Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-20 02:09:17 PM

oz

We need to Be Prepared-Zoltar TP

Ok NONE of my alts or characters in in this. Velm asked if I can pose an important role play on here...and so emailed me this to edit and now its up. This Happen ICLY Monday May 17th,2021

LOG:

Velm decided if he was gonna stay at the mountain, he was gonna do some training drills."Another round is not gonna kill ya, wot will is those horde beasts if ya not prepared."

Quinten is standing in the armory door talking quietly with a Sargeant and gesturing with a tightly rolled scroll. He's been making them do inventory and make sure everyone has armor and weapons..If anything needs to be repaired to send it to the forge so the blacksmiths can repair it.

One private, Private Kay, grumbles "Your annoying Lt. Ya know that?"

Velm just shakes his head and sighs. It seems this Private Kay has been annoying all morning.

Quinten walks on over to Velm, he strolls up hands tucked behind his  back as he glances over the ranks"Any problems Lt. Velm?"

Vonda is walking around quietly, getting used to being back after so long. She has yet to decide if she is staying or not, as of right now she has no choice but to stay due to the threats nearby. She stops by the door to not interrupt the talking or possible training going on.

Velm shakes his head" Just grumpy privates sur, I am making sure they are prepared, those vermin may not get inside, or maybe they will. Need hares to be able to defend the mountain cause trust me, those vermin are likely not coming ta just jolly well say Hallo"

Quinten smiles across at the Privates, "Grumpy you say..well we can't have that" His longears perk upright as the older buck considers them all."Fall them in, I shall...talk to them"He notes Vonda and inclines his ears towards her polity.

Vonda nods, a frown is seen. She knows and seen what the horde can indeed do.

Velm nods, he faces the Privates" You heard him, at attention..fall in line.    Nice straight lines too." Most do so without too much grumbling. Then there is Private Kay who crosses his arms over his chest"Wot happen ta break time?"

"I happen to break time." The general said walking forwards a few steps, moving to stand in front of Kay, staring down at them."So you all think a few extra drills are just a waste of time?"

He gestured along the line "You don't seem to quite realize what this horde means, well I do...do you know what happens if they break into the mountain? If they attack the village? We die, you, me, your friends standing to your left and to your right."

His ears folded back. "I've been there, last time the mountain fell I was one of the lucky ones who got out. I was just a Recruit at the time and we were evacuated but many of the hares we left behind we never saw again. Oh, some might be enslaved but that's a fate worse than death for a free hare."

He fell silent a moment, meeting Kay's eyes. "You know what these drills are for? To help us work together, there are no heroes, no charging forward, these aren't a bunch of drunk sailors from the taverns causing havoc. These are killers, trained warriors, warriors who have the same training as you or I. We train, we drill, to work together, every hare in this room, in this mountain must work together as a team. We are the Long Patrol and the stronger, the faster, smarter we act then the mountain cannot and shall not fall."

"But only if you all work together, only if we all stand together and if that means extra drills then we do extra drills together our family, our patrols, our friends and family need us to be the best. So Salamanstron can stand and freedom can continue to reign."

Vonda listens, even if she has yet to decide to call the mountain home. This was home when she was a dibbun, she walks into the room as she speaks, "I have seen what this horde, no monsters can do. They destroyed the otter holt I called home, yes it was family to me the past seasons. All the...all the otters are dead ".Tears come." Those otters saved my life and now they are gone forever, I will never see or hear them ever again. I only have my adopted brother Kelp and if anything happens to him, I would be lost. I and Kelp were told to stay here by a friend I made, and my friend is who knows where now...dead? Alive? I have no clue and it scares me"

Velm starts to speak, then lets Vonda talk. He hmms, does she mean that cloaked beast he seen her with?"So as said, we need to be prepared, fight to stay safe, and work together."

Quinten says"Now, if anyone has a problem with continuing to train, let me know and I'll wash you out of the patrol here and now. We need every beast to be together so we can  stand against these marauders"

Vonda sits down on a bench and rubs her eyes. She speaks quietly "I want to help also. I can cook, do some first aid. Can use a staff and sling."

Velm    looks at the privates, Kay frowns."sorry...surs."He seems to finally understand just how serious this really is. All the  Privates look a little worried but all agree yes training is good. Velm walks over to Vonda."That's up ta the General or his Lordship if you can help Vonda."He hmms"Wot of your...friend, he could come here perhaps?"

Quinten hands the Privates back over to Velm after Saluting them and walking over to Vonda as well."It is miss Vonda no? If you wish to help we are taking Volunteers, if you want to fight I ask you to sign on with one of the recruit squads. You could also focus on the infirmary,  it could do with some help and cooking is always welcome."

Vonda nods first to Velm." He...can't come into here..sur."She is worried though, she then studies Quinten and manages a smile"I..I remember you. I..got in trouble for climbing the library shelf, but you were not General then."

Velm goes over to the Privates "Ok you lot a couple of laps around the mountain and ...get some lunch and a small break."Breaks are still important after all as yes be prepared but not over tried doing so.

Quinten smiles at Vonda"I remember that day, you brought a whole shelf of scrolls down on your head. I was just Librarian then. Welcome home, I am sorry about your parents they were the best of hares. You are always welcome here Vonda. You need not be in the patrol to stay, should you decide you want to stay"

Vonda nods"Thank you. I am unsure yet...this is home it just doesn't feel like home. I was told this is the safest place to be right now, so guess some time to think?"

Velm  asks, he is curious"Who is your friend?" He can't help it, he just is..curious" I saw him right before you and Kelp were placed in my care basically, a cloaked beast...runs fast too I noticed."

Quinten is now curious as well."You don't have to tell us. They seem to want to hide their ID" He looks at Velm"Vermin perhaps......we do not hate all vermin" He looks at Vonda "I am friends with the town seer, he is a rat"

Vonda takes a deep breath "He isn't vermin...."She blinks "A rat, your friends with a..rat?" She is a bit surprised. but speaks "One of the ones who attacked the holt...we saw a tattoo...a skull and crossbones, red slashes threw it....very creepy..maybe all the horde beasts have it?"

Velm hmms "A tattoo...that very helpful"

Quinten "Ah then I was mistaken...sorry. Not many beasts not allowed inside here." He frowns at Velm"Which brings up...we may need to have a talk with his Lordship, well..I will. If this horde hits Halyard and the beasts are driven out..we must offer villagers refuse and we can't discriminate"

Velm  nods"Some may dislike vermin inside but as said, most get along with us and likely even be willing to help us protect Salamanstronm if needed."

Vonda frowns and then speaks "My friend is Zolomon....but ..but he may be dead. I don't...someone said they...saw him, but I don't know if that was before or after....we saw the holt burned down. I care a lot about him, and I am worried. I got to know him, his protective and caring side...yes he is..rough around the edges, but...he's my friend."

Velm ears perk up "I /knew/ that was him in the cloak"He does frown sat, yeah it's hard to say on alive or dead, and the badger cub came to the mountain area after the hare maid.

Quinten sighs" His caring and protective side was never the issue, there were....other issuers." He shakes his head" But alas that's the past right now and I can't overrule the Badger Lord. Still, I am sure he is glad your safe Vonda, and...sadly I have no news on how he is now or where."

Vonda nods, "So..where would villages go if...if they did need to flee or hide from this horde"

Velm speaks "By the way, Zolomon is allowed on the beach, even Halyard...just not inside Salamandstron"

Quinten frowns "We have room in the cavern for villagers, we could set up pallets and sleeping areas down there. We can't just leave innocent beasts outside to be slaughtered. I will discuss plans with his Lordship. We may not need to put them into practice, but it helps to be prepared."

Velm nods "Of course `sur.I just hope the hares at the base in Halyard will be ok. They do have Major Varus and Master Sargeant Terrence with them, so they are in good paws."He frowns worried "And...and Donica is thar..so yeah they have her and a couple of other healers to..to help with that" Yes he is worried about Donica.

Vonda frowns "You..Don't think the vermin can..get inside here, do you?"

Quinten says"I highly dought it miss Vonda."He smiles"In all our 1000s of seasons of history.. it's only been breached 3 times and never held."

Vonda manages a smile "I will...try not to worry then"

Quinten nods ?"We will stand firm. Velm, miss Vonda."He nods and starts for the door"For now I have a meeting with the Quartermaster, I will speak to you again soon"

Velm salutes and sits down, he needs a break now. He glances at Vonda"You...mentioned a tattoo...any way you could draw it?"

Vonda nods "I..can try sur"

Velm nods and quickly gets a charcoal stick and a paper handing it to her.

Vonda draws out the skull with crossbones underneath. "And the lines going threw...they are red." She makes the lines and writes down about the red line color, the lines are /// like this. She shows him the paper.

Velm nods,"Alright....gonna give this to his Lordship and Quinten, thank you...and.."He sighs" I do hope it turns out Zolomon isn't dead. I knowsome...yes hate him here, but I am not one of them...anyways I have to go, its lunchtime now by the way"He then is off.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer