Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-24 05:56:45 PM

Log-A-Log

A Peaceful Spot- GUOSIM river TRIP Log

The Source of the River Moss!     

The large pool of water fed by many smaller streams out of the forest that then weaves its way down through the forest as the great River Moss!!     

Today the tranquil quiet of the river is disturbed by the arrival of a flotilla of log-boats!     

The GUOSIM and their Redwall and Otter Guests have arrived!     

Sculling his boat into the wide, deep, dark blue pool Oswald looks toward the Log-a-Log and raises his oar, the bells in his hair tinkling, "And here we are! The source of the River Moss!"     

Xavier looks around "Never been 'ere before, father spoke of it before some" He chuckles, seems he did listen to some lessons he had,course other lessons were repeated too much for his liking.     

Leigh smiles,she checks on her sleeping son and looks over to the others."It's a nice quiet spot."     

Gorvenalus smiles "Very interesting, and downstream it goes into the sea, far far downstream in fact but it is interesting to see where it starts."     

Oswald back peddles his oar and slows the log-boat slowly, coasting out into the very centre of the lake. All around tall, ancient trees loom, "We are in the heart of Mossflower wood here... it is a very special place to end our trip before we start off back down stream."     

Xavier nods, "Nice, has any history happen 'ere before?"He is curious to learn, he did become Log-a-log when he was barely an adult after all.     

Leigh smiles still, enjoying the calm, the quiet and peaceful feeling of this place.     
Gorvenalus nods, the other Redwallers in the group are in awe of the place, some are curious of any history even.The recorder writes a few things down in his jornaal, one he will rewrite to add to the Redwall Library records later.     

Oswald says, "Nothing I am very much aware of," He says softly, "I don't think many beasts come this deep up the river and into the heart of the forest."     

Xavier says, "Probably very few, yeah. Its very peaceful and it be good ta stay that way too.No need to have a lot of visitors here, just a special rare occasion"     

Leigh says, "As Oswald said, this is a special place to visit today."     

Gorvenalus says, "I agree, a place to write of and keep in the records at the abbey.It is likely on a map of Mossflower somewhere I have not looked at every map of Mossflower, mainly ones south or downstream of the bridge,some west also."     

Oswald stands up in his boat and smiles at Leigh, "Are you sure? If you are, can we do it now?" He smiles, "At the head of the river seems like as good a place as any"     

Xavier tilts his head"What's goin' on?" He watches Oswald and Leigh now.He be fine with spending a couple days here even before they head back downriver, downriver will be some faster with the current going that way.     

Leigh smiles as she nods.She goes to hold thier son when he wakes and whimpers slightly but is fine after a brief moment.     
Gorvenalus watches as well, some beasts look around and will likely look around when it's time to rest a bit.     

Oswald takes the little one in his arms and smiles at him then grins at Log-a-Log, "Well we discussed it last night and we have a name for our little one! A GUOSIM is named on the river! With river water so if I may Log-a-Log I'd like to name our son."     

Xavier smiles, he nods"Of course Oswald, of course you can and it seems only right for a GUOSIM shrew to be named while on the river."     

Leigh smiles now at this, this will be a special day to remember indeed.     

Gorvenalus says, "I did not know this, I know otters have a special thing they do for little ones."     

Oswald holds the little shrew up and smiles, "Everyone, meet  Elbun, my son, leigh's son! A GUSOIM Shrew!"     

Xavier smiles"A good name , yes I like it and of course he is a GUOSIM...it is good to have a little one in the group, the GUOSIM grows slowly."     

Leigh smiles, this is a good day and she is proud of today.She smiles"Thank you Log-a-log"     

Gorvenalus smiles"A good name yes, and maybe one day your GUOSIM clan will be large, then even if it is small The GUOSIM are always fierce fighters wherever they are."   

Oswald rocks the boat a little as he moves back to his bench and offers Elbun to Leigh, "We should dock on shore and make a camp! We should celebrate like shrews tonight!"     

Xavier chuckles"A celebration is always welcome.We still have good supplies and there is also foraging for some, and we can fish. We can stay a couple days then head back, we do need to be in time for the Summer Feast."     

Leigh carefully takes her son and leans back as they get ready to dock and set up camp.     

Oswald leans back on his chair and kisses Leigh then starts for the shore, aiming for a large patch of grass as he skims toward the shore, "This is the life!"

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer