Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-14 08:27:54 AM

oz

Redwall Log:Saying Goodbye To Uncle Zee

=Song to listen to while reading log=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD2efqQ0c0E

Redwall Log:

Oz-Badger Father,Papa Oz, caretaker of dibbuns at Redwall
Zee- An old ancient badger that has after this log recently passed to the dark forest
spoofed-Sister Jenny

RW Abbey: Badger Mother's Room
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The room you enter is rather neat and almost spartanly furnished, quite a visual contrast if you entered from the cluttered Dibbun's room adjacent.  The warm red of the sandstone walls is the primary motif, broken in only a few places.  There's a small leaded glass window for light, a bed (rather massive, which might give one a hint at it's occupant) with a coverlet of brightly dyed and woven cloth and a small table with a chair; this is holding a small pile of books and papers, a candle in it's holder and a couple odd Dibbun toys that ended up there somehow.  The only real ornament in the room is a middle sized, carefully framed parchment: a charcoal and ink drawing of some group or family of badgers. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Zee walked slowly to the doorway and stopped, he then knocked and let himself inside to peek at the sleeping figure inside, “Ozzy…Oz?” He asked in a quiet voice.

Oz opened his eyes and listens to the voice “Uncle Zee..what is it, I do not believe it’s morning yet” He yawns and looks ready to go back to sleep.

Zee walks over and lays a paw on Oz’s shoulder” Wake up Oz, got ta talk boy.” He then sits down in the soft chair Oz  has in here.” Would of went ta me….room but ya room was closer and down stairs instead of up…don’t like going upstairs, lot easier going down.”

Oz sits up and tilts his head, “Uncle Zee…you feeling alright?”

Zee answers “No Oz…but tis ok, today has been a great day and has left me cheered. I spent time with family as well as friends, even got to tell a couple stories and have some pie. I have lived a long good life, though guess de past season had its close times, but de dark forest didn’t get me….well as you know one can’t cheat death forever and that includes me”

Oz frowns as he listens “You mentioned you wanted to talk, about what?”

Zee shrugs slowly “Life…”He smiles “I remember when you were younger, you would enjoy my stories and I believe you never did stop likeing them. Heck I remember when you were born, Powell and Kate were so happy, and that brother of yours was excited as well”

Oz chuckles “ I wish I had more time with my parents.” He sighs “I was so young when they died that winter.”

Zee nods “Yes you were, and you had ya brother to get ya through hard times, and you had friends as you do now you have friends, and still will have Xander and maybe Zinnia will visit”

Oz nods “I miss her, but I know she is safe and happy where she is. I wish she was here as I believe Xander needs her.”

Zee nods “You know….never told any beast this, even Zork…. Uncle Soot knew….he knew he would die that night he died, he even told him he felt death coming for him, he made me not tell your brother, so  I didn’t…maybe I should of checked on Uncle Soot, but didn’t….your brother found him and I didn’t find out till later that morning that Zork had spent a couple hours with Uncle Soot…he took soot’s death fairly hard….but he recovered.”

Oz nods as he listens “ I know, I was one of the beasts that helped him, even if I wasn’t around as much…..I had been a hermit for over 5 seasons before that, still was a hermit for another 3-4 seasons…Zork  came to me and Maxtor’s hut every so often, spend an hour or so and then leave,  maybe once a month just to talk…..I am glad he came to live here after I had been in the abbey myself for a few seasons.” He does seem worried “You think…Xander will be ok?”

Zee frowns “The lad will be ok, he will be. He has you, and the abbey beasts.....to help” The old badger sounds tried before adding “Your be ok as well…right Oz?”

Oz listens to Zee as he talks, “I….I will be ok.”

Zee smiles weakly, “Good….good lad. Benar has my…will and I left….left clues and such ta help Xander find the Blade of The Northwind Storms…he finds it…he has earned de right to wield it and I have faith he will do well……….just make sure de lad isn’t alone when he…..learns of……me passing”

Oz nods “I will make sure.” He reaches out a paw to lay in on Zee’s paw.

Zee leans back in the chair and his eyes close half way, he looks at Oz’s paw on his before speaking” You are…..de oldest in de….de clan now…Ozzy. Think ya can….can handle that boy?” His voice grows quieter.

Oz answers “I can….” A tear escapes his eye, “I can handle it yes.”

Zee smiles “Good….goood…” He is quiet a short time before speaking again” G…goodbye Oz” His eyes then close one final time.

Oz takes Zee’s pulse knowing he will find none, but he seems to just confirm it as tears go down his face. He lets go of Zee’s paw and stands up before getting his walking staff and going over to Sister Jenny’s room, which is by his “Sister Jenny, please allow no one into my room besides Brother Leon and Abbot Benar…..and inform them I have the day off” The sister looks concerned “Is everything ok Oz?” She goes to follow him as he answers and she frowns “Uncle Zee just….just died”

Last edited by oz (2016-12-14 08:30:09 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer