Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-04 07:06:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Different Kinds of Courage (IC RWA RP December 4th, 2021)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey, Great Hall

CHARACTERS:
LilyMoore, a female mouse.
Oz, a male badger.

LOG:
Oz has sometimes played with the dibbuns but not very much. Today he has wandered off from the dibbuns, he was still in his lessons but stayed inside instead of going outside for a couple hours.   

LilyMoore has been busy helping in the kitchens today, and she walks through Great Hall, headed outside for a break. She sees the badger and heads his way, smiling. "Oz, hello! How are you?"   

Oz blinks and then just shrugs "I..I don't know." He's been rather quiet since he had been back from being missing, happy the first few days then just sort of just off to the side.He had some extra lessons in reading and writting to catch up on lessons he missed.   

LilyMoore frowns slightly. She sits next to him, giving him her full attention. "You don't know? Goodness, that's a hard place to be. Do you wanna talk about it?" Lily has noticed him being more quiet and distant, and has been trying to be his friend, but as an adult in the Abbey, she doesn't necessarily have as much time to hang out as she'd like. So she's trying to make up for that now.   

Oz shrugs again and crosses his arms over his chest"Just.....I can't...read as well or write." a frown,he knows he is behind and lately he has felt he has been growing up too fast."I..I don't even know...whata do when older."   

LilyMoore listens. "I'm sorry you're struggling to learn to read and write. It's always hard when something doesn't come easily. Can I help you?" She smiles, then adds, "And it's okay to not know what you want to be when you grow up. You have a long time to figure that out."

Oz just frowns,"Wasa way too long...had carry things, had to.."He looks away "Obey or...."Well he rather not remember but sadly he does,he does remember. He remembers when he was taken too, just what happen that day.   

LilyMoore frowns, and scoots over to try and hug the badger. "Hey, none of that was your fault. Remember that. You did the right things, I know you did. You're brave and strong, and we love you. None of that was your fault."   

Oz sniffs "But...but I..I..."A few tears "He died...cause of me...cause I sneaked out and I didn't stay by him...and I di...din't run fast enough from the cat"   

LilyMoore feels tears well up in her own eyes. "No, sweetheart, that's not true. Who would ever lie to you like that? It was that stupid cat's fault. He chose to cause all that hurt. You didn't have anything to do with that. He made his choice. That's not your fault."   

Oz sniffs"But..."He looks at teh floor."Maybe ...dad woulda just....went home and not had ta...try and save me."He did almost get away if it wasn't for that annoying sleep dart, he ran too late maybe,he is unsure, but he saw his dad die.   

LilyMoore shakes her head. "No, sweetie. Xander made his own choices, too. And I don't think that cat would've let your dad just walk away and leave, even if you hadn't been there. None of this is your fault. Adults sometimes make bad choices, and this time, those bad choices hurt you. And I'm sorry. I wish that had never happened. What that cat did was not okay."   

Oz sniffs "The cat's....dead now. Some hare made the cat..dead." He is quiet a while and speaks "Mom has dad's blade....said maybe I..I would.."He frowns more "Wield...it one day....but.."He shakes his head, would he be wrong in saying "I..I don't wanna be warrior, killing is...is bad....it's bad..eve..even if self defense..r..r...right?"   

LilyMoore smiles gently. "You're right, killing for no reason is bad. Sometimes you have to kill in self-defense, but even then, you can try to avoid it. But y'know what? It's okay to not want to be a Warrior. You don't have to be. There are plenty of other things you can be. Let other people be Warriors. There's more than one way to be brave."   

Oz looks at her now.."There is?" He asks quietly, he is unsure yet what he wants to do even, and he still wants to in a way be a dibbun, but also he is right about, or here soon, the age he could be a novice.   

LilyMoore nods. "I think the Beekeepers are pretty brave! The bees like my singing, but they still make me nervous. And Healers are /sooooo/ brave! They help creatures who are sick, and they run into battle to rescue those who are hurt, even though they themselves could die. The kitchen staff work with fire and hot ovens. And you can even be brave just by being you. That cat tried to break you, but you can be brave every day of your life by proving him wrong and being the best Ozzie you can be...no matter /what/ you decide to do." She perks up. "And sometimes you can change your mind! Xander and Zork were both great Warriors, but then they changed their minds and joined the Abbey Order!"   

Oz listens and manages a smile now.."Really?" He thinks a bit now on a poasible course of action for his life."Bees...sting."He says but he isn't frowning, a smile."Maybe I sing, sing and make songs...make music...and...and help others threw hard...ummm bad things, makeem feel better"   

LilyMoore grins. "Oh, that's a great idea! Music can heal, and everybeast always needs somebeast to listen to them when they need it. That would be the path of a Bard or Scholar....or a Scholar-Bard!" She chuckles a little at her own silliness.   

Oz also chuckles and smiles,he stands "I..I can ..kind of sing." A small smile as he does sing a song he has heard at feasts, and he is....really good at singing,his voice does sort of crack once and he sighs, stupid voice changes,the horror of being a preteen but he still smiles, he is in a good mood and wants to keep it.And his stomach growls..."We need...."He smiles "Pie!" He starts to head to the kitchen and looks back o see if she follows him.   

LilyMoore smiles as she listens. "Wow, Oz, your voice is amazing! Maybe we can work together on singing and writing songs. Maybe I can even teach you the mandolin!" She stands and of course follows him, laughing. "Absolutely! I helped make an apple pie -- maybe we can have some of it!" She starts thinking about a song they could maybe sing together at the Winter Feast. Sounds like loads of fun! And anything to help a friend.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer