Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-22 03:54:24 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Gorvenalus is sad :( (Redwall log)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey library.

CHARACTERS:  Gorvenalus the male beaver.  LilyMoore the female mouse.

LOG:
Gorvenalus has kept himself busy the past day and a half, he has begun to write some info he has gathered and his thoughts on his time here so far. A couple scrolls are near him updating some records here, he wasn't asked to do this but has decided to help the abbey and a couple abbey beast seemed ok and happy about a much needed break from writing. He has also not been outside the room for a day and a half either.

"Gorvenalus?"  LilyMoore opens the door to the library and pads over to her friend.  "Hey, are you okay?  I haven't seen you for a few days.  ...what are you doing?"  She looks at a scroll filled with writing. 

Gorvenalus dips the quill pen into the ink and then goes to writing again. He responds after a couple moments "Greetings I was...writing, helping update the abbey's history as it was needed since some beasts have fallen behind, but then again times have not always been the best, but things are improving and that is good"

LilyMoore drags a chair over and sits beside the beaver.  "But I haven't seen you for a few days.  Have you gotten food at different times than I have?  I've missed you."  She carefully picks up one of the full scrolls to look at it better.

Gorvenalus frowns "I have gotten a bite to eat a couple times. I have just spent some time alone to....to better think" He stands to put away the ink and quill pen with a sigh and looks around the room he is in "I suppose spending one's time in one room mostly is not always a wise choice to do"

LilyMoore looks up at her friend.  "Hey, are you okay?"  She sets the scroll down.  Does he look sad?  He seems at least a little pensive, or lost in thought, or something, at least to her.

Gorvenalus allows a tear to fall from his eye and down his cheek and wipes it away. He spent some time crying earlier, " I shall recover...all recover from all things given time even if one doesn't always understand why "

LilyMoore goes to lay a paw on her friend's arm.  "Well, whatever it is, I think the way to recover from it is probably to talk about it, and I do my best to listen and I try to understand.  So what's wrong?"  Her brow is furrowed, and she is concerned for her friend.  She'll help him in whatever way he needs.

Gorvenalus keeps the frown "Minsc...has left. I know not where he is just that his mind is troubled and he refuses to allow me to fully help. He said goodbye and walked away....away from..."  Great, he is good at keeping calm and under control, but even one such as him can break at times as he slumps into one of the soft chairs and lets the tears flow silently.

LilyMoore does for the beaver what she would want others to do for her: she goes over to him and goes to give him a hug.  That's all for right now.  She doesn't reply, doesn't try to offer answers or advice or suggestions.  She just goes to hug him, letting her own concern and sorrow show on her face to let him know that she is offering him empathy -- reaching into the hurts of her heart and trying to understand.

Gorvenalus does allow the hug but doesn't hug back and that's ok too sometimes as he finally finds the will to speak again "Minsc and me have been friends for a long time, I knew him since he was a small one or what you call dibbuns....he misses his homeland, as do I, but refuses to find home elsewhere"

LilyMoore listens.  "I'm sorry.  That sounds stressful and saddening.  Thank you for telling me."  Keeping an arm around his shouders, she sits on the arm of his chair. 

Gorvenalus says, "I should go look for him as I worry about him as he is like a son to me, we been through a lot and this land is still new to us"

LilyMoore shakes her head emphatically.  "You're not a Warrior, you could get hurt.  Hey, we can tell my mom and my uncle, and maybe a few other people; I know Momma and Uncle Emyuil would go look for him."  She tries to get him to look at her.  "And he's a Warrior, too; I'm sure he'll keep himself from getting killed."

Gorvenalus nods "Minsc is skilled yes but doesn't always think before he acts. He gets angry easily now a days" He does look to the mousemaid "It is true I am not a warrior and refuse to lay a paw on a weapon if I was told to to save my life, even while in the cell I did not try and to harm a guard or even Quade...oh Quade...the main cause of most of the troubles of the past few seasons. I've seen alot, as has Minsc...too much that some here would...well never wish to see and hopefully never will as Quade didn't get a chance to do as he wished, he slipped a couple times as power does that to a beast and he was lost to darkness"

LilyMoore nods.  "Yeah.....Quade was an awful beast.  And his guards were so mean....*sigh*..." after a few moments, she goes to give the old Abbot's shoulders a squeeze.  "I guess we just need to trust, and hope that he'll be okay.  Maybe we can let Blisa know to keep a look out for him..."

Gorvenalus tilts his head "Blisa?" He seems to not know that name but is quiet "He may head to where the Defenders are to....let them know he is leaving or maybe he won't I do not know I am getting to old to go off and follow him who knows where and it seems he doesn't want some slow old beast around anymore"  Yes he is feeling his age now as his eyes close "Maybe......"

"Blisa is the Chieftain of Ferravale," Lily explains.  After a moment, she murmurs, "I'm sorry.  That would make me feel hurt and sad and rejected. I wish I knew what to do or say that would help...."

Gorvenalus says, "I could go there then again he may wish to not see me and I am unsure how well I could travel there, then the roads are a little better"

LilyMoore shakes her head slightly.  "If you think you can't manage the trip very well, then you probably shouldn't try, Gorvenalus.  Let's let the Warriors try to find him, okay?  I'm sure he'll be fine, and maybe he'll find somebeast who can help him that he'd be willing to listen to.  Okay?"  She really wants him to not even try to go out and risk death and loss of limb.....and just a dirty habit.  She mostly just wants him to not leave Redwall.

Gorvenalus nods "Prehaps.....Xander, maybe he will listen to him as he is leader of the Defenders and Minsc is...or least was....in the group. I know Minsc still has loyalty in him and a kind heart, he is just confused and lost right now and has lost hope...hope is hard to gain and easy to lose at times"

LilyMoore nods.  "Yeah, maybe Xander.  And I believe you; hard times can hide even the kindest and most loving of hearts."  She gently kicks the side of the chair repeatedly.  "I almost lost my hope for a little bit...I think that was part of Quade's plan."  After a few seconds, she adds, "He was nuts."

Gorvenalus answers "Quade was...yes, he wanted to destroy everything and not sure what gain he believed he would have, he had planed to kill Abbot Benar and I am glad he did not get that chance and that he was stopped. I think Quade was beyond help and maybe never was a good beast as he falsely showed he was good and did fool some but not all"

LilyMoore nods.  "Momma called him pathological once.  She said that means that a beast can lie believingly and nobeast can tell, and the liar has no sense of shame or guilt; they literally don't care that nobeast can trust them.  They believe that they'll never be found out."  Lily shakes her head.  "I think you're right; some beasts you can never help, and thye need to be locked away or killed to keep them from hurting others.  It's really, really sad..."

Gorvenalus sighs "Death should not have to happen to anybeast I dislike....death and have never killed in my life, even fishing I dislike and always tell others only kill the fish for food, not for any other reason"

LilyMoore nods.  "I don't even eat fish or shrimp anymore; they are beasts just like us, and they have the right to live, just as we do.  Besides, the Abbey charter says that we shouldn't kill except out of self-defense.  So killing other creatures for food sounds to me like a direct breaking of the charter."  She sighs and adds, "But sometimes killing somebeast is the only way to stop them, unfortunately.  Oh, I wish there was no evil in the world; then we wouldn't have to worry about any of this!"

Gorvenalus says, "I do not think fish and shrimp count as otters eat them but only for food and not for some sort of game. "

LilyMoore shrugs.  "I think they do, but that's just my conviction.  Nobeast else has to agree with me."  and she is honestly okay with that.  She goes to give him another hug.  "Speaking of eating....I'm getting hungry.  I wonder how close it is to tea time?  You should come with me!  Being around friends can really help when your life isn't going very well."

Gorvenalus nods "Yes a meal would be welcomed and wise to have and I have not ate much in the past couple days"  He chuckles a little.

LilyMoore grins. "Okay! C'mon, then! Ohmigoodness, I really need to go; I'm supposed to ring the bells!!" The mousemaid is now all in a tizzy as she realized that she forgot he important job! The last job that Lorimis gave her actually: Bellringer.   
LilyMoore goes to grab her friend's paw and lead/drag him to Great Hall, and then she runs to ring the bells for tea time...just in time, too. She was almost late! 

Gorvenalus lets her lead him to the Great Hall and then to where ever the meal is, he eats fairly well  and even has a couple helpings of some food.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-06-22 03:56:47 PM)

Board footer