Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-28 07:51:52 AM

Mother Krisha

Late Start To The Day- Redwall Log

WHO:

Krisha- Badger Mother

Oz- Dibbun

Xander- Retired Warrior, and now a Novice

LOG:

It was still a little early yet and the Badger Mother knew she would need to be up soon, soon the bells would ring for breakfast and to be up, but she was still tried from dealing with a couple of dibbuns. The dibbuns were fighting in the middle of the night, over a pillow. Slowly she sat up and yawned.

Xander was still asleep, though not too deeply, and tossed and turned slightly. He gave a small whimper and muttered something about no and griped his blanket. The muttering increased as he was clearly having a very bad dream.

Krisha looked over at Xander and laid a paw on his shoulder "Honey? Hey, wake up love."

Oz stood up in his crib and tried to climb out. He frowned as he failed and sat back down rubbing sleep from his eyes.

Xander only tensed up at the touch and shivered "No...no....lave me..a...alone" He was clearly still mostly asleep.

Krisha gently shook him and then pulled her paw back as waking up in their sleep is sometimes a bad idea but she didn't want his dream to keep going. She instead wrapped her arms around him and muttered calming words, she has dealt with dibbuns who had bad dreams after all.

Xander whimpered but managed to calm as he slowly opened his eyes and looked at Krisha, he then hugged her close and just stayed quiet.

Oz looked ready to go back to sleep, but of course, the bells went off and he stood back up and clearly wanted out "Out....out...me out....out!"

Krisha offered Xander a smile and blinked at the sudden hug but hugged him too"Bad dream love?" She glanced over at Oz "In a moment Oz." She knew Sister Anna would be getting the dibbuns up and she heard her doing just that.

"Nightmare" Xander muttered and after another couple moments, he let go of her, was he crying? "Bout...." He frowned " Kurgan, not had it in a while...use to be almost every night."

Oz started to cry a little, he wanted out and he wanted out now!

Krisha kissed Xander and smiled "Your ok, Kurgan is dead and gone and your safe, I am safe. Everyone is safe love, it was just a bad dream."

Xander nodded "I..I know Krisha, it's just." He sighed " Just it could have gone so much worse, and wot if I had died or wot if I did end up in some wheeled chair. I still have issues with my leg, its all numb right now...sort of" He frowned as it was starting to hurt some, again.

Oz was starting to get upset, he tried to climb out only to tumbled back onto his bed. He snorted a little and then looked over at his parents. He stood up and " Ma....mama...mama mamama...."

Krisha hugged Xander "It will be ok. Also, do you need  Angela to check on your leg or maybe some willow bark tea." She then quickly looked over at Oz and stood up to go to him, looking down at him as if in some surprised daze as tears go down her face. She then picked him up and held him close "Yes, its mama.."She smiled "You said mama, you do remember who I am..."

Xander looked over and he finally smiled, enjoying the moment and forgetting the bad dream. "Of course he remembers who ya are."

Oz smiled wide and giggled "Mamama..." He glanced at Xander "Dada..."Then giggled again.

Krisha is just happy, happy tears happy as she holds Oz in her arms, she then walked over to Xander "Come on we are gonna miss breakfast"He handed him his cane and if needed will help him stand up.

Xander accepted the help and grinned "Yeah the Long Patrol leaves today so...those hares are gonna likely eat a lot of breakfast, let's hope something is left" Cause there is, like, everyone else too and they are a little late today getting to breakfast.

Oz  pointed to the door "Yummies...getta yummies!!!"

Krisha chuckles and leads them to breakfast and they do get there in time to eat, though the oatmeal is slightly cold but hey, it still tastes good.

Board footer