Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-09 05:32:22 PM

oz

Advice-Redwall Log

Log
Oz-Papa Oz and caretaker of the dibbuns
Xander-Leader of the Defenders
Some brief spoofs of dibbuns and Sister Ginny

RW Abbey:Great Hall
----------------------------
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.
The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.
----------------------------

Oz just finishing a math lesson with the dibbuns and listened as they followed Sister Ginny elsewhere and started to put away the pebbles and some beads he keep for counting and math lessons, he also had shapes made of a simple wood and all brown he had placed in a box next to him

Xander waited till the dibbuns were out of the room before he walked over slowly and waited to speak, he would allow Oz to put away the stuff on his own as he most likely had his own system of putting them away.   

Oz finished placing things away and spoke "No need to be silent Xander, I heard your foot paws but no talking, what is it you need, its fine to speak when I am cleaning up after a lesson." He places the last small cloth pouch of beads away and closes the box.   

Xander clears his throat "Hold out your paws palms up if you would" He waits for a reply   

Oz arches an eyebrow but does as he is asked "For what reason Xander? What is it you have or up to something maybe?"   

Xander says, "No up to anything..well guess" He lays a staff in Oz's paws. it’s a thick staff and good for walking when needed but also for fighting as well. Its surface smooth and simple design if one saw it, good to lean on, walk with, fight with and use whenever. “I had one made in Ferravale after...you know your old one was broken"

Oz feels the staff and stands back to test its spin and a couple other moves. He also leans on it and smiles walking a little around the room and back to the other badger to give him a hug "Thank You Xander, I don't always require one indoors till mainly winter when ice can sneak up on me, or when my knee is bothering me which mostly is winter but can happen other times as well. Outside I do take one with me at all times, just in case...though I rarely leave the abbey, but I do plan to pick some wild strawberries with the dibbuns and maybe some other berries from the woods"   

Xander smiles and returns the hug "Your welcome Uncle Oz. Well now you have a staff if it’s needed." He smiles and then sits down nearby and after a while drums his fingers along the chair arm.   

Oz listens as he walks over and stands in front of the younger badger "Something is on your mind . I may be blind but I don't need to see to know something troubles you....your walk is slow and your quiet and your drumming your fingers along the arm of the chair. Also your voice tone changed just slightly"   

Xander sighs as he looks to his Uncle and speaks "Well...I suppose" He places his paws in his lap, goodness how goes his Uncle do that.."Ok I just am unsure how to help Krisha..she doesn't speak and Ferro says she hasn’t for like 2 seasons, she seems to trust me or least think she does. I...I would like to think of her as a friend or possible friend and I want to help her"   

Oz lays a paw on Xander's shoulder "Well, the best thing to do is give her time, maybe ask Ferro for more details, if he is willing, on his thoughts and you said she seems to trust you, that’s good. Just give her time and be kind, smile, spend time with her...help her gain more friends if she is willing. I only meet her that brief few minutes and seems she trusts fellow badgers.” He smiles "Reminds me a little...of your mother, she trusted no one when she first came, though unlike Krisha she could speak and trust me she spoke her mind. She also didn’t trust many past...well Zork she trusted first, not me right away in fact she kicked me and called me a blind fool and got picked up and taken away by Zork..course she was 4 seasons when she first came here and it took time to show her friendship and trust, I do not know Krisha history...your mother's was rather hard, she had been a slave that escaped and was saved by Zork who later adopted her."   

Xander listens as he is always curious of any stories about Zinnia and nods " Well...I know Ferro saved her from his tribe when she was a newborn and adopted her as his own, I think he ....may of not spoke to many or let her, I don’t know...and he mentioned the tribe found them and took Krisha for an amount of time and he found and saved her, but he almost died. Krisha got him to some hedgehog that helped him and her and then made their way here. Maybe the lizards did something, but Ferro also said the hedgehog, who was a healer, said there was no physical wounds to prevent speaking so...no clue why she hasn’t spoken for a long while, she does write or shakes her head yes or no...but no words"   

Oz nods "Maybe then, I have heard of beasts who block out certain memories that are painful, we may found out in time...if she trusts you then your help, things such as this is not an overnight thing...no problem is solved overnight"   

Xander says, "I know, I am just at a lost on what to do...how to start. "   

Oz shakes his head and takes a deep breath . "You have started.....what you’re doing now, a smile...a tour of the abbey, talking to her about your day maybe. Let her go to the tavern with you or Defender base maybe. I would help but it may be rather hard not seeing if she only writes and doesn’t speak, I also can’t see yes or no replies though I know beast use them around me sometimes and I wish they wouldn’t just nod or shake their head...give a no or yes reply with it. Most know...visitors not always"

Xander says, "well you don’t appear blind to most till they get in front of you. You walk all over and know beasts who are nearby, it’s neat how you do things like that or know if one if down or upset"

Oz grins "Well I have been blind a while now and learned to catch sounds or foot paws, all are different as well as voices...and I knew even before I was blind how tone of voice gives ones feelings away...or a sigh ever so often weather is a happy one or sad one, it’s not hidden well. Now some beasts can be mono-tone and I right away feel uneasy around them...had a member of the family always have a mono-tone voice and it was never found out why, I trusted him but never knew if he was happy,sad,mad or what, his name was Hyde...good name as he was a lot better hermit than I was hid better and never was found, and he knew where I was...one way Uncle Zee found me when our Uncle Soot died"

Xander frowns, his voice low , "I miss Uncle Zee...and Mom also." He goes over to hug Oz and just lets some tears fall, "Guess one never...stops missing a loved one huh?"   

Oz places his arms around the younger badger "No" He replies "They do not...I miss them also, I still miss Zork and even my mate and child and that was many many seasons ago they died but I think of them sometimes. Its ok to miss beasts . But you can use your past of losing a loved one to help another as you have an idea of how they may feel and what they are going through, so it better helped them to share what you did maybe to get over something such as that, then one never fully gets over it...don’t think there is such a thing as 100% getting over something. Each event in our lives shapes us and makes us who we are"   

Xander listens and gives his uncle another quick hug before stepping back "I...I may know how to help Krisha now or least better help her, thanks Uncle Oz"   

Oz smiles "Your welcome Xander....now go find Krisha and spend some time with her"   

Xander nods "Ok I will" He then heads off towards the entry   

Oz slowly stands after Xander heads off and smiles as he is glad to help, he then goes to get some mint tea and maybe some scones

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer