Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-15 04:29:01 PM

Elmef

Updates on the Adventures

I will be away from Thursday, so tonight is my last night on really.
I may get on a bit if I am able to do so this week but after that I will be gone for Christmas

Western Shore:

The Docks at Halyard have entirely collapsed
This has cut off the towns ability to fish which is causing them food issues
Salamandastron and the Long Patrol are going to have to pitch in to help get the docks rebuilt so the town can get the fishing fleet back out to sea and start bringing in food again.

The crew of the ship are squirrels and otters from Southsward, their captain is Lord Gregor Farquaharian, a noble from Southsward but he prefers Lord Captain as a title to Prince. Turns out the mice on his from the Empire of Castes. As a noble Gregor visited one of their trading port and purchased them all and was taking them back to Southsward so they can all be free beasts once more!

He is a devilish swashbuckler but he and his crew are stuck here in the mountain for Winter now and he is more then happy to dig in and help out around the mountain and Halyard. The mice passengers are also happy to help Halyard, they are just pleased to be free once more! There are 26 of them and they are planning to settle in Halyard and help rebuild the town.

Redwall:

The snow is deeeeep!
The Gatehouse and the Champion's cottage need digging out to rescue everyone stuck inside.
The Dibbun Treehouse has collapsed
The weathervane has vanished into the snow somewhere in the Rose-Garden

SNOW!
It is here to stay
The Abbey is entirely cut off currently due to the snow, the roads are blocked and the pond is 100% frozen over!
Once we dig out some paths to places we could even go ice skating.

Last edited by Elmef (2021-01-13 12:22:41 PM)

#2 2020-12-15 05:36:43 PM

Log-A-Log

Re: Updates on the Adventures

Forgot a word or two...from his ship

This should be fun. Elibo will help.

Saddly Log-a- Log and his shrews are a but traped in the main building at thier camp but they are safe and warm least.

I may make a sparrow for the abbey. Maybe the newer leader even and use that missing eggchick idea. Maybe even have this new leader unsure of those..abbeyworms

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#3 2020-12-16 09:01:46 AM

Mother Krisha

Don't forget some flooding of lower levels in the mountain,though the water is going down now.

#4 2020-12-17 08:08:51 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

empire of castes=those darned rats who attacked redwall while our heroes were off rescuing the dibbuns

fitting the weathervane that held martin's sword is in the garden of the late rose that was named after his true love...

fv is buried, too.  everyone is stuck together in the tavern, except for those who disobeyed blisa's command.  that should be hilarious oocly xD

have a good holiday break, elmef!  hope to rp again soon big_smile

#5 2020-12-17 10:21:39 PM

oz

Maybe rescue dorarose this Saturday? Or next

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#6 2020-12-18 06:48:10 AM

Elmef

If we are rescuing Dora on Saturday i might be able to be on!
Do let me know if we can move ahead with that!!

Squirrelbabe and Benar need to have a long talk too but we keep missing each other.

#7 2020-12-18 11:42:48 AM

Log-A-Log

I say....if Elmef can be on

Free Dora.....and the champion too. Heck maybe Matilda is with her even? *shurgs*

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#8 2020-12-19 12:06:20 AM

BlisaMarshmellow

i do apologize for only just now seeing this! sad

i am planning on being on tomorrow, so we can do the rescue rp if all goes as planned (as well as the fv rp i have planned). 

why would matilda be in the gatehouse?  I'm open for people's thoughts, because i hadn't planned on having her there.

squirrelbabe excels at avoiding talks, so we can just say she lied to the grown-ups and avoided benar at all costs until we're able to do that rp.  it definitely fits her, so it works out just fine.  (i now have visions of benar having to like trap her on a high windowsill because she's evading him and climbing everywhere...)

#9 2020-12-19 10:48:19 AM

Mother Krisha

Well

I suppose Matilda is somrewhere...or busy? I Don't Know gonna say Krisha has not seen her since the storm so if asked she isn't sure

#10 2020-12-19 01:45:22 PM

Elmef

I will try and be on

but all our Christmas plans just got cancelled out from under us
So I may not be in the right mood to RP

#11 2020-12-31 09:27:13 PM

Mother Krisha

We need ta start that stuff in Halyard......also since Donica is back on full time,  not an NPC now...she will gladly help ( you do have permission to say she is helping as a healer though...I am offline  till Jan 15th oocly but ICLY Donica would of course help in Halyard I mean you all will need a healer and so will those in Halyard

#12 2021-01-01 11:03:24 AM

Log-A-Log

Hello

I been thinking of a vermin we may of forgotten...Zoltar

Yes the wildcat is around still with 3 ferret friends.  He got stuck at the Black Gull,as did some other vermin...

Anyways his plan gain some friends, rob beasts on the dirt road..maybe slay a beast here and there. Heck he already killed a couple foxes at the gull cause they angered him. Anyways  Zoltar is around and  it's nice to have some evil vermin. to...spice things up once in a while...and who knows maybe Zoltar can prove to be more dangerous than one thinks

#13 2021-01-01 11:06:29 AM

Log-A-Log

also,

What is updates for Halyard as Elbio will go to Halyard as he been wanting to see it. I know docks are...gone and heard some broken windows and damage to a shop or two maybe?

Also is the water out of the tunnels now? We need an update on that results ...ect also

#14 2021-01-02 09:29:32 AM

Elmef

Sorry I have been busy with life, Christmas, New Year and all of that.

Halyard wise: The Docks have collapsed and the fishing boats can't get in and out of the harbour easily.
This is affecting Halyards ability to get food in to the village, so they may need to ask the Mountain for aid.
The water is mostly gone from the tunnels but they are still working on purifying the well, this is taking some time.

----

Redwall is still mostly buried in snow, there are snow tunnels between the Main Hall and the two cottages
The orchard can't be reached at all right now nor can the pond

They are working on reaching the Kitchen Yard so they can access the workshops
But there is plenty of fuel and food.

I should set a date to carry on with the various plots but it may be a few days before I can commit.
Probably week after

12th for LP going to Halyard to help?

#15 2021-01-02 01:19:56 PM

Mother Krisha

I know Terrence mentioned wanting to help with halyard.

I will be back on15th Jan...ICLY as said Donica is going to Halyard so ya all have a healer there.

at Abbey:

A Path was cleared to Rose Garden Area, course just to it...they still need to dig around for the weather vane smile

#16 2021-01-02 03:21:39 PM

Ol'random
Website

Oh yeah, the 12th should work for me - and honestly any day that's not a Thursday
I'm sorry I've not been on (and I still wont be on today as family stuff is happening)
For Halyard Terrence will be advocating for establishing some sort of semi permanent camp as the distance between the mountain and the village is upwards of four hours, plus it would give safer shelter to anyone who had homes damaged in the storm
As for Zoltar - I'd love to do some RP with him with either Atticus or John, in part to introduce ideas for future plot ideas I have, which I'll probably make a discussion post bout when I have time, and in part to use those two characters again because boy have they been on a back-burner

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#17 2021-01-03 01:23:15 PM

oz

I can have Zolomon on for the 12th smile.

Also gonna do a roleplay today on finding the weather vane..course finding it is just step one as likely be a while till it's back on roof cause..duhhhhh....snow and ice and way...up...high!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#18 2021-01-03 01:57:48 PM

Mother Krisha

yeah gonna be like spring sometime to get the weather vane back to the roof.

I can be on a couple of hours today, then won't be on till the 15th of January.

I would also say they have a tunnel to the bell tower too or at least by end of today, got to be able to ring the bells smile.

#19 2021-01-03 05:13:18 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

yes, lily does enjoy waking everyone up at the crack of dawn with matthias and methuselah...

#20 2021-01-04 01:16:42 PM

oz

Ok so seems this is where paths are made at the abbey=

To the gatehouse and champion Cottage from main building

A path was made to the Rose Garden to get the weather vane, the weather vane was gotta and is safe somewhere in the abbey till it can be put up again

A path was made to the graveyard, but part of that path caved when some fresh snow fell....it wasn't a good path anyways and was tempary so  they could let Velm look at the memorial made in honor of hares lost during the Ormaz siege role play

A path is now to the Bell Tower Ya!

WORKING ON:

A Path is still being made to Kitchen Yard...maybe it's half done?( A role play to finish this maybe)

No Paths to orchards or pond yet.....maybe we can role play one being started ( A role play to  get this done maybe...least to pond so we can ice skate  before winter done)

OTHER ROLEPLAYS FOR ABBEY:

1. Bored Dibbuns?

2. Just talking of the cold and hoping allies are ok, the normal ok so what do while snowed in etc etc...

HALYARD:

This should be interesting...some vermin welcome the help and some do not. Of course any woodlanderss living here welcome . Also maybe supply ship has to dock along the beach and help is needed to get supplies to Halyard...IDK...

Maybe a family needs help to find some lost young ones?

Either way should be fun.

As for Zoltar.....some vermin mischief along road be interesting...I am sure small paths may or may not be around....

I play:

#21 2021-01-04 01:21:19 PM

Log-A-Log

Tollroad!

Trust me Zoltar has his ways to try and get around and has found himself a small hut in the woods to stay at for now. It use to belong to a family of 3 rabbits....Zoltar slayer them..what he is EVIL!!!!

Hmmms wonder if Zoltar can get some snow shoes somehow.

#22 2021-01-04 07:58:50 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i am all for running some very, very bored dibbuns big_smile

ha!  yes, zoltar should make the main road a toll road, just to be evil xD

remember, though, that everything is snowed in.  imagine having like 5 feet of snow everywhere and no modern equipment to help clear it away with since redwall is set in the medieval era.  plus, just think how tall our characters are in comparison to 5 feet of snow.  the road and the woodlands are going to be practically impassable for a few months.  there would also be snow on top of the pond's frozen surface; I'm not sure they'd be able to get to skate on it.  clearing off all the snow seems dangerous since they wouldn't be able to tell where the thin ice is, and ice skating isn't a necessity.  we need to keep this in mind, especially since the snow wouldn't be immediately melting like it does in some areas here in America.

snowshoes should be pretty easy to make, though (i think???).  and, i mean, angela has a pair.  why not zoltar, and even other chars? tongue  maybe there's instructional videos or something on how to make snowshoes that can help us figure out how to rp out some being made...

#23 2021-01-05 01:21:29 PM

oz

pond supposed to be frozen soild... but yes some snow would be on it. It's also likely not frozen all the way to bottom...and may be a small chance of not as thick ice in middle. Guess we can figure it out.

I play:

#24 2021-01-05 02:02:36 PM

Log-A-Log

More...late medieval or what ever came after that. As hares sort of based off people in 1700s I think read somewhere.

But yeah still be hard to clear snow as they have shovels yeah and....moles tongue...

Someone mentioned on muck maybe a tree falling into the pond....maybe the one the dibbuns tree house was in cause it's like an old tree that maybe been...slowly having some issues for a while. It wouldn't have to effect the other  trees as I always figured this one stood a way from others and hardly really had fruit on it ever...mean why else was a tree house made...anyways could have a role play of it crashing....maybe some dibbuns somehow get that far to check on it....and someone follows into the tunnel and gets them out of the way  as the tunnel somehow further...weakens the tree and as said could fall onto pond....heck could mess up plans to ice skate this winter....just idea me and another spoke of.

#25 2021-01-05 02:34:58 PM

oz

I play:

Board footer