Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-19 02:42:18 PM

Willow

Joining the Camp - Camp Willow/Redwall RP

It was early in the day, still cool from the night though the sparsely clouded sky promised things would get warmer. The Skipper had been busy for hours tying up loose ends before they were going to head back for camp and right now he'd stopped in the middle of the entry, staring at the sky to judge the weather.

Tenzin entered the abbey muttering to himself about how he should be able to keep his sword . He glaced around and steped further inside and gives a small nod to the other otter.   

Gaheris looked back down at the sound of life and nods back to Tenzin "Alright' mate? Y'ain't one of my lot" his head tilts, looking curious of an otter he doesn't recognise instead of all the ones he does know.   

Tenzin raises an eyebrow, " One of yours?" He has a sort of northern westersten kind of accent when he speaks, he shakes his head " All my family is gone, been gone most of em when I was a little one."   

Gaheris has the thick accent of a Mossflower otter who spent all his time in the camp growing up. He laughs briefly at the confusion "Ah! That'll explain it, y'ain't from around 'ere" he walks closer to offer a paw out "I'm the Skipper around these parts. Sorry fer yer family, where y'come from?"   

Tenzin frowns when Skipper is mentioned and at first seems he rather not shake paws, then he does." Tenzin...born on a small. cove by de sea, least first few seasons. Then A rather nasty island till few weeks ago."   

Gaheris raises an eyebrow at the frown and looks puzzled but he doesn't mention it yet as the paw shake is accepted. He makes a guess about the island though and looks surprised "Ah, tha' island...I guess y'came in with the returnin' dibbuns?"

Tenzin nods " Yeah. Gorax be dead. Wish I could of killed him but tis fine all evil ones died as well and good beasts freed."   

"Aye, I heard the story from some 'f the other beasts who came back" The Skipper says as he gestures back towards the abbey building "We've got a few pups from tha' place comin' back t' Camp Willow with us...Can't imagine growin' up in a place like tha' but I'm 'appy t'know anyone who saved 'em from 'avin' t'stay there any longer"

Tenzin says, "yeah it was no fun. Me and some others escaped one day and tried to help others.Then that ship with the tall badger and hares, hedgehog came ta help..that was a great sight ta see and luckly a little over A week..maybe 2 after the slave ship brought new slaves to de island.""   

Gaheris stares at the abbey building as he's talking "Mm, tha' must 'ave been the abbey dibbuns bein' brought in...If the vermin 'ad never bothered this place they might never 'ave found tha' island..." he shakes his head "Like y'say, it's over though"   

Tenzin nods. " Yes. now just ta..find me place in all dis, not here though.Tis nice and great food but I am a fightin' beast...and this place is peaceful. And I not be one ta set aside being a figter,a warrior...I wanna help protect this place and even the woods and that river we cane down ta get 'ere"   

Gaheris hehs and smiles faintly "Well y'welcome t'come with us when we 'ead 'ome. Camp Willow ain't like the abbey, we come 'ere when they need the fighters. I ain't sayin' y'll walk out outside int' a battle everyday there, we 'ad t'rebuilt a lot the last time tha' 'appened and I ain't wishin' for it again, but we patrol the woods and the river. Keepin' the vermin at bay is a part of it"   

Tenzin says, "A couple beasts. mentioned Camp Willow. Could be nice ta be in a holt again" He smiles " Sure why not. I will jion up.""

Gaheris chuckles "Well y'welcome t'. We're about a day or so out, far enough t'mind ourselves, close enough t'stop by fer feasts" he grins before he hesitates and goes on "Just one thin'. The Camp, it follows the Skipper" he gestures at himself, looking and sounding a little uncomfortable "I don't think meself an overbearin' leader but I er, I sense tha' could be an issue?" he remembers that frown from earlier.   

Tenzin replies" It..won't be, I know de importace of a Skipper, me Holt..Rushing Sea Cove, had a Skippet..t..too" He takes a deep breath calming himself,not anger no from breaking down." My father was Skipper of my holt...that wolverin destoyed my holt, took me and 3 other young ones, killed all others and killed my father. "   

Gaheris looks sadder as he understands a little more "Ah, I'm sorry mate. I get it now...Y'got out and y'll 'ave a better life now with the wolverine gone, tha's all any father could 'ope fer fer their kids..." he aims to clap a paw on to Tenzin's shoulder "Welcome t'yer new 'olt. Y'll like it, I promise"   

Tenzin manages a smile and nods " Thank ypu gor letting ne join up Skipper"   

Benar steps out of the Great Hall and starts down the steps, the Abbot pauses to just watch how busy the abbey is. With the late summer sunshine out everyone is out and about enjoying themselves.   

"We always welcome good otters" the Skipper replies with a slight chuckle as he looks back towards the sky and abbey's gates, missing the abbot as a result "I was just decidin' when t'tell the lads we're 'eadin' 'ome. They've 'ad their feast and a day t'sleep it off. There's no more rats lurkin' around and the abbey's fighters are back so it's about time t'get back t'normal"   

Tenzin says, "Well ya be de Skipper just say time ta head out" He chuckles and notices the Abbot but doesnt say hi just yet."   

Benar asks, "Skipper," Benar says with a nod of his head toward Gaheris, "Who is this?" he looks at Tenzin, "I don't believe we've met but you came home with Ciocan and the others I believe? So I am sure we owe you our thanks for helping to rescue our children.""   

Gaheris chuckles back but hears the abbot before he can say anything else and he looks back around to the squirrel, nodding back "Abbot" he glances back to the other otter "Ah, this is Tenzin" he replies before gesturing to Benar and speaking to Tenzin "This is the abbot, 'e's in charge of the abbey"   

Tenzin nods a hello.He speaks again after listening to them. " Yeah I helped...showed Ciocan and them maps of tunnels under that island and wherr ta..well sneak in." He grins " Fun ta ambush de vermin fer once." Tenzin remembers most of the fight.The otter was knocked out before a chance to help fight the wolverin, but in a way being knovked out saved his life as he likele woulg of died if he fought the wolverin himself as he would of not let others get to Gorax.   

Benar tucking his hands into the sleeves of his habit the squirrel listened, "What island where they on? No one has told me which one they visited yet."   

Gaheris listens along, he's heard bits of the tale so he knows most of it but he doesn't recall the island's name so he says nothing of that.   
Tenzin says, "Island of the dead or Gorax island as de wolverin called it....tis real name be ...Terramort"   

Benar frowns at the names and then his ears perk up as the island name is stated, "Terramort... that is a name that has not entered into our history in a long time... seasons beyoned uncounting. Thank you for letting me know"   

Gaheris stops to think about it as the abbot recognises the name "...It vaguely rings a bell..." he shrugs though, he's not a historian.   

Tenzin says, "someone...been thar before sur?"   

Benar says, "It is in our history, the Pi-rats used to use that island as their base long ago, during the age of the warrior Mariel.""   

Gaheris' eyebrows raise "Mariel? Tha' is an impossibly long time ago" he at least remembers the names of old warriors.   

Benar says, "Yes the time of Mariel was a very long time ago," the squirrel sighed and leant against the doorframe, "But I am glad the place has been cleared out now.""   

Gaheris scratches his whiskers and nods along "Back out of the paws of vermin...The dibbuns back where they belong. It were a bad season but it worked out in the end. 'opefully autumn will be nothin' be good 'arvests...I was just sayin' I was thinkin' on when t'ave us 'ead back t'camp, now yer abbey's all quiet as it should be again"   

Benar says, "Well the harvest is coming in and the abbey is looking to have a peaceful winter so that should be nice.""   

The peaceful late morning is slightly broken, luckly not too much just an escaped dibbun a very worried Novice Susan put down a morment, just a morment to help get someoene something."where..where is he, I am gonna get in trouble...do much" She fails to see a...ummm is that a bed sheet mov8ng across the grass..odd.   

Tenzin nods" Always good to be ready for winter."   

Benar asks, "Excuse me a moment," Benar steps onto the law and leans down to lift up the sheet, "Oz," the squirrel says softly, "Just what do you think you are doing with this sheet? They are not toys""   

Oz blinks as he is show and giggles. He can walk but still crawls a lot too.He smiles up at Benar " Hihi..hi" The novice still has yet to see the dibbun.   

Tenzin looks over at the abbot and small badger and chuckles." So we have a tiny badger and a great tall one around huh..ya abbey be full of badgers if count de other two."   

Benar folds up the blankets, draping it over one arm and reaching down to pet Oz's ears, "Well what are you doing outside little one?"

Oz still says few words yet as he smiles. " Out..funny heehee." And the novice finds him so he quickly hides behide Benar and shows another word he leaened, probably from DAB.." No...no..no"   

Tenzin chuckles " Gotta love young ones, and then one day they grow big and..do wotever in life:   

Benar says, "Out is not funny," Benar says sternly as he picks Oz up, "You do not run away from those looking after youy, that is quite bad.""   

Tenzin grins as he leans on the wall.   

Oz frowns now and looks over at the novice quietly.   

Benar hands Oz back to the novice and shakes his head, "Running away from those looking after you is very bad Oz. I will be telling your parents, especially ruining a sheet like this."   

Oz frowns," No tell....no" The novice speaks," Sorry I put him down a morment to hand a basket of folded sheets and towels to Brother Rick and turned and he was gone."   

Tenzin smiles lightly, then sighs " least ya have parents lad, and a good life...a lot of my younger days were messed up"   

Benar says, "Sorry Oz," the squirrel shakes his head, "I am telling them, you need to learn that you cannot be naughty. If I don't tell them next time you'll do it thinking you can get away with it because we won't report you." The abbot then nods to the Novice and turns to look at Tenzin, "Much like me, my parents where both killed when I was very little, far, far to the north. I wound up a slave, adopted, kidnapped, enslaved, rescued... it was... not a good life.""   

Oz pouts as he is carried off, the novice will let the abbot deal with the telling the parents.   

Tenzin nods " Ya dibbuns 'ere got very lucky to be able to come home."   

Gaheris chuckles quietly at the antics of the child "Eh, sheets can be washed" is his opinion on baby badgers playing with them. He listens to the fates of the others parents though he's not sharing his own, he at least still has a mother "Here's t'bein' adults and givin' the youngsters more than y'ad"

Tenzin smiles, somewhat. " Yeah, suppose...as said they be lucky, could still be on that island after all and the ones lookin' fer em could of got lost."   

"Or worse" the Skipper says before he starts heading back towards the building "It worked out, tha's all y'ope for. Come on, we better get some supplies arranged and get everyone movin'. I'd say we leave t'morrow"   

Tenzin nods as he follows " Tomorrow sounds good,we shouldn't need too much in supplies if its a little over a day traveling"

Board footer