Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-18 08:38:22 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Holidays are Hard (IC RWA RP December 18th, 2021)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey, South Walltop

CHARACTERS:
Krisha, a female badger.
Gorvenalus, a male beaver.
DoraRose, a female mouse.

LOG:
Gorvenalus is up on the wall tops glaceing towards the north, a slight frown as he seems worried a little. The air is slightly cold as it is winter very soon.No snow has fallen this year yet but the cold is for sure setting in now.   

Krisha makes her way to where Gorvenalus is and sighs, she holds out some hot tea"I was passing out tea to the guards, so why are you up here for Brother Gorvenalus,you seem oncerned over something"A worried frown "Not a storm I hope"   

DoraRose is not on guard duty today! Instead, she's been helping in the Kitchens, baking and cooking and generally being helpful. Right now she's up on the walltops, passing out warm rolls to the guards and checking in on them. The Gatekeeper is snuggly wrapped in her sweater, heavy green cloak, scarf, hat, and mittens, on top of everything else she usually wears. After handing out all the rolls, she, too, joins the beaver as he looks across the Abbey to the North from the top of the Southern wall. Handing each of her friends a roll, she munches on one of her own. "You 2 look troubled. Is all well?"   

Gorvenalus smiles as he sips the tea"Thank you..."He sighs "I am just worried, our hare should of been back by now and he is not, nor word of him being late.I mean it is possible he choose to stay longer , but winter is very close now and travel in snow is not the best.Yes he is a patrol hare but still, it is unwise or prehaps I am just worring too much"   

Krisha hmmms slightly"Maybe but yes Elbio should of been back by now.Maybe he is staying the winter after all.Also Ciana went with him, hope she is ok"   

DoraRose thinks for a moment, looking out over the grasslands to the South as she finishes her roll. "I'm sure he's fine. Perhaps they had a storm that caused heavy snow on the shore, but the storm petered out before it could get to us. If something bad had happened, I'm sure they would've gotten word to us. I do miss him, though." She sighs heavily. "And I miss Zolomon, the way he used to be. I wonder where he is now?"   

Gorvenalus shrugs,"It is hard to say.Not Mossflower, then again he could be somewhere and not of listened to the order. I have heard no news of Zolomon either so prehaps he is staying somewhere,maybe north even.I would not worry much about that hare, he has surival and warrior skills."   

Krisha shakes her head"Hopefully he is less rude where ever he is, or else he is gonna get himself in a heap of trouble."She sighs "I hope Elbio is ok, and Ciana as well."She smiles a little " Its nice to see the older dibbuns grow up, but also a bit sad in a way at the same time." A frown now as her thoughts drift.   

DoraRose frowns slightly, thinking about the absent hares. She glances at the badger. "You're thinking about Oz, aren't you? Are you worried for him?" Her blue eyes show her understanding and concern.   

Gorvenalus says, "We could send a letter to Salamanstron, but I say wait on that for now. Lets not worry too much,things are likely fine.He may also of wanted to spend time with his daughter nd prehaps a letter got ...lost prehaps."   

Krisha nods to Gorvenalus, then replies to Dorarose "A little, he has been through so much and is still young. I haven't asked him what he wants to do later in life. I..I don't want to push him to think on it just yet."She sighs"I have Xander's blade in a chest, in my room..locked up. Xander had wanted to , to do something like his .."She tries to remember the name "Zee...zeek....his uncle did with him, Ciocan had the blade but gave it to me, to keep in the family. I.."She sighs "I could weild it, my father did teach me to use a blade I just, never wanted to.My father reason was me and him was hunted by his tribe, buyt that tribe is gone now"   

"We can ask Benar if he wants to send a letter and check on Elbio." DoraRose smiles, turning to the badger. "Your vow as a Sister of the Order also prevents you from wielding the blade. But Oz is still so young, as you said. He has much time to decide what he wants to do with his life. I think my daughter has been trying to make more time for him. And I remember Zee's riddles to make Xander earn the blade. A worthy challenge for a Warrior....but do you think that's the path Oz will take?"   

Gorvenalus says, "One's path is not always written in stone"   

Krisha shrugs, she replies "I don't know what Oz path is, he hasn't said much to me, in fact he usually wants to wander of alone, least he is in the abbey."She looks serious at Dorarose"If it is ever neded to protect the dibbuns, I WILL use that blade but only if I have to. Papa Oz fought vermin the one day,when Ormaz think it was, was in the abbey...Papa oz protected Benar and the dibbuns and if I end uo having to one day, I will too."She frowns thinking and speaks "I...before I came to the abbey, 3 seasons before..I fought a monitor and nearly killed it to save my father's life."She closes her eyes "The monitor tribe had caught up to us and...keep me captive a half a seson..but I escaped and got my father to a safe place. We wandered around 3 seasons before coming here."   
Krisha frowns and is silent, she always did wear her scraf, alot when she been out and few knew why. She undoes it now reveling a jagged scar on her neck before replaceing the scarf."The monitor tribe leader......almsot killed me, keep me in a small cage..kind of almost lost hope before father..found me, he killed the others....but the leader....I nearly killed the leader..."   

DoraRose listens quietly. "I know you would defend the Dibbuns with your life, Krisha. And I'd be right there by your side." As the badger continues, the mouse's eyes soften, and she goes to place her paw on her arm. "That must have been very frightening. You're so brave to fight like that."   

Gorvenalus nods"Your past sounds like it had it's hard times, but you pulled though and are stronger for it"   

Krisha smiles now."Yeah, i...I suppose."She sighs again "I miss father, and Xander too."She shakes her head "Xander would be getting ready to be the snow badger now if he was still alive, I...I don't know if I want to really do any Snow Badger stuff, party anyways....maybe just say he is very busy and sit out the small presents that morning for the dibbuns to find"   

DoraRose looks out at the Southern plain again, her face growing melancholy as she thinks. "When Leon died, I didn't want to continue doing anything. I struggled to connect with my friends and family. Doing my duties as Gatekeeper at times felt impossible. I forced myself to do them, because I knew Leon would have wanted me to, and he had made me promise not to hide within myself. This Abbey is filled with memories of Leon, and they are bittersweet. But I know he would be proud of me." She pauses for a long moment. "What do you think Xander would ask you to do?"   

Gorvenalus listens, "It is almost snow badger time...isn't it." He nodded "i should get inside...see you two later"   

Krisha frowns "I...I don't know, probally to not stay in depression or be sad too long. I did at first....want to hide away, maybe even leave the abbey. I stoped eatting for like 2 days after we..She lets a single tear fall, "After we...found Xander...last winter....oh my...."

DoraRose goes to put her arm around Krisha and just hold her. "It's okay to be sad....I still cry over Leon...." she then just stands there, letting Krisha just say whatever she needs to, or cry, or whatever.   

Krisha does cry for a few morments and maanges to speak "It is...this winter is gonna be hard without him. I think Oz misses him also...he was there when Xander...died."She shakes her head and calms again." I need to make sure he is ok, or have someone follow him when he walks out of class...I know he is getting too old for some of the classes..but he missed so much."   

DoraRose nods. "Everything is going to be hard without him. I know. It's the same for me." She thinks for a moment. "Maybe we can talk to Benar and LilyMoore. Perhaps if Lily were to help, it might be easier on him. It's worth a try, right?" She glances around as the wind starts to pick up a little. "But come. Let's go inside where it's warm. I'm due back to help in the kitchens. We could use another set of paws, if you feel up to helping." She goes to lead the badger inside. Krisha can do what she wants, but Dora leaves the invitation to come help open.   

Krisha smiles "I...I would love to help in the kitchens, lets go" It would get her mind off things and maybe the two could talk of what has helped them though lost of a mate.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer