Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-14 05:37:03 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Let's Go fishing

FV:Entry
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
The scent in the air notably changes within the village compared to the sweet fragrant flowery smells outside the east gates. Stale air, rotting food and the occasionally not particularly pleasant smelling inhabitant all assault the nose until it gets used to things. Mercenary guards patrol the high wooden palisade wall separates the vermin village from the outside world, the only break in sight in the form of the main gate to the village to the east. North of the path one of the few stone buildings in the village stands a little run down, now an inn it butts up to the side of the tavern and boasts many beds available, at least that's probably what the sign says, much like the building it's old and the beast who wrote it has probably died of old age long after the paint was last touched up. West finally buildings begin to spring up everywhere and the path widens into a large clearing at the center of the village.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Zee walked out of his hut leading a weasel down the street and directs them to the tavern, “Get breakfast and then speak to Blisa”

The weasel nods and smiles “Thanks Mr. Winters” And then the weasel heads off and into the tavern.

Patch looks around, spotting Zee he points to him as he looks to someone beside him “There is ya uncle….hey stripes ya lose something recently!”

Xander stands beside the rat. Quiet and looking down at his boots as if he is unsure of what to say.

Zee slowly turns and  speaks “Xander?” He walks over slowly and stands in front of him, he glances at the rat “Where did ya find the lad Patch, he ran off last night.”

Patch answers “He sort of found me, well sort of…found him close to my campsite” He jabs a finger to the older badger’s chest “You’re lucky I am letting this job be free…but no more freebies.” He straightens up “Now I have some…things ta do, yeah so going to do that now..bye old stripes” He turns and walks away, he had no plans to stay up this early he needs more sleep, so maybe wake sometime in the afternoon.

Xander speaks before his Uncle gets a chance “I..I am so..so sorry Uncle Zee. I didn’t mean to say I hated you. I..Didn’t mean…..” He starts and looks near tears.

Zee pulls the other badger closer and hugs him” Shhhhhhh….tis ok lad. All is forgiven, I am just glad you are ok Xander, you had your old uncle very worried, but now that ya be back, tis good” He smiles and then grins “How about we go fishing lad?”

Xander frowns “You’re…you’re not gonna lecture me, you are not mad at me?”

Zee smiles “No..I was worried yes, worried you would lose your focus…lose your way...forget wot be impotent but ya didn’t,…no lad fishing?”

Xander smiles, and then tilts his head “Fishing…now? But where and aren’t ponds frozen now?”

Zee chuckles “Maybe a thin layer of ice, and first we get breakfast, then we head off ta fish lad. Well first we get de fishing poles and bait fer de fish to eat”

Xander smile brightens as he nods and stands up “Sounds fun Uncle Zee, I have fished before in Halyard but not ever in the abbey pond, can we go there please?”

Zee smiles at this, “Yes in fact it’s where I planned to fish in fact, at the pond at the abbey” He  uses  his staff to help him better stand” Led de…de way lad, and I have me fishing poles in me room, two…one fer you and one fer me”

Xander makes sure Zee is standing ok and then starts to head to the abbey “Come on Uncle Zee maybe we can get there by lunch time, eat lunch and then fish. We could catch a fish for Friar Lacota!”

Zee nods and chuckles “Maybe lad, I like de idea, let’s get to the abbey then”

RW Abbey: Pond
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Abbey pond is practically the place to go for relaxation.  The orchards that settle onto one side of the water hole provide decent shade for the more heated months to come.  Various types of wild flowers grow about the edge of the ground that lightly overhangs into the pond.  The pond seemingly invites one into its cool depths, which holds its fish life and multiple species of shrimp and other water dwellers.
The homely pond provides an oasis of relaxation amid the busy bustle of activity that almost always surrounds Redwall Abbey, especially in the warmer summer months when fruit and crops are to be tended to.  A cool atmosphere, added to by the pond, wafts out around the pond area and onto the grass.  The orchards simply extend that cool, providing shade and solace for those who wish to relax a little further from the sport that is usually taking place around the oh-so-popular pond.
lush lawn, studiously kept, surrounds the pond, all the way up to the orchard edge, even entering the orchard - though tentatively.  Rushes grow in most of the shallower places on the pond's edge, but the clear water prevails, and in most places, only a bit of a muddy bank is visible and no water reeds find hospitality there.  Bugs of all types flit about the surface of the water, testing fate of those who lurk below. sometimes a shadow can be seen skulking about the rocks at the bottom of the clear pond, but it could very well merely be a trick of the potent summer sun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Xander nods and leads the two to the abbey and right away gets the fishing poles and heads to the pond, “Come on Uncle Zee we don’t have all day!!”

Zee grins “No..we don’t lad, we don’t” He sits down beside the younger badger and starts to fish, making sure Xander is getting it right as well.

After a while Xander asks “SO..who was the first to have the Blade of The Northwind Storms?”

Zee answers “Me father, Darien  , it was forged by Uncle Soot” Let tell ya all about it lad.”

•    The story  he told Xander will be in a separate log*

Xander listens “And when will I know  when I am ready to weild the sword? Or will you tell me?”

Zee smiles “You will  know, trust me and can’t say I will tell you or not but ….well when it’s the right time it be the right time lad” He ruffles his head fur and goes back to fishing.

Xander chuckles and adjusts his fishing pole and smiles.

The fishing lasts for a good couple hours before a fish finally takes a bit on Xander’s pole and he gets excited and goes to pull the fish towards the shore line and it’s a large fish at that.

Zee steps up to help him get the fish to land and pulls it further onto land to make sure and grins “Friar Lacota should LOVE this fish its huge! Great job lad! I am impressed.”

Xander smiles large, proud of himself in fact “We could take it to the kitchens now, or..or I could, I can lift it trust me” He proves it by lifting it and carrying it to the kitchen himself.

Zee watches and smiles as he goes to slowly follow. He takes a couple deep breaths and leans heavily on his staff, then proceeds to head on to the Great Hall to sit down and rest, helping get the fish to shore did take some unexpected energy.

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2016-12-14 10:49:16 AM)

Board footer