Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-08 04:33:13 PM

Leon

Brother and Sister Chat-Redwall Log

LilyMoore is in the gatehouse loft, sweeping and dusting like she told DoraRose she would. The window is open to let in the fresh air as the maiden drags the broom across the floor, making a pile of dirt in the middle of the floor, which she then sweeps into a dustpan. She then dumps the stuff into a bucket and starts sweeping again. Outside, it's a beautiful day. Her bird friends are singing cheery little songs, and the sounds of regular Abbey life can be heard. She hums a little tune that goes along with the birdsong, seeming quite happy, even though she's doing a chore.   

Caleb comes up the ladder into the loft and sneezes when some dust goes up his nose but he doesn't complain about it he just goes to sit down in one of the chairs, it’s time to cool off a little as it’s a little hot outside.   

LilyMoore's smile brightens as her twin comes into the room. "Caleb, hey!" She sets the broom down and goes to give him a big hug. "You always make my day better! I love you so much; you're the best brother in the world!" She must be feeling pretty happy; she usually doesn't just spout out that kind of stuff when she first sees him. "How's your day going so far?"

Caleb blinks but returns the hug and smiles "You’re in a good mood, oh my day is good and the past couple days have been good as well"   

LilyMoore grins. "How could somebeast not be in a good mood? The birds are singing songs about Summer, the day is lovely, I get to hang out with my best friend. How better can it get?" She sits in the other chair and adds, "That's great! Has there been anything in particular to make the past few days great?"   

Caleb smiles "Well......something may mention later I don't know" It’s as if he is unsure of ruining something, but his happy mood stays "I am also working on some new sweet maybe for the summer feast"   

LilyMoore looks slightly puzzled. "Well, whenever you want to talk about that thing, lemme know." she settles back in her chair, happy for the break from cleaning. "Oooh, I just love sweets! What are you making it out of? I'll bet it'll be awesome!" She noticed his hesitancy, but she won't press; she trusts that he'll tell her when he's ready.   

Caleb smiles "Like a peppermint sort of berry cake with mellowcreame maybe" He then asks "By the way...did you know Cynthia was back"   

LilyMoore rubs her paws together. "I'll be your taste tester if you need it," she tells him, only half joking. Nodding, she rests her paws in her lap as she remembers that one time when she bit the other mouse maid. "I've seen her from a distance, but I haven't tried to talk to her; I'm....not sure that'd be the best idea I've ever had, seeing as how I, uh, did attack her that one time...I wish I hadn't done that." She looks sad as she remembers the incident.   

Caleb frowns and then speaks "You were forgiven, and I have forgiven you. You should maybe try and speak to her..seeing as....well" He smiles softly "May be something else at the Summer Feast to make it extra special"

LilyMoore shrugs. "I can...try. If you want me to..." she looks at him curiously. "What could make a feast extra special? Oh, is Cynthia going to join the Order? That'd be great; she'd be really good at it." She has literally no idea...   

Caleb shrugs "She...was a novice before she left...I don't..."He smiles "I asked her to marry me and she said yes"   

It is a very, very good thing that Lily is sitting down, because she would've collapsed to the floor if she hadn't been. As it is, her arms slip limply off her lap as she stares at her twin in shock. "...what?!" she manages to ask after a significant pause.   

Caleb repeats it "Me and Cynthia are engaged...as of a couple days ago but we didn’t tell any beast yet....well maybe Benar perhaps"   

LilyMoore looks hurt, and feels betrayed. "But.....but why? She....she ran out on you, and...." the mouse maid looks like she's on the verge of tears now. Gripping the edge of her seat, she leans forward. "But....I don't understand. Why would you want to get married??" She has obviously never found anyone she wants to get married to yet. She crosses her arms and hugs herself, her good mood gone like smoke on a windy day.   

Caleb thinks before answering "She was...confused..anyways we talked and this one mouse named Drake...was mean and she came back here turns out her feelings for me never really went away and neither did mine for her"   

LilyMoore stands and starts pacing anxiously, trying in vain to keep her tears from spilling down her cheeks. "But....but....but you're my best friend!! How could you betray me like this?!" She bursts out, turning and staring at her brother, all the hurt and rejection she's feeling roaring to the surface and showing plainly on her face. "How could....could you get married an.....and...." she can't finish the sentence, so instead she angrily wipes away her tears onto her sleeve.   

Caleb blinks and looks confused "W..What do you mean?" He frowns " How am I....I am not going away and your my sister and I love you"   

LilyMoore hides her face in her paws. "But you can't be my best friend anymore because.....because you'll....you'll have to be Cynthia's best friend, and.....and....." she just starts sobbing. "We won't.....prob'ly won't.....hang out, and.....and I don't want you to because then we won't be able to be best friends anymore!" she sits on the floor and cries.   

Caleb sits down beside her and goes to hug her "Yes we will, we always will be best friends, one can have more than one friend. And we can still hang out and maybe Cynthia also, you two could be like friends also."   

LilyMoore lets her brother hug her as she cries. Clinging to the front of his habit, she just sobs out all her pain and sadness. After a while she quiets down and whispers, "Are you sure? You're one of the few friends I have; I don't think I could lose you for real."   

Caleb smiles "You won’t lose me, I don’t plan to ever leave I love the abbey and may one day be a cook or well something here not sure yet on a good skill to use"   

LilyMoore grips the front of his habit tighter as she buries her face in his chest. "....I have nightmares almost every night that Quade isn't dead and he comes back and kills you and Momma and Dad and Marek and Blisa and Benar and all my bird friends, and destroys Redwall and makes everyone slaves," she whispers.   

Caleb will if able hug her tighter " Quade is gone as in dead...and we have beasts to protect us and umm...well Marek will be back when he is back where ever he went"   

LilyMoore nods, letting him hug her as tightly as he wants. "I...I know, but....but his guards were really mean to me, and...." tears start coursing down her cheeks. "The memories and fear won't go away." She sniffs and goes to wrap her arms around his waist. After a few moments, she asks, "Are you....are you happy with Cynthia?"   

Caleb nods "I...think so....yes, yes I am as I care about her, but it doesn’t mean I don’t care for my sister"   

LilyMoore nods and sits there in silence for a few more minutes. "As long as you're happy....but if she betrays you, I'll kill her myself." She's not joking. She goes to squeeze him a little more tightly. "If you're happy, then....then I guess.....I guess I'll be okay, as long as we still hang out a lot." She looks up into his face. "Promise you won't go away?" Before he can answer, the bell for tea time begins to ring (Lily had gotten the afternoon off so she could clean the Gatehouse for their mother). After she gets his answer, she'll follow him to Great Hall, or wherever they decide to go if they skip tea time.   

Caleb replies “ I promise not going away…ever and if I do ever disappear worry cause I would never go anywhere without telling you” He tells his mother and father and sister  where he is most of the time, inside the abbey he doesn’t care as much but outside yeah he goes to the market, or a walk..he tells them. He then follows his sister to where ever till dinner.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer