Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-09 12:06:31 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Defenders:Recruitement Drive:Ferravale

Defender Headquarters: Training Ground
This is an intricate and well-crafted training ground. A large square area has been sanctioned off using large rocks as it's boundary. Inside the area are several wooden practice dummies, a few archery targets, some cloth punching bags and what appears to be a hand-operated rigging system for firing crossbow bolts into the air. A smaller area marked off by stone circles has been quartered off so as to allow for both sparring and paw-to-paw combat training. It would seem Marek has thought of everything.

Marek leads the small group of beasts into the clearing and onto the intricately crafted training grounds, he gestures around seemingly pleased with his work. "Welcome to the future site of our headquarters Mr. Zolomon, Mr. Quade, Mr. Xander. It's going to take some work and I'll still have to clear out some of the path, but I believe we have potential" He sits down on a tree stump and hands Zaram off some notes to take back to Blisa in Ferravale, to which the mole runs off to deliver them. "This training ground has a bit of everything, and should accompany the needs of most beasts, even our feathered friend should he decide to show up". Marek then waits patiently to hear the responses of his new recruits, hoping for the best.

Zolomon looks around and grins "Archery is always good Mr. M and course other things as well"     He hmmms “We need like a mess hall in the jolly building when it’s made.”

Quade smiles at the setup, truly impressed. "Yes I think this will work. There seems to be plenty of room to build a headquarters, and I have taken up my abode only a few minutes walk from here. This will be perfect to hone my abilities as soon as we locate my Furyblazer"   

Thunderwing soars into the open area and lands close by "Thunderwing is here, Thunderwing was having lunch and talking to other bird friends that came with him from Snowy North." The large bird looks at the different beasts, “Group is nice group"   

Xander walks down the path, just a little late but still here "Hey" He says quietly.   

A voice speaks from a shadowed spot in the lee of one of the massive rocks bordering the area. "Ah hope this group 'as room fer one more," is said in a thick Highland brogue. "'cos Ah'm in on this now." A figure steps out from where the voice was coming from, framed in sunlight because of the angle he chose to reveal himself from. A squirrel who hasn't been seen in these parts for at least a season. Light glints from the metal of a claymore on his back, matched by a determined gleam in his eyes, and a certain set to his jaw. Wiry, muscular arms flex and stretch, to work out stiffness from long waiting. He approaches slowly, so as not to alarm any beast any further.   

Marek let's have every beast say their piece until the strange squirrel enters the scene, a bit startled Marek manages to compose himself. "Does any beast know this squirrel? I will take whatever help that I get in these dark times, but I do not remember being told of a character so...." He pauses for a considerable amount of time to think of the right word so as not to anger the claymore wielding highlander. "....unique"   

Zolomon turns when he hears the newcomer's voice, " Hallo friend, least hope you are a friend as more friends are always good don’t ya know"   

Thunderwing tilts his head and looks at the odd squirrel" Squirrel be....interesting?" The eagle seems unsure of Feisty   

Quade is also noticeably startled by the newcomer, he looks back and forth between the group and the fellow squirrel before being the first to hold out a paw in greeting. "Hello friend, I am Quade Bracktor. I hail from across the sea, although my homeland was destroyed by a foul beast. Where I came from, I wielded a legendary sword named Furyblazer, though I it was recently stolen. I have hoped to join Marek's group in exchange for aid in locating my sword" He then promptly sits down and pulls out a sack of food.   

Xander crosses his arms over his chest as he listens to the others chat "So...do we train yet? I would like to try some of this out, Uncle Zee said training is very important and one shouldn’t skip it"

Feisty runs an eye over the other squirrel for a moment, before seizing the offered paw in a firm grip, giving it one good shake, and releasing it. "Well met me lad, Ah go by Feisty, o'the late MacPunchles clan. Came from' the North, last survivor of an army. Came south, fought some battles...wandered for a wee bit. Heard by the auld grapevine aboot yer group, an' Ah decided tae check it oot." He sits down next to Quade. "Lost a famous blade, eh? 'Tis why Ah stick to plain auld steel, 'r iron if it comes tae it. Claymores'r harder tae steal anyhow," he finishes with a laugh.   

Marek glares in Xander's direction. "One listen that you must learn, Mr. Xander is patience" He then turns towards the group in general. "As for the rest of you, I will reiterate. Welcome to the future site of headquarters, feel free to explore the training grounds as it is the only thing I have managed to build so far" He demonstrates the wide array of devices including the archery range that Zolomon had already expressed his fondness for, wooden practice dummies, punching bags, and a crude system that has been rigged to fire non-lethal crossbow bolts into the air or the ground. "As you can see, I am sparing no expense in the interest of this group. You will have access to the training ground, a small pension, and one free meal at the tavern daily" He then glares towards Zolomon. "*One* free meal, Mr. Zolomon...and it is the same portion for everybeast. Do not expect a feast, my tavern is not the abbey"   

Zolomon grins "I like de long bow, " He pats his longbow Finish off an enemy from a distance I say...though do need ta learn a bit more close up fighting" He frowns "One? Way to stare a chap Mr. M....we fighters need are energy"

Quade nods. "That is very generous of you, sir. I will take this pension of course, but you do not need to pay me to be a warrior. Your aid in searching for my sword is more than enough". Clearly though, Quade's appetite is not as modest as his attitude for he is now eating a rather large piece of bread which he has laid three different large chunks of cheese onto and downing it with a flagon of strawberry cordial.   

Thunderwing nods "Thunderwing can get own fishes from river...and waterdrinks also"     He looks at some of the set-up .

Xander sighs as he sits on a log and pouts, he does listen to what is said quietly. "Ok.....yeah." He is still in training after all.

Feisty glances to Quade, eyeing the food hungrily. He's too proud to admit he's hungry, however, so he simply watches, remaining silent.   

Quade nods “We all, also , can do our part in helping Marek clear up the area and maybe even help build or find a beast that does know good building skills” He lays his lunch in his lap.

Xander  looks around on his own and then looks to Marek” Gonna find Uncle Zee, I will be back Marek” He then basically walks off before the stoat can reply.

Marek looks at Xander and shakes his head as the badger walks off, he clears his throat "Well then Feisty welcome to Mossflower Defenders....I hope to have others join as well soon."   

Zolomon frowns, why does one beast get to eat and he doesn't "I say we should all get lunch after this, training will work up an urge ta eat" He grins "Training and then lunch sounds good to me"

Feisty nods coolly to the stoat. "Thank'ee. Ah'll spread the word aroond if ya like." He seems content to sit in silence after that, fidgeting with a cord bracelet around his left wrist.   

Quade decides to put the food away "Lunch afterwards sounds good. Yes a larger group will be most helpful, maybe the one mouse maid at the abbey could join “

Thunderwing looks around as he perns a wing " Even have good training for Thunderwing, Thunderwing could find more birds to join, he could yes?"   

Marek shakes his head and again points to the training grounds " Yes lunch is after training, which can be one's own and beasts can spar as well."   

The hare grins at this "I say I think I will practice some longbow skills" He heads to the archer range to do just that.   

Feisty stretches, standing up and cracking his paws. "Got any punchin' bags? Ah could use a warm-up."   

Thunderwing caws loudly as he flies up into the air to get a biter view of the training area   

Marek answers "Yes I do" He points out the area where the punching bags are.   

Feisty nods. "Thank ye." He heads off to the indicated area, and starts with breathing exercises. Soon, he's punching away at the bags with tremendous force and precision.   

Quade listens” It may also be a good idea to find a healer beast to tend to wounds, yes the abbey is good or even Ferravale for a healer, but it would also be wise to have one in the group for times one cannot get to one in time.”

Thunderwing lands after looking at the training area from above and the area around the training ground. Thunderwing want try training, friends help Thunderwing?”

Marek nods “Yes a healer would be good to have around, Zaram knows healer, as do I, but  as you say to have a fully skilled healer within the group, would be helpful. “ He looks to the pile of bricks “ Help to build as well, I am unsure how long it will take to build the headquarters, it’s one reason I made the training grounds first” He walks over to work a device that shots cross bolts at flying targets, the tips have been made dull but they would likely still hurt if one hits , but they would not stick in a beast as these are for training purposes.

Zee walks into the area slowly, Xander by his side “Looks good so far Marek, very good indeed. “

Xander keeps close to Zee and watches Thunderwing before nodding a simple hello to the stoat.

Thunderwing manages to avoid most of the bolts, one does clip his wing but he corrects his flying and then lands, he fixes the out of place feather and nods “Thunderwing approves…Friend Zee!” He goes over quickly to the badger as he is always happy to see his friend.

Quade waves and smiles “I think I shall do a bit of training with the practice dummies, excuse me” He then heads that direction.

Marek nods to Quade and looks to Zee and Xander,” Yes it is, the group is coming along nicely Mr. Zee. I will need to set times to have sparing and some exercises for the members, all members even Xander”

Xander sighs and speaks “I could use the fighting pit, it’s more interesting than this place”

Zee frowns “A fighting pit is nowhere to properly train Xander, not the correct way. One learns how to fight using trickery and hardly anyone is honest in fighting pits, also under skilled beasts or beast that are over skilled tend to use them”

Marek nods “Mr. Zee is correct, you will have person lessons and when it is deemed fir you can have sparring practice with other members, but only when you are deemed ready”

Xander rolls his eyes and kicks a rock, “Whatever…”

Zee shakes his head “Xander….ok do some sit ups, push-ups and run a couple laps..then go wait for me in the hut, I need ta discuss something with Marek…ok lad?”

Xander nods and does as he is told, but not without some minor grumbling.

Board footer