Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-20 01:58:01 PM

oz

No One Likes Me-Redwall Log

Who:

Ciana- Dibbun Hare

Benar- Abbot of Redwall

Matilda-Champion of Redwall

Anna- Sister in Order of Redwall

Tanya- Otter dibbun

LOG:

Ciana slips in quietly and goes under one of the tables. She has slipped off during the time the dibbuns are having some play time before class, but she seems not interested in playing with the others.

Benar comes walking down the stairs, turning a scroll carefully between his hands as he reads it. He pauses and looks around the hall and frowns momentarily at the little one and starts to weave across toward her, "Ciana dear what are you doing out here?"   

Ciana frowns as she hugs her knees to her chest "Sitting....no one likes to play with me, or be ...friend" She sniffs as she rubs her eyes, "No one like me...tells me to go away"   

Benar says, "Oh now I am sure that is not true," He leant down and smiled, "But if any dibbun was being mean to you I will tell them what for."

Ciana frowns, "They say...tis my fault the bad beasts...came." It's true a couple of the dibbuns have been rather mean to the little hare, maybe more so the past couple of days. "Said...shouldn't of been...shouldn't be here" Tears threaten to fall down her face."And that...daddy was...was bad. "   

Benar says, "Nonsense," Benar crouched down, "The bad beasts had nothing to do with you, "He frowns, "I will talk to Mother Krisha and the little ones myself. Your daddy was not bad.... your daddy was being forced to do things by the bad beasts so they would not kill you.... he was keeping you safe."

Ciana frowns, she is not sure what to believe "Bad...whys say he bad? And why he not...run away, he said he would go ways with me and he, he didn't"She sniffs a little again "And Tanya.." We have a name now seems. "Say no one want me....and ..." Her ears droop now " And that..E..Eli..bo" Ok some trouble with his name " No really want me and that why he left abbey and no take me with him..that he just say he would adopt me....that he lied to me...did he lie?"   

Benar crouches down and places a hand atop Ciana's head, "Now all of that is untrue, Tanya is going to get a talking to. Your daddy could not run away, because if he did the bad beasts would kill you. Elibo will be back in the Spring, he had to go home because Lord Ciocan needed him in the mountain and it was a long journey for you to do again. So he left you here with me and Mother Krisha."

Ciana starts to look hopeful "He coming backs then?" She smiles a little remembering the badger " He a very..VERY tall badger..taller than Mother Krisha..." And a question "Cans I go to home too?"   

Benar says, "Yes he is a very big badger, and Elbio will be coming back in the spring. I promise," he looks around, "I think the plan Ciana is you will stay here with us.... your daddy can't come back any more"

Ciana frowns "But...you say he be back spring....he not staying?"   
Benar slows down, trying his best to follow the dibbuns thoughts, "Elbio will be staying here, when he returns here he will be living here and working with me."   

Ciana seems to calm a little, she would like to see Elbio as dad it seems but also is unsure that is still happening, least for now. She frowns "Miss..Elb..io...want him be daddy.....cause real daddy...gones." She has been told Jet is dead, course she is also at that age of not truly fully understanding yet but seems to be starting to understand Jet is gone forever, she just hopes someone else isn't either.   

Benar reaches out and pets her long ears, "He will be back, if you like, we can write a letter to him? I can ask one of my bird friends to take it or send it with someone to deliver it." He hopes he can talk a bird into going, he doesn't want to send a beast out in this wintering weather to deliver mail to the mountain.

Ciana reaches out for a hug not really saying anything on a letter so maybe it's ok not to send one."Back..soon..."She says quietly a couple of times as if reassuring herself. She has calmed some and speaks "Me join hare Patrol when gets bigger...right?"   

Benar says, "You can be in the Long Patrol when you are older yes, they are always welcoming to young hares," He smiles, "Now let's get you back to the others and I... shall have words with Tanya."

Ciana frowns, she then nods finally as if to say ok.."But...what ifs not wanna ...see me?"   

Benar says, "He will want to see you as will all the hares and the big badger, I promise."   

Ciana nods again, she smiles a little better and takes his paw. but frowns "Buts...Sister Anna doing...math...math is yucky"   

Benar says, "Everyone needs to know basic maths," Benar said as he started back toward the school room, "You will find it useful."   

Ciana frowns but will follow him, it's very clear math is not her favorite thing to learn.   

Benar smiles and hands her back over to Sister Anna, sending her back to class

====Later in the late afternoon===

A traveling group of 3 rabbits had come to the abbey. They had a cart with them and shared some stories and songs, they also traded a couple hard to find spices for some fruits. They left in the morning.........with something extra.......

Ciana looked at the cart and seemed to like its bright colors.

Tanya, the dibbun otter came down the path, grumpy "Gonna get that tattle tail good...ohhhhh"

Ciana gasped and quickly climbed into the back of the cart, to hide.

But she would end up falling asleep and unknows to...anyone at the time, she is in the cart when the traveling rabbits leave that morning right before lunch, yes Ciana would be looked for but she has slipped off before...but after checking the attic and the cellar....and it gets dark......beasts start to get seriously worried.

"What...what do we do Matilda?" Sister Anna asked.

Matilda takes a deep breath " Tell Benar, find out when Ciana was seen last she has to be somewhere in the abbey..."She frowns, there was no way she could have gotten outside the abbey.....was there?

==Will they find Ciana? How far will Ciana get before the rabbits find her? Will she ever get back to the abbey? What if she is never found....gasp what will they tell Mother Krisha then??!!... Stay tuned!! ==

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer