Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-28 06:00:59 PM

oz

This Hare Be Alive?- Zoltar TP

This was sent to me...Velm spoofed the fox Ray.

LOG:

It's all darkness. Darkness and a splitting headache. Darkness, a splitting headache, and, occasionally, glimpses of a wildcat, framed by fire. The old hare groans. Everything hurts, most especially his head and face. Dried blood crusts his back, and he can barely move. The harsh sunlight is beating down, the smell of death is everywhere, and flies are buzzing among the bodies. Zoltar has left the mess as-is, it would seem. Nobeast seems to want to touch the wreckage of the Long Patrol fort.

One beast seems unafraid too, a fox in a torn up sleeveless cloak who is walking around after the horde left, the only other things here are sea gulls. The fox looks around and carefully checks for anything of vaule on the horde beasts, he leaves the hares alone.He finds some sort of mug"This is nice...could keep it, not like a beast here needs it"

Is that a voice? That is a voice. The hare groans, a little louder than before, and he tries to say, "Who are you?" But instead it comes out as "Mmm-mmm-rrr-mmph."
How long has been laying here? He has no idea. Everything before this moment of waking up among the dead is a complete blank.

The fox spins around and lays a paw on a dagger, likely one from the horde and looks wide eyed at the old hare, he walks a little closer "Your...alive?"

Varus lifts his head and grunts. Well of course he is. He has an incredibly hard time keeping his eyes open against the bright sunlight. "Agh. Y-yes..." he rasps. His throat is incredibly dry and parched.

The fox lucky has waterskins , with some water and carefully goes to give the hare some water "I am..not with the ones who did this..those beasts are insane and have this crazy tattoo."He debates as he looks aroud, then back to the hare"Name is Ray...we should get ya outta 'ere though..somewhere.."

Varus drinks the water like his life depends on it. It probably does. He coughs, and hacks, afterward. "Ray," He croaks. "Yes, Ray, wot... I'm... I'm..." He wracks his fuzzy brain, but there's not a name to be found. "I have no idea. Or wot I'm even doin' 'ere," he murmurs
Ray looks around again and sighs,"Well if I leave ye 'ere your gonna die, fer sure if that insane cat comes back or any of his friends..."He hmms and smiles"I have a like old shack, we can go thar.Heal ya up and maybe find ya friends later"

Varus groans, and moves to sit up. "Friends?" He coughs. "I ain't got any friends." He winces, feeling the slash wounds on his back. "A shack sounds good, though. I got a bloody bad 'eadache."

Ray nods, he does notice the uniform "Well whoever ye be, ya seem important." He goes to help the hare up to head towards the shack, he is also on alert for any horde beasts"Some crazy cat and his horde attacked this place, took over too."

Varus grunts, accepting the help to stand. He wobbles on his feet. Looking down at his torn and bloodied outfit. "No idea," He answers. "I don't know if this coat is really mine..."

The fox shrugs"Well, maybe de memory will come back, could be temporarily...who knows, still bad luck for any hare ta stay in this fort."He ducks once when a horde beast passes and then moves to quickly get to the shack on the beach

Varus follows along with the fox. "Y' said a cat attacked this place?" He keeps seeing glimpses of a cat in his head. "Tell me more..."

Ray explains "Yeah, had a nasty scar on his face...had lot of bad beasts with him, this skull tattoo or something like that...think his name be...oh, zoltar heard a ferret mention it, wants Halyard and that mountain place wants soon too"

The two slowly get to the shack,  lucky with no issues and the fox gets some food out, its fish but its food.He also has some skills as a healer,  looks like the hare and fox are stuck together, for now.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer