Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-22 11:51:16 PM

Ol'random
Website

LP Log 10/21/20

Pvt. Koda,
Sgt. Terrence,
Mjr. Varus,
and Sgt. Zolomon

Zolomon walks in from the Upper Level, looks a little tied but other wise he is alert this afternoon and getting use to being back as he did tag along to go to Redwall.

Covered in sand, Terrence comes from the passageway out with his uniform coat slung over one shoulder. The sergeant pauses upon seeing Zolomon, offering a small nod. "Zolomon." He says - he seems rather preoccupied.

Zolomon gives a nod "Sur" Seems he will still call Terrence this "Ya doing ok? Everyone that went is back, even got a couple new privates now"

"So I've heard." Terrence doesn't correct the honorific. "I'm fine, as fine as one can be with this patrol." The bespectacled hare shakes his head. "The new privates will need to go through recruit training no matter their rank or experience - and I doubt they'll be happy." After a moment, he asks, more intently than before, "What's your opinion of them, cor- sergeant?"

Zolomon nods as he listens, " So far they seem to follow orders and get along with others, they were with Monty and Adrian, and Monty and Adrian seem to have gone on on more, suppose, recruit searching or something, thar is also a haremaid who I believe will just be helping in like the kitchens or somewhere not sure"

Terrence nods. "Adrian's still a corporal, right? I've only eveh talked to him once o'h twice, but that was seasons ago - long before you got here." As for the others, he simply nods again. "Anything else you noticed? Do they know how to fight, camp...? At least the hare maid knows how to cook, though I'm thinking I'll have the whole lot of them learn how."

Zolomon replies "Far as I know he is still Corporal and I believe they know how to fight, oh there is also Elibo though he is just here during the winter...well he is here now but goes back to the abbey in spring"

"Elbio?" The name sounds strange in Terrence's mouth, and he says it a few times. "Well, eithah way I'll make him into a right prop patrol hare - especially with what happened to Ewan at Redwall." He scowls. "We do not need to lose anothah hare to those woodlands. I'm assuming he's the new hare fo'h that abbey?"

Zolomon nods, he does frown a little as he remembers Ewan, " Yes, he is. He is in the Mt. somewhere."

"Indeed. Well, looks like I've work cut out fo'h me." Terrence pinches the bridge of his snout. "If you evah want to lend a paw with the new one's - and Sergeant Felicity's unit - drilling you're more than welcome to."

Zolomon nods "Yeah, its gonna be busy around here now that everyone is mostly back, and get things slowly back to normal"

"Yes, though of course I'm missing two bloody corporals between you and Adrian." Terrence grins, "And I suppose you need some as well."

Zolomon chuckles "Hopefully one or two will be chosen soon, suppose we will have to see." He sighs a little "Hope Felicity recovers soon and even when she does, she will likely only be part time for a while"

There's a shift in Terrence's expression as Felicity's mentioned, but its soon gone. "Yes. Yes..." With a sigh the sergeant shrugs. "Unfortunately I have the sinking feeling it will be some time before she's back to herself, if at, well." He leaves the last part of his sentence unsaid. "I'm thinking about putting in a request to get Dom at least Lance-Corporal, but half the time it seems a rathah bad idea what its his, ehem, oddities."

Zolomon says, "I think Dom has done fairly well, just make sure no one talks of toads around him"

With a grimace Terrence responds, "I daresay he needs to get ovah that if he's going to work as anything highah than a private. Maybe giving him some responsibility'll straighten him out - o'h at least stop him from lurking i the catacombs."

Zolomon frowns "He still hangs out down thar...hmm. I think he could likely handle it if your talking a...like promotion maybe, maybe Major Varus would know"

"Yes, though the majah's been busy." Terrence says, "Same goes fo'h Lt. Greg and even myself - with Felicity, well, I have twice the normal number of hares to look ovah."

Zolomon says, "I can help best I can , we do need ta make sure de patrol is in good fightinf form"

"Indeed - also, Zolomon," Terrence looks at him, "Can I ask you a favoh? While I've given the ordahs to mine and Felicity's squads, I can't extend them to yours: basically what I'm asking is that you tell you'h hares to keep out of Halyard unless strictly ordered to go there. We lost a private there a little while back due to a ba'h fight and I don't want to lose any more like that."

Zolomon listens carefully, "Alright and  I won't go either. I think some of the retired hares can keep an eye on things if needed, and I know one former member stays thar so perhaps check with them at times."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Having cleaned up from the day's exercises Terrence finds himself once again making his way down the halls. He has intent now, though, and the small piece of paper with a small list of names was clenched in one paw. The sergeant nods from time to the hares he passes but he's mostly preoccupied.

Koda walks slowly down the hallway, delivering a note and picking up a report, he now heads back to the library.

"Sergeant," comes a voice with a commanding air. The older Major had just stepped out of a nearby door, just into Terrence's path. "Ah, and Private... Koda, is it?" He's barely met the fresh-faced Private, but he makes it a priority to know all the names of the junior ranks. He's mostly greeting the two other hares in passing, however.

"Sah." Terrence gives a quick salute before his attention is turned to the private for a moment. He'd hardly noticed Koda before this, but no matter. "Majah, I was actually looking fo'h you."

Koda also salutes and stands at attention to both, "Surs. I was just checking on reports and then getting them to who needs them." Not to much is to report, basic how things are in the infirmary and supply lists in the infirmary and kitchens.

Varus pauses, mid-stride. "Y' were?" He turns, looking Terrence up and down. "This isn't tha' supply requisition request, is it?" He also nods to Koda. "At ease."

"No, no, I don't know anything about the supplies." Terrence says, holding out the paper, "It's more to do with command, Sah. To put it simply I'm out of three blinkin' corporals since Zolomon's promotion and with you'h son staying out on his mission- six if you include me looking aftah all of Sgt. Felicity's hares, and I need the help."

Koda relaxes and stays off to the side, he frowns a bit but doesn't ask what was going on and he knows the haremaid was in the infirmary,likely one of the reports is updates on how she is.

Varus grimaces briefly at the mention of Felicity. "No improvement there, I'm afraid," he replies. "Th' healahs 'ave no idea..." He takes the parchment, adjusts his spectacles, and takes a look over it. "Looks like we need a round o' promotions, eh wot. Speakin' o' Adrian, 'e's a Sahgeant, now. And, if all goes well, they'll be back wi' us come next Summah, eh wot." He peruses the list a second time, more critically.

"Ah, well, uh, congratulations." Terrence looks a bit sheepish for a moment, but it soon passes. "Of course, I would have liked to actually have him worked as a corporal fo'h me but good fo'h him. Anyway!" The sergeant gestures to the paper. "Those are my recommendations fo'h corporals in my patrol - Pvt. Greenhill, Pvt. Konneh, and, well, Pvt. Kasimi'h. Hopefully if we give some responsibility to Dom he'll stop sending so much time down with the dead..."

Koda listens quietly to the talking as he has nothing else to do as of right now. "Maybe some of the...recruits will be privates soon if its more hares for patrols that's needed." He isn't sure how helpful he is though.

Varus looks up, over the top of the list in his paws. "Now, that lad know wot needs doin'. Yes, we need t' get more o' those recruits whipped inta shape an' make Privates out of 'em all... As f'r yahr suggestions... I like 'em. Exceptin' Private Kasimir. I'm not fully convinced 'e's fully recovahed from 'is mental breakdown... Before I'm ready t' formally promote 'im, I'd first like t' send 'im on a routine mission wi' a pahty o' four recruits, to test 'is command ability... Wi' yahrself taggin' along t' observe."

Terrence nods. "Yes sah, I'll be sure to." He doesn't seem the most thrilled, though. "As fo'h the recruits - and you, private," He turns to Koda, "I'm planning on having every hare I can legally ordah to go through training and drilling again till you lot all are hares of the Long Patrol."

Varus notes the Sergeant's lack of enthusiasm. "I'm sorry, Lad. Normally, leveret-sittin' Private Dominik is something I would've assigned Felicity to do, but she's...indisposed... So it'll fall on yahr shouldahs this time..."

With a laugh Terrence shakes his head, "No, it's no mattah sah - at least were Dom comes in. It's not him I'm worried, o'h necessarily the poo'h privates saddled with him. Moreso the rest of the hares here." He shrugs. "Perhaps instead of just Dom and a few hares I'd suggest leading a general training mission fo'h all of the privates, corporals, and recruits, while keeping an eye on Dom to see how he handles it. Kill two birds with one stone, if you understand my meaning. Oh," he adds, after a moment, "We will be sure to avoid those damned swamps and the toads."

Varus grimaces again. "I already wrote it up as mah general recommendation t' avoid trainin' missions in th' swamps for all but th' most experienced patrollahs. We don't need a repeat o' tha' debacle, especially not on mah watch, since I'm currently th' only active duty Majah takin' soldiahs inta battles. Wot wi' mah colleagues all retirin', goin' off t' run the 68th in Mossflowah, or goin' off on secret missions that only Lord Ciocan knows about."

"Indeed sah." Terrence takes of his spectacles, polishing them with the hem of his tunic. "Whether o'h not you are the only majah, the privates and recruits all need to get used to using speahs in basic battle formations, least fo'h startahs. I was planning on mostly staying on the parade ground right outside the mountain fo'h all that."

Varus nods his head again. "Y'll get no objections from me, eh wot. Speah trainin' is just as useful as th' rest." He looks over the list in his paw. "I'll definitely fast track Konnah's promotion, though..."

"Pvt. Greenhill's also shown herself to be competent, especially since we got back from sea," Terrence taps the paper. "If Reuenthal were still alive I'd have put him there instead of Konnah."

Varus frowns. "Aye, he 'ad promise. It's always th' promisin' soldiahs tha' pass t' the Dahk Forest, I'm afraid... I second Green'ill, though."

Terrence shrugs. "But there's little we can do when it comes to fighting - he was one of the more skilled hares. As fo'h Greenhill," he nods, "She's probably the most level-headed private in the whole division!"

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer