Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-09 02:29:33 PM

oz

What to do, what to do

Who:

Zolomon - Archer hare

Vonda- Healer

Benar- Abbot

LOG

Benar is in the Great Hall standing by the fire reading over a large piece of paper and chatting quietly to a couple of sisters, "I think it is a lovely idea, Lacota will probably glare at me for letting everyone loose in the Great Hall but I think it would be a grand idea."

Zolomon walks in, he has a hooded olive green cloak on, hood down and fiddling with a loose arrow he has and sits down in a chair, he looks over at the Abbot. " Hey Abbot B...ya seem busy"   

Benar looks at Zolomon and his ears perk up and he points at the arrow, "That... Zolomon, go and put that away please, that is a weapon. No weapons outside the practice yard, being on duty on the walls or leaving... so please do not bring those inside."   

Zolomon sighs and places in in a pocket of his cloak." I wasn't gonna hurt anyone, sides kind of need a bow to make an arrow....dangerous.`"

Benar shakes his head and says goodbye to the sisters and send them on to the kitchen then walks over, "It is still dangerous and a weapon Zolomon, bow or not they should not be brought inside."   
Zolomon nods." Fine....I won't anymore, will still watch the road when needed, never know when a vermin will try and be trouble. "   

Benar says, "Of course Zolomon and I appreciate your help as does Dora, if you want to work on your arrows you can use the training yard behind the Champion's cottage or there is a fletchery over in the kitchen yard near the forge where you can work on them."

Zolomon nods, "yeah, I even stopped some possible robber band, group of 4 vermin."   

Benar asks, "Well thank you Zolomon, I am glad to have you with us, do you have any more plans for the wedding in place?"   
Zolomon blinks, " Oh yeah the wedding . I don't know." He frowns but after a short while smiles." Maybe here soon, I know Vonda was working on a dress"

Benar says, "I am sure it will look amazing," He chuckles, "Not of course that I will tell you anything about it, wedding dress has to be a surprise when you see it"

Zolomon nods." Maybe set a date for in couple weeks, I know you still have the Autumn feast still to plan"   

Benar says, "I am sure we can work in your wedding as well, Lacota loves a wedding never fear, whether it happens at the feast or on another date."

Zolomon smiles. " Have any dates in mind yet?"   

Benar asks, "For the feast? Oh a few, I was thinking the 30th of this month"

Zolomon says, "I meant the wedding but it...could be same day"

Benar says, "Oooh well that is up for you and Vonda to decide not me, you can have it the same say as the feast or on a day of your choosing."

Zolomon nods " I will ask her, and we can let you know."   

Benar asks, "Thank you, so what else have you been up too around the abbey? Any new hobbies beyond standing guard?"

Zolomon says, "No just...." He sighs now. " Trying to avoid..anger issues usually, or the....well always seeing all vermin as a threat."

Benar says, "Well anger issues can be a problem, and yes that can be a difficult mind set to shift out of, a hobby would help, something you can go do to take your anger out or destress over."

Zolomon says, "The group was.....trouble, but not all of them....one ran and I didn't see right away that she had a dibbun with her...I got tackled to the road...which at first was peeved off about but guess...was good I was.wo...   
wot bout times like...that?"   

Benar tilts his head and regards Zolomon, "Often I find vermin, especially those who have family or youngsters with them just need to be shown kindness and another way of living."   

Zolomon nods,"Elbio was the one who tackled me, he was on his way from Ferravale asked me if I would of killed the dibbun too....I kind of was still in shock of almost hurting....or worse the ..mother of the dibbun and yes it was the weasels dibbun. So now suppose I have to earn wot respect earned from Elbio...back again."   

Benar says, "Well I am sure Elbio understands," He smiles softly, "You'll see it will all work out ZOlomon, but I think a hobby would help. Or a job like working with the dibbuns you seemed to enjoy that"

Zolomon shrugs"Maybe but isn't the dibbuns Mother K job?"

Benar says, "She has helpers, official ones"

Zolomon nods "Yeah, sounds wise....that many dibbuns at one time....badger mothers have a different kind of courage for the job suppose, she seems happier at least now,which is good. Not sure she want my help...for sure if Elbio told her how I could of well harmed a dibbun."   
Benar says, "She'll welcome your help Zolomon, she knows you get on well with the little ones. You did a great job when she was away collecting Oz."

Zolomon smiles"Yeah...the dibbuns,or least some like me. I think Oz does..not sure yet,Guess figure it out."   

Benar says, "You'll figure it out, I will talk to Krisha about the idea, I am sure she will not say no"

Zolomon smiles"Thanks Abbot....I am trying ta..,not be all....I don't know maybe a new hobby will help but bally well have no clue wot."   

