slumps further to the table. "Oh who am I kidding. This is all my own fault. If I just...just walked away we wouldn't be in this mess. And now we are in the very center of a vermin gambling den. How are we supposed to reclaim my fortune now? Eh?" Rioko begins to sniffle with her head burried in her arms.   
(A few moments later the waiter returns, "Bon appetite! Your steak will be out shortly!" He deposits the salad on the middle of the table before departing again. It is a scrumptious looking salad filled with green vegetables, onions, cruotons, cheese and...chunks of cooked and seasons /meat/. It's hard to tell at first what animal the meat comes from. It almost looks like bird but...the texture is...different.)   
"Lizard." Rioko sniffs the air. "That's lizard that is." She pauses, "Not that I would know what cooked lizard looks like of course." And laughs nervously, tapping her paws together. 

Felicity rolls her eyes.  "I hate you right now."  She peers at the salad.  "Is there any food you hate and refuse to eat?  Next time we go on an adventure, I'm goin' to make you eat that....and if you don't mention fox meat, I'm going to hurt you....."  For not growing up with Tuscanian, she certainly speaks it well.  "I wonder if there's a way I can sneakily get some of the salad without the meat and have nobeast notice....."  She's hungry, okay?

The music abruptly stops, cutting off the fox's snark reply. All eyes fall upon the beast that enters through the front door. For a monitor lizard he is rather small, and a bit rounded about the edges, but his burly upper torso speaks of strength hidden by a silk shirt and vestment. "Good evening gentle beasssts." The lizard twirls his cane before slamming it down in front of him, resting on it.   
Despite his business attire the lizard has a series of jagged scars running down his muzzle. "Allow me to welcome you each to my humble abode." A series of light chuckling fills the air. "I am afraid that the gladiatorial combat has been canceled tonight. But don't worry...we have a /NEW/ event to fill your need for wonton destruction."   
At the snap of his claws the exits are closed and barred. With a feral smile, "Tonight a select few uninvited guests are going to get a close one on one meeting with the Snake Pit's main attraction." He says with a feral smile. 

Felicity's widen.  Glancing at the vixen, she tries to communicate with her gaze, 'We were actually invited, right?'  But other than that, she keeps an easy-going, expectant look on her face.  Entertainment of a different sort?  Great!  That's what she's trying to communicate with  her facial expression and body language now.  Not her thoughts, which are more along the lines of WE ARE SO VERY MUCH DEAD AND IT'S ALL RIOKO'S FAULT I'M GONNA KILL HER.  That's what she's /actually/ thinking and trying to not show.  She may or may not be slightly paranoid of Rioko tricking her...

The vixens heart stops as a pair of burly henchbeasts move through the crowd towards the unwelcomed pair. They stop short however at the car tables, grabbing a pair of rats and dragging them towards the pit. Despite the vermin's pleas the guards unceremoniously toss them into the pit. They both scream as they land hard on the sand below.   
"My grandpappy always said there are Vermin, and then there are Vermin. I never understood that saying until I had beasts try to cheat at our wonderful card tables." The reptile laughs. Walking by the guard he swipes a small dagger from his belt, tossing the single weapon into the pit. "But I'm a fair beast. I'll let you all bet on which one of these cheaters will earn the right to live...and which will not. Go ahead lads and ladies! Who will win!" The betting begins immediately as the two rats, one with orange fur the other grey stare at the single blade between them and then each other.   
The fight begins shortly afterward... 

Felicity hadn't realized that she had been holding her breath.  "Okay, we are not gambling /ever/," she says as she turns back to the table cracking her knuckles to hide the fact that her paws are shaking.  Lowering her voice to a level that is barely audible to the vixen beside her, much less to anyone else here, "You didn't steal our invitation, right?"  She slips money out of her pocket, making it look like she's making a bet with her friend about the rats.

~*TO BE CONTINUED.....*~

Did Rioko get the invitation legitimately, or are our 2 misfits the next beasts who are going to be thrown into the pit to fight to the death?  Stay tuned!

Board footer