Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-17 06:17:55 PM

oz

Your Past Should Be Your Teacher Not Your Master

==Gorvenalus has a talk with Minsc==

RW Abbey: Library
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The library has never looked better in seasons as shelves have been
repaired and so have tables and chairs. The once empty sleeves now
have more books in them and not only that the books are in an ABC
order and arranged by subject  to better find what one is looking for.
The beautifully crafted windows are well cleaned.

This gives the library plenty of light during the daylight hours. The
room has a high vaulted ceiling. The flagstones of the floor are cool
and smooth, and echoes are sometimes heard when beasts walk. Brass
lamps containing short, fat little white candles provide enough light
for reading. Some books are still being mended but being working on
getting on the shelves. The backroom is even very clean and organized
as well. Books were found in the attic and some from Ferravale were
added that the Ferravale beast had maybe two copies of something so
gave Redwall one of the copies for the Redwall library, all in all a
lot of hard work has done wonders for the library.

On an Oakwood desk is the charter laying inside a clear glass case for
all to see. The glass case keeps it safe and clean. Some other chairs
large and small, wooden and soft, have been placed in varies places
in the library and a pile of covers and blankets sit in one corner
with a few pillows as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gorvenalus was sitting in the library looking through the history logs and seemly learning what he could of the abbeys history and of the area.

Minsc walked up and stopped beside him, asking “What have you been reading?  You been up here many hours the past few days.”

Gorvenalus smiled “History of this abbey and lands, it has its sad times, happy times and its dark and sunny times. This abbey has been though a lot and talking to others there is some things yet to be recorder for others to listen to as its read or to read it themselves”

Minsc sighs “So, that’s for beasts here, not for us Father Gorvenalus. It’s not our history, ours was sadly burnt and destroyed and van never ever be read again”

The old beaver nods “This is true, only you and I have that knowledge and can pass it down to others if they are curious. I may help them, write down some things not already written down in the histories, I know a couple Abbey Brothers and Abbot Benar keep track but I am sure help would be welcomed”

Minsc shrugs “Maybe but this is not our home and never will be”

“Why do you have these feelings Minsc? Why can a place never be home? Home is where friends are, loved ones are”

Minsc sighs “Our loved ones are dead, friends from OUR abbey are dead, our home is gone, destroyed, bunt to the ground by that crazy Quade who I tried to track down and then we were caught and trapped in a dark cell for 5 SEASONS!!!”

Gorvenalus frowned “Please quiet your voice this is a library Minsc”

“I don’t care, we are visitors here only and it’s time we left” Minsc states

Gorvenalus studies his friend “Your part of the Mossflower Defenders, it would be wrong to just abandon that”

Minsc snorts “So..like I planned to stay in the area. I didn’t!!!” I DID NOT!!” A abbey Sister starts to say shhhh and then eeps as the hamster yells “WHAT!!!!” The Abbey Sister quickly leaves the library.

“Minsc” The old beaver says softly and is calm, “That was not needed my friend.”

Minsc folds his arms over his chest” I felt it was and again..THIS….IS..NOT..OUR..HOME”
Gorvenalus takes a deep breath “It can be, we have new friends here, we have nowhere else to go and we can help many here. Perhaps I can help with knowledge and healing when needed and you your skills of a warrior.”

Minsc shakes his head “You’re not listening old man..then you never do anymore why do I brother, your just old and set in your ways. Maybe you can stay but I am out of here. This will never be…home.” He shakes his head “Ours is gone forever and I never got the chance to even get revenge or to die trying, another slayed Quade and got my blade back”

“The past should be your teacher, not your Master.” Gorvenalus says calming and goes to lay a paw on the hamster’s shoulder “ You are so full of stress and anger is trying to get to you. Please stay…I can help and so can new friends”

Minsc slaps the paw away and steps back “No, I don’t need your help, I don’t need anyone’s help and don’t go and say oh the past is the past or whatever teacher..master….whatever.I don’t want new friends..I don’t…” He steps away and heads to the doorway and then into the Great Hall and on outside.

Gorvenalus quickly follows “Minsc..wait”

Minsc turns his back to him and keeps walking, he gets Furyblazor and says two words before exiting the abbey, “Goodbye Gorvenalus” And then he is gone.

Gorvenalus  feels the tears go down his face and doesn’t bother to stop them.

Where is Minsc going? Will he return? Stay tuned……

Last edited by oz (2017-06-17 06:19:32 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer