Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-17 06:21:12 AM

Henry the Poet

The first sign of trouble OR What was the word? - Sparra Civil War

~Setting~

Great Hall of Redwall abbey, twelve days after the war began and eight days after the end of the last battle.

~Characters~

-Minsc, Hamster Warrior
-Benar, Abbot of Redwall abbey
-Unnamed Novice

~WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES~

Ironwood, temporary commander of the redwall sparrows, announced to all of Redwall, the loft is at war. Warclaw, leader of the anti-Redwall sparrows, attacked a abbey beast when he came to the Loft to help wounded sparrows. After the first battle, Warclaw retreated in to Mossflower and Ironwood into the abbey. The Loft was decimated in the battle, so the Ironwood's forces will stay in the abbey until such time as the Loft is repaired. Ironwood is has sent sum sparrows to gather allies, but it is unknown when the next battle will be.

Thus is the sparrow civil war...
__________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a day since the Sparra's big announcement and Benar is out by the pond. He is watching a group of sparra eggchicks and dibbuns playing together down by the water’s edge.
For now things seem quiet and mostly peaceful as the Abbey beasts have opened their arms to welcome their sparra friends.

Minsc watches, curious as he is relaxing some, or trying to as he sighs and stands as he limps over to the abbot “Abbot Benar? I...wish to ask a question as me and Gorvenalus have been trying to figure out where to go…where to stay after I recover from my wounds left by Quade”

Benar says, “You can both stay here if you wish Minsc, Redwall is open and welcome to all who wish someplace to dwell in peace together.”“   

“Well I wish all the sparrows would get that,” Mutters a disgruntled voice behind the abbot. The voice belongs to the novice who got in to an argument with one of the sparrows yesterday, who sits down near the abbot looking cross.

Benar glances down at the Novice and quirks a brow, “And just what is your problem with the sparra Novice? They have a different culture and way of life to us. But they have been friends with the abbey for seasons uncounted.”

Minsc nods and listens about the sparrows, he only so far seen the sparrows from a distance. “They do talk different but....so do some other beasts, like hares and for sure moles around here”

“It’s not sparrows I object to father,” Says the novice. ““Tis just some of them refuse to...to...” His voice trails off as he looks for a word to describe it.

Benar turns to the Novice and smiles, settling down on the grass, “Refuse to what Novice? If I can help you I will do so”

“..To...to...” The novice tries his best to bring a word to mind, but he ends up just making a sort of circular motion with his paw. “...to...to pull their own weight, I guess...”

Benar says, “I see what you mean, well they are our guests and they are birds. It isn't as if they can help wash the dishes or change bedding or sweep the floors. And most of them are proud warriors but I shall ask if there is anything they can do to help”

“With all due respect father,” say the novice his he pulls up pawfuls of grass and letting it blow away in that wind. “I don't think they'd help even if they were ordered to.”

Benar says, “I wouldn't order them too my young friend. They are our guest. I will ask however, there is no harm in this and they are our friends. They may genuinely wish to help in their own way.”

The novice does not argue with the father abbot, but he does look doubtful.

Benar smiles, “I will track down Ironwood and see what he says. I am sure if their leader ordered them to help they will do so.”

The novice blinks a few time, then a little smile crosses his face. “Thank you father,” says he. The novice stands up and dusts himself off. “I should get back to work now, won't want to become a sparrow!” He runs of toward Great Hall.

Benar bows his head, “I will see you soon and I will go and find Ironwood and see if I can ask him to have his Sparra's repay our kindness with a little help.” he then heads off and starts to wander in search of the Sparra commander.

~TO BE CONTINUED IN OUR NEXT!!!~

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

Board footer