Benar says, "Well..." He tilts his head, "Do you enjoy woodworking? Or metal working or pottery or something else? If not you could try the novice programme, getting a chance to try a bit of everything until you find something you enjoy"

Zolomon says, "The only wood work done is making arrows, cant cook too well...not sure bout pottery..Xandy spoke of pottery.."He frowns again at a thought that is brought up."I just..don't know,and thar is de fact that...when I see...little Oz, it's like some younger version of Xandy just different fur color, but same eye color....""   
Benar asks, "Well then for now let's focus on getting you on board to help with Krisha and see how that works out?"

Zolomon nods, "Ok..I be happy to help with the dibbuns,maybe teach them history or story time,even simple things..though de abbey teaches basic first aid I know."   
Benar says, "Well that is a good thing to teach the little ones, we can talk to Krisha about it."   

Zolomon smiles"Yeah and tis hard to get ..upset around the dibbuns. I will also see if Vonda is ok with the wedding as part of the autumn feast"   

Benar says, "Well I will go see if I can collar Krisha nad talk to her," he smiles at the hare, "You take care now and let me know about the wedding decision."

Vonda makes her way into the Great Hall from the direction of the library and yawns slightly as if tired.

Zolomon was sitting quietly since Benar left, still fiddling with his arrow and then finally snapped the arrow in half.A sigh and then seeing Vonda he smiles and goes to hug her."Hey Vonda, you ok this...well this ok day"   

Vonda smiles at the hug, returning one and replies"Its a good day yes for we are here at the abbey, both alive and a wedding is soon, oh my we need to figure out a date for that" She looks at the broken arrow "Did you...break an arrow?...why?"   
Zolomon nods"Yeah..accident..." A small smile"Maybe here in 3 or so weeks? The autumn feast? Why not....still have a cake, like look desert."He smiles still"You...always help me feel better Vonda, and help me think clearly"   

Vonda says, "I am glad of that, let me guess...bad day? wanna talk of it and I think the wedding right before the autumn feast starts be great""

Zolomon smiles, he shrugs "Talk...suppose, it helps sometimes. Tis just....Elbio might dislike me again...I .."He frowns and looks at the floor"Killed a small group of possible robbers, weasels and a fox...on the road,but one weasel had a dibbun with her, her own dibbun not one from here and...likely if wasn't for Elbio I would of killed that weasel too, I didn't know of the dibbun till...later and no, no I would not of killed a dibbun....I..n...never have,even when was in de Long Patrol and had ta fight vermin I know was evil, then many of those didn't have..families that I knew of."

Vonda leads him to a chair and has him sit down, she sits across from him and holds his paw."I know your heart...you would not. As for...almost slaying a mother of a dibbun...I am sure you wouldn't do it on purpose.You have...reasons to distrust vermin, I know....I do as well but we both have learned not all are out to destroy woodlanders, some just....are around,maybe some jion up hordes out of fear of the leader and follow orders due to that...some anyways.But there is good and bad woodlanders too, and good and bad vermin."   

Zolomon listens closely to her and lets some tears go down his face."I....I try...I have seen wot...wot vermin can do....and yeah...a few good ones too."He sighs "I...still have anger issues from so many....things...lost my friend,no one seemed to care on the western shores and then when they show a small bit of care...they lass out at me and now I hate....-HATE - the Long Patrol and when I try...try to do wot I think Xandy wants...I go too deep on protection....protecting...seeing vermin and something snaps and I want the vermin dead....but then I remember...Xandy tried to not ju...judge right away and seeing Ozzy....I keep seeing me friend cause he freaking looks almost like xandy!...Its not fair....NOT FAIR!!NOT....NO...NOT!" He tjkes a deep breath and shivers...a whimper as he manages to barely calm down.   

Vonda stays by his side and listens, pats his paw or a nod, a it's ok muttered a couple times till she knows he is calm enough to listen to her again."I am here....others are here too, to help you and you don't have to like the Long Patrol.. You still have at least some friends there...right?"   

Zolomon sniffs and shrugs "Ma....maybe...Sareant Felicty....ummm...Private Slaw.....not sure many more. Not even sure Ciocan really....fully sees me as a friend now, maybe ....sees me as just....I have no idea. Some hare do hate me....but I know sometime they may, or may not, visit the abbey and yeah could avoid them if do but....I don't wanna...have to,just would say ...both me and any visiting patrol members try and..."He shrugs.." Put up with one another....thats all."   

Vonda nods"Maybe....lets go for a walk, ok....nice walk in the woods, the authumn leaves are nice now the reds,oranges,yellows...."   

Zolomon nods and stands"Yeah...a walk sounds nice"So he follows her.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer