Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-10 02:40:01 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Talkin' in the orchard on a loverly late Spring day... (RWA log)

SCENE: Redwall Abbey's first orchard.

CHARACTERS:  Minsc, a male hamster.  Gorvenalus, a male beaver.  LilyMoore, a female mouse.

LOG:
Minsc walks among the trees of the orchards, the orchards have shade for one and it seemed a good place to think seeing as not many beasts walk around here this time of the year.   

Gorvenalus sits under an apple tree, eyes closed and sitting in a meditate position. His ear twitches as a butterfly lands on it and he seems not bothered by the bees nearby at the skeps. 

LilyMoore is walking through the orchard, too, thinking her own thoughts and worries about all the things in her life, past and present.  She pauses and watches another butterfly flutter by, the look on her face softening from one that is troubled to something more akin to a smile.  She has yet to notice the other beasts here.

Minsc does see the mousemaid and walks over "Hello there, out enjoying the day....it's ok I suppose" He then sees the old beaver but stays where he is.

Gorvenalus is still meditating quietly and seems to not know any other beast or living thing is around him for the time being.

LilyMoore jumps slightly, her blue-hazel-violet eyes widening.  "Ah!  Oh, Minsc, hi.  Yeah, it's....it's a nice day, actually.  I think it's pretty out here."  A bee flies hurriedly past on its way to one of the skeps.  The mousemaid sighs softly.  "I hope your day is going well..."

Minsc nods "Yeah, been a while since seen a summer day"

Gorvenalus opens his eyes "You sound troubled young one, and Minsc is correct it's been a while, least for some.....to see a nice sunny day, any good day needs treasured and shared with others, come sit with me both of you"

LilyMoore sighs again.  Seriously?  The beaver's almost as good at noticing these kinds of things as Oz is.  She walks over and sits beside the old Abbot.  "I'm sorry.....Quade must've had you captive for an awfully long time."  She picks a flower (after checking and making sure that it didn't have a bug in it, of course) and looks at it.  "I'm glad my uncle killed him."

Minsc shakes his head "Quade was insane. I really wanted to be the one to slay him but didn't get the chance, he...he took so much...toooo much from me" He makes a couple fists and closes his eyes, just trying to calm down.

Gorvenalus listens "DO breath Minsc, anger clouds the mind and gets one no where and Quade is...no more, he is no longer among the living and you once more have your blade" He then offers a smile to the mouse maid "What is on your mind child? And even though one is evil, one should never be glad of death."

LilyMoore sighs again.  "But now that he's gone he can't hurt anybeasts anymore.  And...." she bites her trembling lip to try to not cry.  "And I still have nightmares about him.  It was really scary in that dungeon....his guards were so mean to me, and...."  a tear trickles down her cheek unheeded as the memories come rushing back to the forefront of her mind.

Minsc is breathing, but he takes a deep breath and exhales slowly and sits down with a sigh." Bad dreams are no fun, seen someone have a bad dream...bout something else, wasn't sure to wake him and decided to wake him. And yes I know talking helps and at least you were not a captive for 5 seasons"

Gorvenalus frowns a little but  then nods "It's the past and the past cannot harm anyone. The past will always be there and sometimes pain, but it can lessen after time  and one can have hope. I may feel down but I am not dead....I am alive and I have new friends, friends are also important as well as family to get one through the hardships of life"

More tears trickle down Lily's cheeks.  "I just wish the bad memories would go away..."  ignoring the hamster's 'at least' statement, she whispers, "I hate change, too....why do beasts have to get married?"  She won't tell them that it's her brother getting married; she'll keep it a secret until he and Cynthia announce it to the rest of the Abbey.

Minsc blinks "Married?  Well they don't...have to, I mean it happens it say beasts fall in love and want to .....well"  Ok he is lost and clears his throat "Anyways that has nothing to do with life problems really."

Gorvenalus frowns at Minsc and looks back to Lilymoore "I am unsure how to answer your question child perhaps talk to those involved, love can be an odd thing....it can save lives, help one be brave, love is a powerful thing and change is not always bad"

LilyMoore glares at the hamster. "You're not being very helpful....it /is/ a problem in my life, so there!" Turning back to the beaver, she adds, "Well, that's true....I'm brave because I care about others. But what should I do if I'm sure that one of the beasts involved doesn't want to talk to me?"   

Minsc controls an urge to grumble back, in stead he stands and storms off.

Gorvenalus frowns as Minsc walks off and shakes his head "He has much...unrest in him" He then looks to the mousemaid and offers a slight smile "Talk with them, why do you assume they wish to not talk with you?"

"'Cause I bit her once and had every intention to kill her 'cause I was so mad at her,"  Lily says matter-of-factly.  Yep, that's why.  "She had tricked my brother to leave Redwall and he almost died, and I didn't know that she had tried to save him after she did that, so I bit her."

Gorvenalus listens and nods "Did forgiveness happen? It would seem her and your brother love one another and that she is a caring beast if she saved him"

LilyMoore scowls.  "Well, they say they forgave me.....but how can I be sure?"  She hasn't forgiven herself, that's for sure.  "I think she only tried, but....but that's the problem.  I don't want them loving each other; I just want things to not change.  Caleb promised he's still be my best friend, but I'm afraid he'll get so distracted that he won't keep his promise...." she trails off as she realizes that she just spilled her twin's secret.  "Please don't tell /anybeast/ about this, please!  I wanna let Caleb and Cynthia be the ones telling beasts..."  Ooopsie-daisy!

Gorvenalus hmmms "I suggest...talk with her as well, if they are to wed then they will wed it would be unwise to stop them as I am sure when you wed one day your brother would not stop you but wish you happiness"

Gorvenalus chuckles "You may wish to wed one day. I said the same thing when I was young and then meet my love..."He sighs a little sounding sad as he finishes "She was a light in my life, blowed out too soon"

LilyMoore looks sad again, but this time it's for the beaver, and not for herself.  "By Quade?"  She asks quietly.

Gorvenalus nods slowly and is quiet before speaking " And....a lot more was taken. It does take time to recover and one can lose hope but if even a speck is there, a spark then....it can grow into a bright flame again"

LilyMoore nods and goes to hug the beaver.  "And if hope is gone, then it can be refound," she whispers.  "I'm sorry that life has been so hard for you.  Hey, Marek sent me a gift; wanna see it?"  If he agrees, she's gonna lead him to the gatehouse to show him the bell that her friend gave her.  If he doesn't want to, well, then, she'll just hang out with him here.

Gorvenalus smiles "Maybe later I wish to meditate for now" Which he does and later he does go to see the gift she mentioned.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer