Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-01 11:31:59 AM

oz

Gorvenalus is Back-Redwall Log

Who:

Gorvenalus- Recorder

Xander- Novice

Krisha- Badger Mother

LOG:

Gorvenalus slept in, one of the few times he did so when he ventured out of his room it was past lunchtime. A frown formed on his face as he went ahead to the book binding room in the library.

Xander was dusting and saw Gorvenalus and laying aside the duster quickly went over to him and just hugged him, not saying anything just hugging him before he got a chance to really sit down.

Gorvenalus remained silent and then spoke "Hello Xander, I see you got back  safe and I heard Mother Krisha and the others did as well, thanks to you leading them back. The wildcat is still out there but I don't think will be much of an issue or I hope not anyway."

Xander finally spoke "I am glad your ok Gorvenalus, I was worried you could be hurt...or worse" He steps back "Yeah, all home and safe, and Matilda was alerted by Patch and I am glad they found you."He still seems concerned"But wot bout...Zoltar?"

"What of him?" Gorvenalus asks "Yes he is alive but one doesn't always need to solve a vermin issue with death. One  does need to keep an eye out if on the roads as Zoltar and his friends are likely still trouble to some traveling."

Xander nods slowly and shakes his head "I...when he was at Brock Hall I felt like....I am unsure but I was angry with him, kind of glad I didn't have my blade...but I could have also taken him out without it had you not stopped me from letting my anger...well ..worsen" He sits on a pile of pillows and places his head in his paws "I still have anger issues...I still felt an urge to just..go hunting down that cat, but I didn't..but I wanted to"

Krisha enters with a tray  with soup, a roll, and some cheese and bread "Here Gorvenalus..."She sits it down and goes to lay a paw on Xander's shoulder."Love?"

Xander takes a calming breath and opens his good eye to look at Krisha and smiles "Hey..I am ok just..wondering if Patch was right and I am not cut out ta be a novice after all"

Gorvenalus nods his thanks for the food and speaks to Xander "Novice Xander...you are, do you think Martin found it easy to be a novice...even your grandfather Zork had struggles with it" He also walks over "You are doing well, the simple fact you didn't just go off on your own to find me...shows growth in your journey to be a novice. And anger issues...can be worked on, maybe something like simple breathing or a hobby....I know you like working with clay and baking"

Krisha chuckles "Yeah he baked a LOT that last day, dinner was more a...desert but was good. He is a great cook"

Xander smiles "Yeah...just need to work on some other things to cook....do well with breads, rolls....need work on like stews and soups...though did well with fish.." He sighs "Yeah.....heck may even try and learn a new  hobby...not sure wot"

Gorvenalus nods "Well maybe wood working or even forge, though we have Krisha for the small amount of forge work seeing as it's rarely needed at the abbey....you could work on your ale making skills...Matilda can help you with that, your a good leader in groups...perhaps teach the dibbuns, one class on...hmmms well something...reading or math, maybe writing or  something else even"

Krisha smiles "A helper with classes be nice actually and the dibbuns like Xander" She adds "Not today though, they got a rather long lecture today from me, and no play time for a couple of days. They are doing chores like sweeping and folding laundry, some are dusting and one is cleaning a mess made cause someone sneaked in pudding and it got all over the boy's room. Also, I have yet to figure out what to do with Tanya, may just have the abbot deal with her."

Xander hmmms"Maybe help with writing. I would not be a good math helper, and could read to them and have them read to me.....as for  any other class...maybe teach them a simple recipe to make cookies or some other simple treat...tell them to be good as its getting Snow Badger time"

Gorvenalus chuckles "Snow Badger time  hmm, well always good to remind them of that it's in like 3-4 weeks I believe. I am sure plans will be made for his  visit"

Krisha nods "Yes the usual cookies and maybe mint hot cocoa this year I will speak with the friar soon. And that night is not just for the dibbuns...anyone really. We could have stories and such, candy chestnuts and have fun....some light snacks and drinks. Will also let Benar know"

Xander nods "Sounds fun...too bad no hares around"He chuckles "Always was nice  to have a hare be a..ya know...helper coming ta check on the dibbuns and others to make sure they are good"

Gorvenalus chuckles "Yes, one never knows....we will have an abbey hare but not till spring....Elbio will be back then"He glances at Xander "I have a task for you novice Xander, your gonna help me  in the book binding room."

Krisha heads off to tend to the dibbuns and gives a wave bye.

Xander follows Gorvenalus into the book binding room "I..don't know how ta fix a book" He will try his best though

Gorvenalus smiles "Time to learn that new skill" He will let him know what to do, teach him to be careful and even give a bit of a history lesson. There are 2 books here from Brock Hall that will be fixed up as the spine on both is broken and one has a couple torn pages and there is the gentle cleaning of the outside of the book.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer