Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-07 05:40:04 PM

Ol'random
Website

The First Assault on the Mountain - Zoltar TP 6/5/21

Pvt. Slaw & Msgt. Terrence, hares, Zoltar, a wildcat, and lord Ciocan, spoofed by Slaw/Oz

Zoltar was already annoyed his 2nd in command was captive or maybe dead, he was not sure.He had a tight bandage around his right wrist, the bandage going down his arm a little ways. He smirks as he calls out "Knock knock, its time to surrender or we can just fight and get in anyways!"

Slaw frowned as he peeked out, his brother was back but recovering in the infirm,so here he was to fight without him, but least he knew his brother was safe now.

Any creature of the horde that comes within ten yards of the entrance will be driven back or fallen dead to a shower of arrows and stones from the unseen cracks and slits in the mountain, as several unfortunate ferrets and rats have discovered. Nearly all members of the Long Patrol able to fight are crowded together around the entrance and the various defensive positions and rooms within the mountain - be they from the Mountain, Homegaurd, or 67th regiments - and Terrence stood by the main entry, a barricade having been set up behind the gate.
No answer is given to Zoltar save for a lone arrow burying itself in the sand in front of him.

Zoltar chuckles, about 16 of his beasts die yet he chuckles. "Halyard fell so will this place"

"I wondah what he's saying..." Terrence mutters to himself, peering out the eye hole. "No mattah - prepare anothah volley!" The master sergeant shouts over his shoulder, up into the tunnel, "And aim fo'h the cat- I know he's out of range, but I want him scared."
The volley of arrows is soon loosed, nearly fifty at once, falling ever so slightly short of their primary target - but striking any vermin who might be closer.

Zoltar snorts "That all ya hares have! you cowards that just fire arrows and stones...ha!" He shouts and studies the gate, he knows it would be harder than Halyard of course.

Slaw starts to shout something back when another Private pulls him back.He sighs and gets back into a ready to fight pose.

Terrence glances aside at Slaw, small smile on his lips. "Private, you heah something?" Picking up a conk shell shaped to act as a amplifier, he calls out, "Seems like the kitty-cat is scared of getting closah! And you were sooo brave in Halyard, wot!"
To Zoltar and the horde it would seem like the voice - and the following laughter of hares - is echoing from the rocks and cracks from the mountain itself, the exact source hard to pin down.

Zoltar ears go back "So...you do hid!" He does get a little closer and  the beasts in front do have shields and others try to figure out how to fire back.

Slaw whispers "He called us cowards sur..." He leaves it at that, least the twins can be serious in following orders when its truly needed.

"Oh, I heard." The master sergeant replies in the same hushed tone, "But remembah, Slaw, who it was who needed ovah-whelming numbahs to beat us."
"HARES, LOOSE!" He shouts, and arrows and stones whistle out of the mountain. The shields do their job at protecting however, though every so often an arrow pierces the wood.
"Quick, let's prepare the big stones up in the sentry room." Terrence begins to head up the small stairway to the room just above, waving for Slaw to follow him. "Konnah, you're in charge down here fo'h now." The sentry room currently holds a squad of archer hares and a pile of heavy stones.

Zoltar orders "Get closer..now....you two archers fire back toward where they are." He is bound to at least kill one hare. He has skilled fighters as well as he paces and works out what to do "They will tire or slip once,thats when we strike!"

Slaw nods to Terrence and stays where is is for now.This is his first real fight as he was at the mountain when the base was attacked.

As the two vermin archers loose their arrows, only one makes it inside one of the holes - the gap being too narrow for anything else, and the other arrow clatters harmlessly against the stone. Whether the one inside hit a hare or not is unknown.
"As soon as they get close enough, Slaw, help me heave these rocks out the murdeh-hole atop them." Terrence has already begun the work of moving the stones.

Slaw nods, he tenses a little when one hare mutters a little, so one hare did get hit in the lower arm,but could of been a lot worse had they been in the open.

Of course, the two vermin archers - a stoat and a rat - are in range of the many, many hares above them. It may be fair to call the arrows and stones that rain down upon the pair 'overkill'. A grim smile spreads across his face as Terrence hears the thud of them hitting the earth- and he nods again to Slaw. "Private, be ready on my word, then heave, got it?"

Zoltar eyes go wide, other beasts back up a lot as he screams "Idiots...morons...I said find a way inside you wimps!" As for the two archers...they are very very, yep...dead.

Slaw holds back a chuckle at the overkill as he will help with more rocks it needed.

Zoltar gets a few arrows dancing around his feet-paws for his trouble.
"Why aren't they trying to take the gate?" Terrence murmurs more to himself than the private, thinking aloud. "If I were them, I'd have taken those shields and rush it... Unless they know about us up here? Hmm..." He shakes his head, another thought occurring, "I'll need to have the kitchens prepare boiling watah o'h oil soon, pou'h it down on them."

Zoltar knows to be careful, he doesn't want to lose too many beasts "See if they send one out, I will kill them one by one if needed"

Slaw frowns and shrugs "I..I don't, maybe they are planing something sur"

"No mattah- I think I know something to get them to move." Terrence stands up from the pile of stones. "Slaw, go run to the kitchens, ordah up a few boiling pots of whatevah - soup, watah, porridge, whatevah they have on paw - and get them brought up to here."

As none of the horde are coming within range of the mountain, the barrage of arrows and stones have stopped... for now.

Zoltar narrows his eyes, he nods to 10 strong looking beasts"Ram it...break it down!"

Slaw salutes and races off to do just that. He will soon return with a large bowl of porridge that the cook said get rid of, it was way too salty so get rid of it they shall it seems.

Ears shooting up as some hare shouts a warning, Terrence returns to look out the eye-hole. "Oh, now you try it. Bloody great timing." He mutters, crouching down next to the rock pile - he will wait until at least one of the vermin carrying the ram passes below before with a grunt heaving the rock forward and out the hole into the small area before the gate. When that's done, he'll repeat the process.

Zoltar motions for them to go again, one rat is..flattened with a large rock and another just grabs the ram to try the gates again.

Slaw moves slightly as the porridge pot is sit down by Ciocan. "So...the cat has started to try and enter, this likely won't be the last time either"

"Right sah," Terrence gives a quick salute to the badger lord, "And thank you, private."
He peers down to the gates below, where hares are bracing it against the ram. "Sah," he nods to Ciocan, "If you'd kindly do the honohs of pouring that atop the vermin..."

Ciocan has some hares too close to move, waits a moment and then goes to empty the porridge on the vermin. Slaw stays close,but not too close. "Did it...hit any of em'?"

A reply is screaming as 6 of the 10 vermin, it truly hit and one has serious burns. The wildcat hisses as his tail wags "Retreat...fools..This isn't over!" He then heads back out of range, to plan more and next time for for gross hot porridge.

To add to their misery, more arrows and stones are flung at the vermin burned at nearly point blank range.  Terrence leans against the wall, watching the wildcat as he orders a retreat. "Well, that seemed to do the trick - they're falling back."

Ciocan nods "For now, they will be back." He looks at Terrence "I need to decide what ta do with the rat we have in the cell, your the one who brought her in after all."

Terrence blinks. "Oh. In truth I'd forgotten about he'h... I'd say leave he'h to rot down there, fo'h now, until he'h mastah is dead and the siege is broken."

Ciocan nods as he steps back and watches the vermin retreat."Sounds fair...Sargent make sure we are good on supplies, we have no clue how long the siege will last.I feel the cat won't give up till either he and his horde is dead...or we are"

"Right, Sah, I'll see to it." Terrence salutes, before going back down the stairs and up the passageway into the mountain.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer