Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-03 07:38:43 PM

Mother Krisha

Arrive at Westen Shores

Krisha watches the sea as small bits of tide come in ."Wow it's so..does the sea even have an ending?" The sand she chuckles some at letting some go between her fingers."I have never seen the sea or a beach till now"   

Caleb would be walking along, carrying his gear and watching the sea. Walking backwards for a little bit, the mouse signs to his mother that, "Even I never thought it had an ending when I was on it that one time. It really does feel endless but it's still all beauty."     

Krisha nods"Not sure I would want to be on it long. Sailing is not something I would do."She watches the water and frowns stepping back from it a little.     

"It's not too bad. It's just a little rocky sometimes, that's all." He turns back around and gathers a rock, chucking it towards the water to watch it skip a bit.     

Krisha shrugs"aMaybe, least we don't need to go out to sea, just downshore..least I think that's what Elbio said."She watches the water "Also...maybe I dislike the sea cause..I can't swim,I almost drowned one time in the river Moss"     

"You don't know how to swim yet you expect to teach my brother? Mom, if you want to learn how to swim you can just ask me! It's not that hard." Caleb's giggling but smiling happily.     

Krisha hmmm"Maybe...once we get back to the abbey, never really had a reason to learn to swim"     

Caleb smiles and holds up a finger, pointing towards the sea before towards herself. "Think of it like this. If you ever were to get lost at sea, you'd be prepared."     

Krisha says, "I wouldn't want to be lost at sea. But as I said I could learn later. your father could swim...well sort of, lot better than me"     

"Don't worry mom, you'll learn in no time. If a Dibbun gets trapped in the middle of our lake, then you can help them!" He giggles somewhat and looks towards Elbio. "Only a few more days, yeah?"     

Elbio had done a little scouting, and is now on his way back."Ok..so not far now..bout 4 days I say..maybe 5 depending on how much we rest"     

Krisha nods"I will think on it"She waves to Elibo and listens, a smile"That close? That's good, very good to know"     

"Yeah, that's perfect actually. If we step things up we'll be there before we even know it!" He smiles happily, glad he'll see his brother again.     

Elbio nods"We could even be thar a little sooner, we can check on Halyard on de way back, see how..de base is I suppose"   
Krisha asks, "So the Long Patrol has a small base in Halyard?How close is Halyard?"     

Caleb would just let them both talk, walking along with a smile on his face.     
Elbio replies as they walk downshore "About 5..ta 6 hours away from the mountain,not to far and we will go past it on the way to the mountain but as I said, we can check on things after Salamanstron"     

Krisha smiles"Alright, that sounds like a good idea."She hmms"I do hope we are not too much of a surprise"     

"I don't think we are. If Benar himself said that Oz is there, then that means they're expecting us already." He'd keep on walking after signing that, letting the ocean breeze hit his face.     

Elbio says, "Possible they are not lad. I only know cause...."He stops a moment"Zolomon told me he saw him,he..acted like he was hiding something , then we..I admit argued a little, kind of just went qiet...then forgave one another, he then mentioned Oz and some things that happen on the shores and seeing Vonda a short day a couple days after we left the abbey confirmed wot he said ta be true and that a horde of vermin, lead by zoltar, was slain and zoltar as well and that is Oz  safe in the mountain,but they had yet to..well get beasts together to bring him home cause the Long Patrol has a missing Major right now""     

Krisha listens, some she has heard and some she has not"Someone is missing?"She frowns."Well hopefully this major is found soon"     

Elbio says, "But...the Patrol will see us in a day or two..the cracter has a very good view and if something is seen scouts usually go have a look, just in case tis serious.""     

Krisha blinks, a nod"Makes since..theland is flat here and seems to, well"She chuckles"Go on for miles"     

Krisha has gotten use to walking along the beach and by the sea, even finding a couple interesting sea shells.     

Elbio even gets a shell, the walk has been relaxing for the most part, only one area by the river he made them hurry along, the area on the edge of the swamps, after that they rested a day and then got to the wetsern shores finally."It will be good ta see Salamanstron again, even if just a few days."     

Krisha places a shell in her bag."Not many places to really rest on the shore, is there"     

Elbio shrugs "Places can be found ta rest, every so often a rock or someplace, even made like a small , kind of den in the sand if needed."     

Krisha chuckles and looks at the sand,"Not sure I would feel safe in some...sand cave, a mole would likely call it unsafe"     

Elbio grins "A Long Patrol hare knows how ta bally well make it safe and not too close to the sea."     

A couple of hares appear out of the dunes. It's a small Patrol from Salamandastron. The highest ranking hare, a Corporal, salutes Elbio. "'Llo there, Sur. Lovely day for a stroll, although we didn't expect to see any Redwallers out here."   
Krisha gasps a little,then seeing its just hares she relaxing.She makes sure Caleb is still with her and Elbio and nods a hello.     
Elbio nods, he smiles"Tis fine lass, patrol hares can be good at surprise,trust me they wouldn't let a vermin know they were about"He nods to the hares" Yes..me and Caleb, and Mother Krisha of Redwall coming to the mountain, deliver some news, get some news..."He smiles"Fetch someone who needs to be back home"     
The Corporal nods. "You're about 3 or 4 days out from Salamandastron. We're on a patrol. I say, have you seen Major Varus, Sur? We thought he was dead, but then he showed up during the final fight. He seemed to be having memory issues, and then he ran off. There's a group out trying to find him. Have you seen him, Sur?"     
Krisha first asks"My son, is...is he at the mountain?" She then lets the Lt. speak     
Elbio sighs"Sadly no and I heard of his thought death and then that he was blooming missing.Hopefully he will found, the patrol blooming needs the major" His ears droop "I also know Major Pete...is dead, he..he helped me a lot in Halyard when I was studying to be a Lt."     

The Corporal sighs as the other hares start to make a sand cave in a nearby dune for tonight's camp. "Aye, Major Pete's death has hit us all pretty hard. We still haven't had a memorial for the fallen -- waiting to find Major Varus and bring him back before we do anything like that." A Private looks at the badger. "Your son? Oh, the little badger bloke? Yeah, he's safe in the Mountain."     

Krisha looks glad to know Oz is safe,she lets the hares talk as she stays off to the side.     

Elbio listens and nods"Yes tis is important to find Major Varus,I am sure they are doing their best to find him."He nods"When we 3 arrive likely stay a week at de Mt. then I want to check up on Halyard before heading back to the abbey"     
"Halyard was hit pretty hard by the invasion," the Corporal informs them. "The base was burned down and many other structures were damaged. Many of the residents were misplaced and are struggling to pick up the pieces of their lives. You may not want to go when you have a Dibbun with you."   

Krisha frowns looking at Elbio on what to do, "You said its like 4 hours away maybe you can check on it and come back for me and Oz..Caleb can go if he wants"     

Elbio hmms,he nods "A jolly good plan, yes that could work"     

One of the Privates approaches and salutes. "Camp is all ready for the night, Sah!" The Corporal nods. "Good, thank you." Turning to the Redwallers, he adds, "I would like to invite you lot to join us. It'll be safer, and we can all enjoy a meal together."     

Krisha smiles"Thank you, that would be good and it is getting dark"

Board footer