Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-14 05:41:20 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Food, Chats and A Zee Tale !

Rw:Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.
The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.
Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Contents:
Message Board

Zolomon was already inside the Great Hall and in his paws two apple pies, also some scones, rolls and a small bit of cheese that he sits down.

Zee walks in slowly and sits down ”Zolomon…ya really should not eat so much” He smirks “And not share lad”

Xander walks in after leaving the large fish in the kitchens and waves “Hey Zolomon, how are you doing” He goes to hug his friend.

Zolomon frowns “I will have ya know I brought two baskets of apples to replace the pie, and…oh hi Xandy!!” He  returns the hug then  catches Zee’s statement and grins “ A beast after my own heart, I feel like weeping” He quickly gets two more pies, blackberry pies in fact and lays them on the table.” Two apple and two Blackberry pies to share chaps”

Zee smiles “Pies always make a good meal my friend”

Xander chuckles “I could eat pie, it’s good especially Friar Lacota’s pies”

Caleb wanders in and frowns “You guys shouldn’t eat Lacota’s pies without least asking first. He will be upset and most likely make you do dishes for a month”

Zee smiles “Calm yourself Caleb, all will be well your see”

Xander gets a slice of pie and some mellow crème on top of it and eats the pie, a small glass of greensap milk to go with it, that he sips every so often.

Zee grinned “How about a story while we eat, this is a good one in fact bout this group of vermin I helped a couple warriors defeat, in fact it were me First time in Mossflower, many many seasons ago”

Zolomon smiles “A story, I love stories”

Xander decides to listen, as does about 4-5 other beasts.

Oz goes to stand” Well you tell that I think I will head upstairs.”

Zee speaks “Sit Ozzy, ya not heard this one before”

Oz sighs but sits down to listen”

Caleb sighs but listens, maybe it will distract the hare from the food he figures but he is still keeping an eye on the hare.

Zee starts “Well this was me first trip into Mossflower, tis too bad no group like the Mossflower Defenders were around, but there were good fighting beasts and I meet a couple good ones, so let’s begin shall we………..”

========================================================================================
Zee Winters was walking in an unfamiliar area, a wooded area in fact that he wasn’t used to as he lived in the Snowy North and most of the trees there were pine trees. He grinned “I should travel more often, or get my brother Powell to travel.”

Not too far from  where the badger was  a hare and a mouse, and they were studying a dead ferret with a black rose on its body, but at the same time the ferret had an odd tattoo on its paw of a  3 claw marks  that look shadowy over an arrow facing two different directions.

The hare spoke “Odd I say B, odd indeed. But the black rose is clearly The Black Rose slaver group, no bally clue wot de tattoo on the ferret is, vermin are strange sometimes ya know”

The mouse sighed “Jake…please” He looks around “Maybe we should get back to camp, something tells me it’s not wise to stay here”

“Indeed” Says a voice as a tall black furred cat appears and snaps his fingers, and the two are surrounded by a dozen various vermin, weasels, rats and a couple foxes. It was the leader of the Black Rose.

“Quickclaw” Says the mouse as he draws his blade, “I would leave before you regret it”

Jake had only his longbow and glared as he got into a more serious mood “I say Bastien…we should teach all these vermin a lesson”

Quickclaw just smirked “I am not here to fight, or capture even though you two would make great additions to my slaves, no I have an issue with a more dark, more dangerous slaver group I see as a threat, The Shadow led by Snart and they need stopped, we team up and after wards go our separate ways”

Bastien and Jake looked at each other and slowly back to the cat.

Zee walked up “I fer one am against slavers, all slavers cat. My first thought is maybe they shouldn’t team up with you, or maybe they should but some terms are agreed to from both. Either way the hare and mouse have my help in wot ever needs fighting and I offer my rapier.” 

Quickclaw narrowed his eyes, “Well a stripedog how…wonderful”; He clears his throat “As I was saying, a truce, for the time being, I will not try and harm you as long as you don’t try and harm me. Beside whom would you rather see causing trouble this…Shadow group or the Black Rose?”

“Never chap” Jake said as he looks ready to punch the cat.

Bastien steps in front of the hare “Wait Jake, this is not how to handle this” He glances over at Zee and back to Quickclaw “Besides we have a badger here now, so what are your terms Quickclaw?”

Zee crosses his arms over his chest “Yes badgers are good fighters, so who is this Snart beast, wot does he look like?”

Quickclaw answers “A wolf, and leads a group of rats and ferrets, not too large yet. As for my terms, that’s easy….none of my group harmed by you three, and no trying to look for slaves, which I don’t have any more thanks to do gooders and any slaves around that wolf has.” The wolf was seriously ruining the cat’s business, but he hid his thoughts well.

Jake just grumbles” Fine but one slip and an arrow goes in ya, no questions asked, nor a warning feline” His tone showed he was very serious.

Bastien keeps an eye on Jake as he nods “I do agree with Jake….this best not be a trick Quickclaw, so do you know anything else of this wolf…and what is a wolf?”

Zee answers “Sort of like foxes, but taller and more muscles, better able ta handle cold and usually not this far south”

Quickclaw just smirks “Well, he is this far south, now I need to go” He snaps his fingers and heads off with his group.

Jake speaks up right away, “I don’t trust that feline, never did and never will B, he is bad news”

Zee watches the cat and the other slavers leave before speaking “Well I be glad ta help against this Shadow group. My name is Zee Winters”

Jake grins “Jake Lafur Foreston Lakewood Johnston III”

Bastien goes to shake the badgers paw “Bastien the warrior, it’s nice to meet you as we don’t see many badgers “

Zee grins “Well tis always good to meet new friends on one’s travels.” He shakes both their paws “So let’s take care of this Shadow group and if need the cat’s group as well”

The three friends then went to a campsite and had dinner of fish, bread and some wild greens, and tried some tea that Zee had made. They then sleep for the night, and got up the next morning.

The morning was like most morning and they on patrol

“I say” Jake said “We are finding nothing, I need a vermin to shoot with an arrow”

Zee frowns “Is he always this trigger happy lad?”

Bastien nods and sighs “Sadly yes, but no friend is more loyal than him and I trust him with my very life”

The only warning the wolf gave was a low howl and then the friends found themselves surrounded by rats and ferrets, an evil grin lit up the wolfs face “Looks like I have 3 new slaves….knock em' out Ratface!”

Ratface, strangely a rat, he spined a blow dart pipe around as he and 2 others shot the darts at the hare, mouse and badger.

Zee was a little harder to knock out, it took about 4 more darts to do it, weapons were collected to be placed in a storage area and the friends were dragged off to Snart’s slave cell.

Luckily, or maybe not so lucky, one of Quickclaw's beasts saw them captured and went to tell Quickclaw who at first laughed insanely and then calmed himself” Well as much fun as this sounds we should go rescue them now, let us go I have an idea where The Shadow’s lair is.

Zee was the first to awaken and right away disliked the place. No windows and only one door, it made him seriously edgy “We need to…get out of here…l…lads”

Bastien groans, “Headache…bad headache”

Jake was semi-awake and watched the badger “Guessing ya  dislike  closed in places chap”

Zee closes his eyes “Yes…But I be sure we can get outta here….well somehow”

Bastien looked around the cell” Wonder where we are, I don’t remember seeing any buildings around or placed where a group of vermin could hide”

Jake shrugged” Most likely hidden well, not like they WANT found B”

Zee frowns ”Dealed with slavers once in de northlands, I hate slavers”

Bastien nods “Agreed, well hate to say it our only hope is ..is Quickclaw” It was like the name was painful to say.

Jake sits down “Yep…we are so doomed”

It wasn’t long before Snart came and first grabbed the hare to drag him off to an area for questioning “Now answer some questions, where is Quickclaw I saw you with him, see he killed one of my beasts and he needs to pay”

Jake shrugs “Gee…no clue sorry pal, then again you’re no pal of mine”

Snart smirked “Ok…”He nods to the two ferrets “Take him away….kill him.” He grins as the hare struggles “Get the mouse….”

Jake cussed up a storm and kicked and even bite the ferret to his left, outside they thought it would be easy, oh they were so wrong and a beast..two in fact, died, and neither was the hare. ”Now…the fun begins.” He slipped off down a darkened path but he had clear plans to return.

Quickclaw walked along the path along the river, always alert he watched for trouble.

Jake stepped out of the tree line, a stolen longbow in his paw” If you’re looking for the wolf, he is not far down the path, you did say we would work together and ya best keep the promise chap….you would not like to get on my bad side”

Quickclaw jumps backwards and glares at the hare as he listens,” You best stop with demands long ears, I owned you once hare, but yes I did promise to help, let’s go”

Snart and Ratface was just about to slice Bastien’s throat when an arrow flew through the air and caused the  ferret to drop dead to the ground instead, an archer on the wolf’s side was on alert.

Jake meanwhile had slipped into the hallway, killed two rat guards and opened the cell, “Miss me chap?” He smiled.

Zee was just glad to be out of the windowless cell, he shakes his head ”Took long enough lad” He soon found his rapier and nods “Let’s take care of some vermin”

The battle between the Black Rose and the Shadow was losing beasts on both sides, also Bastien was injured, not too bad but he would need a healer, Quickclaw lost the tip of his tale but kept fighting.

Ratface was not a fool, “Retreat!” He and what was left of the Shadow ran off.

Snart growled and yelled “Fools!” He then grinned and went to slip behind the badger “Least I get to kill a stripe dog!”

Jake saw what was happening and fired off an arrow towards the wolfs backside.

Quickclaw meanwhile finished off a rat that had fallen behind.

Zee was too busy helping Bastien, he heard the wolf, but he wouldn’t be able to fully get out of the way in time.

And that was not needed as the arrow found it’s mark deep into Snart’s back, he died with a surprised expression, the battle was won and the side of good was the winner.

Jake quickly rushed over “B!” Worry in his voice, “Ok we need to get him somewhere…let’s go!”

Quickclaw watched and backed away into the night, he keep his promise, but next time he seen those woodlanders it would be as enemies, not helpers.

The friends made it to camp and Bastien’s wounds were tended to and he was resting, other wounds were tended to as well among friends and former slaves.

Jake smiled “Luckily B’s mother is a healer”

Zee nods as he rubs his shoulder “Yes a healer that is easy to contact is always useful, my mate knows some healing skills as well.”

Jake smiled “So ya gonna stay in Mossflower my friend?”

Zee shakes his head “Got to get home to my mate and newborn son, but I may return…I am a wanderer at heart, but not so much I stay away from home too long. Perhaps we will meet again or maybe I will meet a son..daughter, heck some relative some seasons later, one never knows”

Jake chuckled, the new friends talked until almost sunrise and then each went their separate ways.
==============================================================================================

Zolomon smiles “You meet my Grandfather….cool!!”

Zee nods “Yes, I guess I did….was a long time ago though lad”

Xander smiles and his stomach growls a little as he frowns.

Oz stands “Well I do need to head upstairs, I have my dibbuns to tend to. Goodnight all” He then heads on upstairs.

Zolomon grins, he waves to Oz and turns to Xander and Zee “I say chaps……chow time? We do still have pie to eat after all lads, we shouldn’t let it go ta waste, wot” Zolomon takes a whole apple pie  and starts to munch away at the pie , ”Tell the friar he is a great cook, the best cook in Mossflower!!”

Caleb sighs, “I should go find him and tell him what you’re doing.”

Zee gets a blackberry pie and eats it quietly, he does stop long enough to speak to the young novice “Now Novice Caleb,  I will have a talk with Zolomon…ok…deal lad?”

Xander gets another slice of pie and listens to what is said quietly.

Zolomon frowns as he looks at the badger “Now..gramps, please it’s just a pie and you wouldn’t have a lecture with a poor hungry young hare would ya?”

Caleb sighs and storms back into the kitchen, he will stay quiet….for now.

Zee watches the mouse head off and looks to Zolomon ”Now lad, he is right ya gots to respect the friar and not just take pies or whatever else from the kitchens. There is a whole abbey to feed, though there is a good deal of food and your lucky it’s not some ration season or something. Now I say let it go tonight, no more food from the abbey kitchens tonight.”

Xander yawns as he is tried, it’s been a long day for him “I think I may go on to bed, night all” He starts to stand and head to the stairs.

Zolomon nods as he sighs “But…us hares…I am hungry not ate in a few hours gramps..come on please, some more pie or scones…soup???”

Zee starts to answer the hare but then motions Xander to come over to him, ”Wait a moment Xander…come here lad” He goes to open his arms for a hug.

Xander walks over slowly, he goes to hug his Uncle and smiles his half a sleep smile.” Night Uncle Zee…I am sort of tried.” Thus should make the hare happy, “Zolomon you can have 3nd pie slice I started to eat but didn’t”

Zee hugs Xander and keeps the hug for a short while before speaking softly”  I…love you…..goodbye Xander”

Xander smiles “Love you too Uncle Zee …” He does pause “Your still be at the abbey in the morning right Uncle Zee?”

Zee nods “Yes lad”

Xander nods and hugs his uncle one more time, then heads on upstairs where he will go to sleep fairly quickly.

Zolomon grins  and takes the pie, “Thanks Xandy you’re a true friend, indeed a true friend!!” He then makes the pie slice disappear.

Zee watches Xander head upstairs and then turns to the hare “I need ta discuss something Zolomon, I have something ta entrust ya with: He stands slowly “Follow me lad to the fire pit”

Zolomon nods as he doesn’t ask what or why, he just follows the old badger till they get to the fire pit and sits down ”Entrust me with wot gramps?”
Rw:Firepit
------------------------------------------------------
This is a small strip of land between the pond and the orchards which is bordered on one side by a portion of the Abbey's southern wall. This particular section, while well built and sturdy, is obviously much, much newer than the sections to either side of it. The ground is clear of almost all grass and weeds, and is somewhat uneven, still bearing deep ruts and impressions that have not yet been worn away by the rain. The center of this area contains a large firepit lined with flagstones and encircled with log benches.
---------------------------------------------------------

Zee sits with some pears, honey and candy chestnuts. Enough for two beasts so one each, and he has some of his ale spiked tea.” And these be from Ferravale….but on a more serious note”  He points to a chest,” You keep that safe, keep an eye on it. Xander will one day…oh 2…..months or so…well hopefully before winter is over, come with a key to open it”

Zolomon looks at the chest “I can keep it safe but why not just give it to Xandy ya self gramps?”

Zee answers “Tis a test, inside tells him where to go next and gives a key to the next chest. I have given all the others, even buried one chest and this be de last on to give, not the last one ta find but the last one I need ta give out.”

Zolomon looks a little confused “And it leads too…and can I help?”

Zee shakes his head ”He needs to do this on his own, and if he succeeds he finds the family blade, The Blade of The Northwind Storms” He hands him a pear coated in honey and chestnuts and some tea as he stays quiet for a while.

Zolomon just nods “Alright, if ya say so gramps” He then gets concern “You ok, ya being real quiet suddenly” He tastes the tea and coughs a little “Strong tea…” He eats the pear in a few bites.

Zee answers “Just thinking of the past, mine mostly. I been through a lot in my many many seasons” He takes a long drink of tea and pours himself some more tea. ”And that’s me green tea with a hint of ale, tis good yes?”

Zolomon drinks the rest “Its…ok gramps, guess not much of a tea drinker me self “

Zee nods “That’s…good lad,  all beast be different tis wot makes one special and not like another, always be you lad and never try to be like some beast else”

Zolomon smiles “Trust me gramps, I like the way I jolly well am”

Zee nods as he slowly stands, he leans heavily on his staff, he takes a deep breath before  he straightens up slowly.

Zolomon walks over “You ok gramps?” He sounds concern for the old badger” You look really tried, like a lot bally more tired than you usually are”

Zee answers quietly” I will rest soon…..but need ta tend to something first before…before I sleep”

Zolomon nods slowly ”Ok the gramps, you get some good rest then…k?”

Zee nods “I promise Zolomon…I will get plenty of rest.” He then heads on inside slowly, every so often leaning on the staff a couple minutes and then once more walking again.

Board footer