Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-26 07:56:01 PM

Mother Krisha

Juat A walk

WHO:

Krisha-Badger Mother

Patch-Spy,Tavern Owner,Ale Maker

LOG:

Patch needed a break from the tavern and so it was closed for the day, most inFerravale seemed happy enough at home or at the bonfire in Main Square. Today was one of the rare days, Patch could have a full day off and no one cared, so he was hanging out in his treehouse in the woods, it had been a while since he checked on the place, luckily it still stood.

Krisha meanwhile was also in the woods, walking along quietly, and soon grew tired and sat down on a fallen log. A frown formed as she glanced around,a sigh as she just tried to tune in to the quiet.

Patch was always alert, weather in the woods or elsewhere, and did a fair job finding out what went on around Mossflower and if he didn't know, well he had a small pawful of beasts he trusts to kept him updated, and today seemed to just be a normal day, nothing much going on in Mossflower of much interest.

Krisha didn't seem to be paying attention to things around her as she just sat alone on the log and then started crying, it had been a while since she really cried, but it was winter now and the first winter without...Xander.

Patch muttered to himself and then his pace slowed, his ears perked some as he heard, what was it..crying? He edged ever closer and soon was a few feet away from the Badger Mother. He shook his head, nope he was not going to bother with this, and started to walk away. Then a deep groan as he forced himself to turn around and walk into view, a deep breath "Ya know, I try and know all that's like happening, it been quiet and quiet is good...most of the time. A hare may or may not be missing, knowing your abbey hare he is probably somewhere where there is food, likely fine and back when it's warm, warmer by that badger mountain place."He places his paws on his hips "Course thar is some more serious news, a beast missing from the abbey..some slight panic, nothing too much yet, that pin cushion refuses to tell the Abbot yet....nope.Gee whom is missing, oh yeah.."He tilts his head "You"

Krisha gasps and is a bit started when she sees Patch, and then a glare"How DARE you sneak around the woods and scare beasts like this..." There are still signs she was crying just before he found her.

Patch takes a few paces back "Whoa whoa, I am not sneaking...I am being smart.Ya never know what sorts of beasts could be in de woods...robbers or something...course likely look for something besides a badger ta rob."He steps closer studyig her."Wot's wrong? Something is and if ya say no...tis a lie"

Krisha crosses her arms over her chest and snorts. Then sighs.."Just..needed to get away from the abbey, too cheerful there right now and I rather not be there right now. I needed some time alone..."She frowns"Me and..Xander  liked to come to this area of the woods sometimes, rarely but..still."

Patch frowns "Stripy...yeah he be missed round de tavern too...ya know ya could come to de tavern, of all de Redwallers..Tavern beasts always did respect ya Winters bunch...course up ta you, ya do have your duties and all"

Krisha raised an eyebrow "And why are you away from the tavern, don't you own it now?"

Patch sits down"De one day tis closed...hey even Ferravale  has tis Longest Day of the year thing, gifts ect.....all that." He looks at the badger "So....ya should wander back ta the abbey, I mean I am gonna head back ta Ferravale here soon..."

Krisha shrugs,"I will, just not sure."A frown "You said someone is looking for me?"

Patch nods "That Champion and a couple of other beasts from de abbey. Not too far from 'ere....want ta find ya before saying anything da de abbot bout it."

Krisha sighs "I..I suppose I should head back. I just..the season....the ...time of the year..I miss Xander."

Patch frowns "Well....I do too, he was a very likable beast."He stands "Come on...tis gonna ruin me day if I don't make sure  they find ya safe and sound like."

The two walk to a nearby clearing and soon are reunited with the Champion and a couple of other beasts from the abbey, the Champion thanks the rat and heads back to the abbey with Krisha and the others, while Patch heads back to the tavern in Ferravale.

Board footer