Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-20 03:35:21 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Client help! D:

So, the MudPortal that I always use isn't working, I don't have the other client that is on my old laptop here on my new laptop, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the RWMUCK on the new client I just downloaded.

HELP!!!

#2 2021-02-20 03:59:38 PM

Ol'random
Website

Re: Client help! D:

What client are you using?
This page from the wiki has a tutorial for telnent+ links to several other client guides https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#3 2021-02-20 04:26:13 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Oz helped me figure out the stupid MUSH Potato thing. 

I don't know all the things to enter everywhere and what all to click to get to the world x.x 

That guide was not helpful for my lack of knowledge sad

#4 2021-02-20 06:56:26 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

You good now, Blisa? Connecting can be a pain in the butt without a functional web client.

If anybody wants to update the Quick Start Guide on the wiki to make it easier to follow, please feel free. There may be better options for clients / apps these days. I threw that list together cuz those are the ones I have used, but some of ‘em are like 20 years old tongue

#5 2021-02-20 07:01:50 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Well, part of the issue was I didn't understand what information to put where, or what to click once I had done that.  Oz and I were sending screenshots to each other trying to figure it out.  So if someone who's good at connecting with clients could add greater detail to this, that would be really helpful.

And yes, I was able to connect and RP.  Now hopefully I can repeat whatever steps I need to in the future....

Board footer