Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-30 06:45:52 PM

Ol'random
Website

There's work yet to be done - LP 1/30/21

Terrence and Zolomon, hares

Zolomon helped where he was asked to help, in fact cleaning a lot of the seaweed out of the building. He helped get a little water out,  still was a lot of mud but any job like this will take a while.

Terrence had been busy overseeing two squads clearing out the broken lumber and brining replacement wood - he'd been operating as he saw fit, though he did keep in contact with Elbio. Due to this he'd kept his distance from Zolomon as their work had been in different place, though now he comes up the makeshift walkway quickly made from planks the hares had placed down until everything was fixed. The sergeant pauses to watch his fellow NCO work. "Zolomon." He grunts in greeting.

Zolomon looks up and gives a nod, " Hallo Terrence, this is gonna take a lot of work, but in a few days should be able to use it as our base."

"Indeed." Terrence nods, looking around the area. "Daresay I'll have some of the hares set to work on the walls and doors, and boardah up the windows till we get a carpentah to make propah coverings."

Zolomon nods " Yes and..get the docks rebuilt,  then somehow make sure scum stay away, stay gone." Oh this tone is a little scary and so unlike him, he is like a different hare now.

"Indeed." Terrence repeats, and after the word he lets a silence settle in. Some time later he sits down next to a large hole were the water had surged up during the storm. "It's gonna be long work eithah way, I say. Wood'll be hard to find once we use the stocks, and I doubt the village will let us dip into the boat making materials..."

Zolomon snorts , " We need to clean this place up..and maybe find wood..well somewhere." He glaces around " Most here seem....fine, not all though  but I can handle them if needed"

Standing back up the sergeant comes over to Zolomon with an expression usually reserved for rowdy recruits. "You'll do no such thing, sergeant." Terrence's voice is firm. "Meaning dealing with the locals. We can't go around beating anyone up who doesn't want us here. As fo'h the wood," He steps back already moving on, "I'm planning having some hares go make eithah a deal with the loggers o'h boatwrights fo'h the timbah."

Zolomon makes a fist but keep it at his side and glares at his fellow sergeant, " Back...off."

Terrence eyes dart to the fist then flare - but the moment of rage soon passes. ”Zolomon.” He says, quietly, a warning still in his tone. "Need I remind you that you are on duty and you'h behavio'h since we set out has been inexcusable. Please think about what you do, if not fo' you'h own sake then fo'h the rest of us. Am I being cleah?"

Zolomon takes a deep breath, he nods "Fine..." He releases the fist and mutters.

"If you say so." Terrence replies, unconvinced and takes a few steps back. He watches Zolomon carefully as he speaks again, "I understand you'h friend died and you'h right peeved about it, but there's nothing you can do. What you can do, howevah- you made a promise to the Long Patrol and we need you to come through on it. The hares and the local beasts here need you'h help - not the dead."

Zolomon again breaths in deeply. "I can...protect the ones here from the scum. I can find and fill the evil ones with arrows if needed."

"Just make sure its the right beast you fill with arrows." Terrence inspects a broken piece of glass on the ground. "And the hares here at least need you as a sergeant - they can protect themselves well enough."

Zolomon nods, "Fine...I can and will do my duties, not to worry. I don’t plan to fool around,  gonna be more serious"

"Uh huh." Terrence still seems unconvinced, and they might have different ideas of what fooling around is. "Just don't let it get in the way of doing the work that needs doing, Zolomon."

Zolomon salutes and nods. "Of course"

"Don't salute to me." Terrence chuckles despite himself. "Same rank, remembah? Only need to salute to the poo'h ensign Elbio up here."

Zolomon nods, "Elbio... yeah, he seems to dislike me… anyways I should get back to work chat later…Terrence"

With a curt nod, Terrence turns on his heel. "As should I, sergeant." He'd have to speak to Elbio at some point as he's certain the ensign is stressed out of his ears with the amount of things he'd now in charge of - plus Terrence doubted if the dislike Zolomon felt towards himself will linger long if they all do what needs doing.
"Greenhill!" He shouts when he's outside again, "I'll need those planks here by tomorrow, if you can manage!"

-
edit: i forgot to copy/paste a pose from zolomon rip

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-02-02 02:45:04 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer