Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-29 03:21:54 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

OOC building credits? O.o

What, pray, are OOC building credits?  I've been collecting them since I joined a touch over 5 years ago and I honestly have no idea what they are or what they're for.  Can someone please explain this to me? smile

#2 2017-06-29 03:57:21 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Re: OOC building credits? O.o

OOC building credits are a relic from the old days of the MUCK (and MUCKs in general). Used to be called pennies.

Every time you @dig a room it costs like 10 credits; to @open an exit is 1 or 2 credits, etc. Credits allowed folks to freely build but limited them from bogging down the system with junk rooms and objects. Some non-building commands also used credits (pennies) in the past, but most of those costs were dropped from the current MUCK codebase. Because computers are much more powerful now, admins don't need to tax players for using commands.

If you're in the middle of a project and run out, Otter can give ya' more as needed. But IDK that I've ever seen anybody run out. XD

#3 2017-07-06 02:17:58 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: OOC building credits? O.o

Oh, okay!  Thank you smile  That clears it up some (although I'm still ignorant about building anything other than a character, but that's another issue for it's own forums post).  Thanks big_smile

Board footer